SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [WIP] The Offical Post of The Surface Warfare Super-Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946)

ivank 01-14-09 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tater
Out of curiosity, how did 2 vals score 4 hits?

in an anti-shipping role they'd have carried a single, 250kg bomb (AP or semi-AP) each.

Actually, aside from various mods that fix the aircraft in SH4 (stock planes are grossly over armed), for your mod it might well be useful to make sure the bombs are appropriate from an AP standpoint, and maybe some land-bombers you come across might have only GP bombs.

it was 5 vals, after which I shot down 3 of them

Sledgehammer427 01-15-09 12:35 PM

this means i must put together a super-sweet skin for the KGV too, i believe it will be my signature ship.

actually, the KGV was supposed to have another Quad turret where the dual is.
however, it presented problems with balance and other things, as well as size limiataions by Versailles.

SO, i was thinking, modify the KGV (ill come up with a really bitchin' class name later) with another Quad gun turret, with a deeper draught
sounds cool huh?

ivank 01-15-09 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
this means i must put together a super-sweet skin for the KGV too, i believe it will be my signature ship.

actually, the KGV was supposed to have another Quad turret where the dual is.
however, it presented problems with balance and other things, as well as size limiataions by Versailles.

SO, i was thinking, modify the KGV (ill come up with a really bitchin' class name later) with another Quad gun turret, with a deeper draught
sounds cool huh?

Yes you do need to come up with skins:D

And the KGV is a great ship for your TSWSMTM signature ship! I think I am going with the Bismarck or Prinz Eugen, maybe even a raider:cool: .I like your plans for your extra quad idea. good luck with that. any ideas for a name?

DarkFish 01-15-09 02:19 PM

Quote:

sounds cool huh?

Yeah sounds good.:rock:
But why create another class visually similar to the KGV? Wouldn't it be easier to make that turret upgradeable so that the player can choose to either have a dual or a quad turret? This way the player can switch between them if he wants to. Maybe with some renown cost so that it's really an upgrade.
It would only be impossible to have a deeper draught then unfortunately.

Sledgehammer427 01-15-09 02:26 PM

speaking of Raiders...I'm building a papermodel of the Graff Spee :smug:
I'll upload pics when im finished

ivank 01-15-09 02:37 PM

Quote:

speaking of Raiders...I'm building a papermodel of the Graff Spee :smug:
I'll upload pics when im finished

sounds cool! I can't wait.

When you get your computer?

Sledgehammer427 01-15-09 03:02 PM

:hmm: probably sometime in mid next week, it shipped today

ivank 01-15-09 05:24 PM

nice

Sledgehammer427 01-17-09 09:22 PM

so. as a dev i have to ask how much IS done with part I?

ivank 01-17-09 10:42 PM

Most of the campaign( I just need those ships you are going to convert, reskin, and edit done) the patrol files need to be done as well. Most of the ships(that we have) are done. and thats it

Sledgehammer427 01-18-09 01:26 AM

mmmkay, I'll get down to converting those ships when my PC arrives, which should be on friday

ivank 01-19-09 01:32 PM

Sounds good to me!:up:
I am currently attempting to work on the patrol objective.

ivank 01-19-09 04:52 PM

Kent Class CA

Kent Class CA Patrol

Kent Class CA:
Made playable by Darkfish
Has Darkfish's temporary main gun texture fix
Lacks Tomhugil's damage model

Patrol ended after major damage from IJN Kongo class warship off Southern China.

I will give more info, later I am currently patroling with the Fiji class CL, no DM

polyfiller 01-19-09 06:57 PM

Ivan - would it be possible to list olanned playable ships (or PM a list) along with status i.e. converted, damage modelled, tested, guns balanced etc.

FYI I've statred looking into ship physics so that the big ships move around in big wave (fore & aft) but don't bobble around port / starboard in the swell like demented corks. Not sure if anyone else is looking at this ? Trick seems to be to change the gc height and massively reduced the up/down & left/right drag.

Work on damage model supsended until; 1) Tom is back online and 2) Skwasjer releases the next version of S3D (with the damage zone editing functions).

Can anyone confirm whether or not they've tested a converted ship which slows to zero if/when engines are destroyed ?

I'm thinking of creating a basic checklist for damage to be filled out when testing ... so we can compare results and know what does / does not work on each ship in terms of taking damage.

ivank 01-19-09 08:45 PM

The Surface Warfare Super-Mod Version 1:

-Playable Navy's:
- Royal Navy
- Kriegsmarine
- Royal Australian Navy
-Playable Ships:
-King George V class (BB) Completed
-Renown-class (BC) not started
-Admiral class (BC) not started
-Revenge class (BB) not started
-Queen Elizabeth class (BB) not started
-Nelson class (BB) not started
-County class (CA) not started
-York class (CA) almost done, needs DM, new guns
-Leander class (CL) not started
-Town class (CL) needs DM
-Dido class (CL) needs DM
-Flower class (PG)
-Black Swan (PG)
-V&W class (DD)
-Tribal class (DD) needs DM
-Mod Leander (CL)
-Bismarck class (BB) WIP(needs DM, to be made playable, etc)
-Scharnhorst class (BC) same as Bismarck class
-Deutschland class (PBB) needs one more ship, DM
-Admiral Hipper class (CA) see Bismarck class
-K-class (CL) not started
-Type 34 (DD) not started
-Type 36 (DD) not started
-H-39 class (BB) not started