SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]Venatore's SHV Mod Bunker (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173371)

tonschk 10-10-10 04:38 AM

thank you :salute: Venatore :woot:, already downloaded and enabled ,thank you :up:

In a previous post, I was suggesting to merge many many of your SFX mods into a single Supermod (and I see in this SH5 forum other people are asking for a "SH5 SuperMod") , :hmmm: BUT, I am reconsidering this way to Mod approach because, for example I dont agree with some of the changes made by GWX to SH3,and I wanted to keep the SH3 % Hull Integrity (hit points) and also I dont agree with the SH3 GWX darker underwater colour , therefore now I think is a better approach to add smaller specific mods to fit my way to play SH5 instead of a huge Mod, of which I must start to delete the component I dont like.

Venatore 10-10-10 04:51 AM

I totally understand community members wanting a super SFX mod from me, but; I work on each and every sound effect file individually, taking up to 2 weeks in some circumstances. I'm not even half way through my SFX end-state development so if I was to make a SFX mega pack it would not be delivered to the SHV community till mid 2011 at the earliest :doh:

I do this so as to give each sound effect file full credibility and it avoid becoming a half arsed attempt :nope:

I have 20 x U-boat skins in the bunker not to mention the many uniform mods in development.

Rushing out crap mods has never been my style and I won't take shortcuts. The best I can do would say to the community make a file and call it for example Venatore's SFX mods. Just keep dumping my SFX mods into that folder each time one arrives.

I thank you for your constant feedback
tonschk. It members like you that keep me in the modding development :up:

Mega Mods are the way to go.....but; I think SHV is far from getting a dedicated modding team at this early stage of SHV's life. We are still missing some critical area modding talents and until they arrive us little tiny independent modders will forge on.

Kind Regards

Ven

tonschk 10-10-10 05:00 AM

Hi Venatore :DL I think you dont understood my previous post, now I am a little contrary to a Supermod, and I think a Supermod is not the best idea/approach

Venatore 10-11-10 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonschk (Post 1512097)
Hi Venatore :DL I think you dont understood my previous post, now I am a little contrary to a Supermod, and I think a Supermod is not the best idea/approach

tonschk,

No matey I understand you, it just that when the time comes for mega mods there has to be choices, example (GWX / WAC / NYGM).

But, before mega mod teams start developing they need a chain of command, a clear mission, allocate sub-mod commanders (objects manager / sound effects manager / skinning manager / packaging manager / documentation manager / spokes-person) and there would be several other positions, not to mention the ability to keep the team going through bad times as well.

Venatore 10-16-10 07:30 PM

Unterseeboot II SFX

Unterseeboot II SFX
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ebootIISFX.jpg
ALL NEW eerie creaks & groans whilst inside your U-Boat and the unique SFX of the movement of the ocean around you :o Theres no background talking in this mod just the sounds of your U-boat
  • This mod replaces seven original Silent Hunter V internal German U-Boats audio files with modded versions.
  • The seven audio files which have been modded are as follows;
  • amb_SubmarineInterior_Q.wav (30 minute continuous non-repetitive SFX)
  • ambiance_Command-room_Q.wav (converted to silent)
  • ambiance_Conning_tower_Q.wav (converted to silent)
  • ambiance_Kitchen_sequence.wav (converted to silent)
  • ambiance_Radio-room.wav (converted to silent)
  • ambiance_Torpedo-room_Q.wav (converted to silent)
  • Creaks_Level1.wav (converted to silent)
  • There is no SFX talking only the eerie sounds of your U-Boat.
  • Walking within the confines of your Unterseeboot from bow to stern the 30 minute continuous non-repetitive SFX audio file will enable you to talk to the men in the forward torpedo compartment whilst hearing distant coughing, hatches shutting, constant sounds of the hull of the Unterseeboot straining against the ocean.
  • For best results you should consider using my audio mods called;
  • U-Boat Radio Room Telemetry SFX
  • U-Boat Propulsion SFX
  • German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
  • U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
  • Silent Seagulls
  • All audio files contained within this mod were created by Venatore.
  • This mod is JSGME compatible.
  • This mod is zipped with WinRAR.
Thank you for downloading this mod :up:

Kind Regards

Venatore.

7thSeal 10-16-10 07:39 PM

Your sound mods are just as important as the graphic mods to me Venatore. They give the game so much more immersion. Great job!:salute:

Jimbuna 10-17-10 08:57 AM

I'll definitely give this a spin http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

tonschk 10-17-10 09:40 AM

Hi there :DL, Thank you Venatore , I will give this version a try , but probably I will keep the first version with background talking , Thank you very much :salute:

By the way, the U-boot in that screenshot looks really Good :woot:

pascal4541 10-17-10 11:32 AM

Thank for your collection :yeah:

[501]Otto 10-17-10 01:05 PM

Brilliant, another "must have". You modders give a new dimension to this game.
Thx for your great job. :yeah::yeah:

Venatore 10-17-10 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thSeal (Post 1516160)
Your sound mods are just as important as the graphic mods to me Venatore. They give the game so much more immersion. Great job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1516394)
I'll definitely give this a spin

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascal4541 (Post 1516455)
Thank for your collection

Quote:

Originally Posted by [501]Otto (Post 1516512)
Brilliant, another "must have". You modders give a new dimension to this game. Thx for your great job

Thank you for your latest feedback, very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Venatore
:oops:

Madox58 10-17-10 11:26 PM

Someday,
When I get a better system?
I'll be on your Mods like
Ugly on Ape!
:haha:

Regards Mate!
:up:

pascal4541 10-20-10 05:42 AM

Hello Venatore,
An order of installation is it better with all your mods?
and with the use of Stormys DBSM 1.2?
Again thank you for the undeniable quality of your work :salute:

Venatore 10-21-10 03:44 PM

pascal4541
Quote:

Originally Posted by pascal4541 (Post 1518252)
is it better with all your mods?

Yes matey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascal4541 (Post 1518252)
and with the use of Stormys DBSM 1.2?

Unsure as I do not use this mod.

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-21-10 04:18 PM

I had to disable Unterseeboot II mod as it interfreed with MightyFineCrewMod w/beards. One of the crew members resorted to default look. I kept the Unterseeboot I mod which also worked with Stormy's Mod.