SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Karle94 shipyard (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=186531)

iowa101 09-17-12 04:48 PM

Thats never happened when I download his mods, doubt it requires any others but i wouldn't know, I also use them with stock 1.5, and just in case! take off any other ships you have, having two ships active at the same time can cause problems.

chrislong 09-17-12 11:25 PM

Karle what mods are your ships compatible with ?

Karle94 09-18-12 02:50 AM

Any major mod since my mods replace enough files to sqeeze into the campaign.

polyfiller 09-18-12 08:41 AM

Karl - is there any way I can convince you to join the efforts to compelete the TSWSM ? I just posted in the ATO mods forum about my intent to compete the 1st beta release of the TSWSM.

Could really do with some assistance form someone who understand how to make ships playable .... I also know how to do this (I've comepleted around 40 for TSWSM) ... but I really need some more active modding talent to help out.

One thing I want to do is to use you improved graphics / model for ships like HMS Hood in the TSWSM ... the one we currently have was taken, IIRC, from SH3. This would mean taking your 3D model and aligning it with the .upc and .zon files we use for the current Hood ... I can do this but I need to direct my time to other parts of the mod I need to comlpete before beat release.

Also quick quesiton - do you ships have working external damage models i.e. do shell holes appear in the ship you are playing if hit ?

Please please please consider helping .... it would give the community a mod with a large variety of surface ships to campaign in, plus lot's of nice features not seen before.

Thanks (hopefully in advance ;-)

Karle94 09-18-12 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyfiller (Post 1935746)
Karl - is there any way I can convince you to join the efforts to compelete the TSWSM ? I just posted in the ATO mods forum about my intent to compete the 1st beta release of the TSWSM.

Could really do with some assistance form someone who understand how to make ships playable .... I also know how to do this (I've comepleted around 40 for TSWSM) ... but I really need some more active modding talent to help out.

One thing I want to do is to use you improved graphics / model for ships like HMS Hood in the TSWSM ... the one we currently have was taken, IIRC, from SH3. This would mean taking your 3D model and aligning it with the .upc and .zon files we use for the current Hood ... I can do this but I need to direct my time to other parts of the mod I need to comlpete before beat release.

Also quick quesiton - do you ships have working external damage models i.e. do shell holes appear in the ship you are playing if hit ?

Please please please consider helping .... it would give the community a mod with a large variety of surface ships to campaign in, plus lot's of nice features not seen before.

Thanks (hopefully in advance ;-)

I am infact a member of TSWSM and have been for quite some time. No one has told me to do anything for quite some time. I have done some small changes from time to time on the Hood. Some ships, but not all has a damage model. Some don`t cause none fits them. To make a damage model is quite difficult at best.

polyfiller 09-18-12 10:23 AM

Oooh that is good news .... so maybe I can suggest a few things you can do to help get the beta out ?

First one would be to convert your hood 3d model to use the TSWSM damage model and other config files...

Next would be ..... how to import your muzzle flash for the big guns into the env.dat and particles.dat in the TSWSM .... the one in TSWSM is based on envirnment 4.0 (I think) and I don't want to replace it with your files for fear of breaking some other changes I made to it ... but I can't remember what they are :-(

I am currently trying to work out how to add new naval bases as career start points - so that I can load out Rosythe and Scappa flow with all the playable british ships as carer start points.

Karle94 09-18-12 10:41 AM

The only change in my muzzle flash mod is done in the materials.dat and particles.dat. The changes to the stock is only recoloring. Others, like for 6, 8 inch guns are new and won`t ruin other things. There`s also a new effect for weapons like the Bofors 40mm.

polyfiller 09-18-12 10:43 AM

Yes, I thought as much ... any chance you can send me the modified node numbers so I can export them and import them into the TSWSM file ?

Probably best to send via PM.

Thanks.

As a member of the team, I can make available to you current status of the mod - but you will need Ops Monsun to be able to use it.

Karle94 09-18-12 11:15 AM

I changed all of the fire effects, that`s all of the stock aspects I`ve changed. Do send the newest version of the mod.

Karle94 09-19-12 04:57 PM

I decided to increase the number of AA guns from 39 to 59. Replaced some pom-poms with the Bofors and increased the sheer on the bow for a third time. Didn`t even notice, eh?

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...psf547f478.jpg

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps1107d497.jpg

This is what happens when the fighting gets close:

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...psf20ed8a5.jpg

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps04de917b.jpg

Arael 09-25-12 11:37 AM

Do you still take requests?

Karle94 09-25-12 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arael (Post 1939210)
Do you still take requests?

Reasonable ones, yes.

yubba 09-25-12 12:30 PM

OOoo OOoo oo I got one..

Are you doing anything with the anti ship missles, I got the tomahawk with the 688 but the range is short.. it falls short of 4000 yards have gotten hits at 3000 yards tried for 5000 and watched them fall into the sea..and are you going to get them to fire from modern ships. thank you.

Karle94 09-25-12 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yubba (Post 1939253)
Are you doing anything with the anti ship missles, I got the tomahawk with the 688 but the range is short.. it falls short of 4000 yards have gotten hits at 3000 yards tried for 5000 and watched them fall into the sea..and are you going to get them to fire from modern ships. thank you.

Already done. 2500 km range I believe.

yubba 09-25-12 04:37 PM

Ooooooook, where ????

Sorry about being a pain,, and my wording I have a horrible scense of humor it is as bad as my spelling you can ask anybody,,, you do nice work, I have had asked about a pilot house on these mods before,, I came up with a idea that uses the control room veiw with the forward bulkhead removed and have a modified bulk head with port holes added with the dive plane station removed I think the s-boat control room would do nicely but this is way beyond my skills. Could you please direct me to where I could find the missle mods thank you..