SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Finally Got WOFF (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237979)

Sailor Steve 03-21-19 09:38 PM

16 March 1915

Yet another day of bad weather.

stork100 03-22-19 07:57 PM

It's good to see you still continuing with these daily flight logs after that mishap with your computer. They make fun and interesting reading.

Based on your advice earlier in this thread I did actually lash out and get WOFF Ultimate Edition a few months ago and have been really enjoying it. As you said it might as well be called Red Baron 4 and I couldn't ask for more from it as a spiritual successor. They really have done a terrific job and it's hard to see it ever being surpassed for what it is. Great stuff.

Sailor Steve 03-23-19 04:05 AM

Awesome! :rock:

Sailor Steve 03-23-19 04:05 AM

17 March 1915

The Verdun area is heavily overcast, but clear enough for some flying.

Senard Aerodrome, Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1148: Local patrol over our own field. Basically just using the weather to get some flying time in. 1 hour 5 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1158: Overcast but able to make a patrol. Flew south over Somme-Vesle. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Sailor Steve 03-23-19 01:45 PM

18 March 1915

Flanders is still raining. Verdun is still overcast but flyable.

Senard Aerodrome, Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1307: Photography mission over Charleville, very deep into enemy territory. 3 hours 4 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1408: Scouting flight over Epernay. 1 hour 47 minutes."

Sailor Steve 03-24-19 10:29 AM

19 March 1915

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0821: Scouting mission over the trenches west of Lens with Ltn Leffers. Saw my first enemy machines today. Two biplanes – English type. Prepared to run, as we’ve heard they are arming some of their machines. They ignored us, though, and soon disappeared into the clouds. 1 hour 43 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0822: Defensive patrol over our own airfield at Droglandt, an old familiar field. Flying second to SLt Masson Sollier. 1 hour 12 minutes. Garros has disappeared for the time being, off on some assignment He has been taking these “mystery trips” on and off since January, and nobody seems to know what is up."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0902: Led Sgt Crowe on a mission to bomb a rail yard north of Lens. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "It’s been nine days since we last flew! The constant rain has finally lifted and we are in the air again. 0903: Part of a three-plane flight led by Lt Cruikshank to bomb a rail yard north of Lens. 1 hour 20 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0909: Scouting flight over the trenches from the Aisne River down to Sillery. 1 hour 45 minutes."

Senard, Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "0926: Another photography mission, this time over Sedan. 2 hours 39 minutes."

Sailor Steve 03-24-19 09:20 PM

20 March 1915

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0802: Offensive patrol over the lines near Paaschendale, again with SLt Masson Sollier. 1 hour 31 minutes."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altenforf writes: "0902: Artillery spotting over the trenches near Cappy, Ltn Leffers supporting. 1 hour 41 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0923: Supported Lt Cruikshank photographing enemy trenches east of Lens. 1 hour 40 minutes."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0958: Scouting mission over German airfield at Haubourdin. 2 hours 2 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1108: Another scouting flight over Epernay. 2 hours 2 minutes."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "1219: Quick scouting mission over nearby trenches. 50 minutes."

Sailor Steve 03-25-19 10:56 AM

21 March 1915

Winter closes in yet again. The snow seems to be mostly gone, but a new set of rainstorms sweeps through the front.

22 March 1915

Today is warmer, but still raining all across the fronts.

Buddahaid 03-26-19 08:32 PM

Admittedly I haven't been following your careers but I do enjoy catching up at times. That said I'm going to give this sim a try and I've ordered CFS3 and WOFF as of yesterday. I've been spending most of my game time on Assetto Corsa lately so it's time to do some flying again.

Sailor Steve 03-27-19 08:09 AM

:yeah:
My reports aren't much to read, really. Some of the guys over at the SimHQ WOFF forum are writing huge stories well worth reading - novel material. I just file reports.

Sailor Steve 03-27-19 08:10 AM

23 March 1915

Still raining over the Verdun area, but Flanders has dried out a bit.

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0823: Another offensive patrol over the lines near Niewpoort. Again with SLt Masson Sollier. 1 hour 16 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0903: With Lt Cruikshank on a mission to observe an enemy observation balloon. The order said “Attack”. With what? A carbine? We stayed well above the Archie and looked at it for awhile. 1 hour 16 minutes."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0903: Scouting over airfield at Houplin, near Loos, again with Billy Crowe in company. 2 hours 12 minutes."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0907: Artillery Spotting near Lens. Offstv Friedel accompanying. 2 hours 23 minutes."

Sailor Steve 03-27-19 01:59 PM

24 March 1915

A new storm is moving into Flanders and the last one is still hovering over Verdun.

25 March 1915

No letup in the weather. It's raining everywhere.

Buddahaid 03-28-19 08:03 PM

I have WOFF installed now and working on getting things settled. First problem was no joystick because Webroot considered the tools.exe as malware. Sorted that by a reinstall but I also found that Saitek is now Logitech and the upgrade SW broke most of what I had sorted last time I was flying other sims. IL2 still does not see a joystick but everything seems to so far. Now I expect when I use the racing wheel it will be messed up. :O:

Buddahaid 03-28-19 08:52 PM

I've got some reading to do. The control interface is a bit confusing right now, and even though I've got the main flight controls sorted, I still get aileron input from the throttle at the extreme ends of the control like the software doesn't remember the stick is the roll control until I move it again.

Sailor Steve 03-29-19 12:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I have a cheap Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS that I really like. I have the twist-stick locked down and use the rocker bar on the throttle for rudder control. Sometime it gets that same problem - throttle up becomes right bank. I have to remind myself to check the controls before every flight. I've found that when it happens I can just unplug the unit and plug it back in and things go back to normal. Other than that I can't think of anything to tell you.

Buddahaid 03-29-19 09:20 AM

So it was sounds like the throttle problem is a software bug. At first I thought it might be a modelled in torque effect but it would be badly done if that was the case.

Buddahaid 03-29-19 07:48 PM

Reading through the support FAQ I learned how to map the controls properly and solved the issue. It's not enough to bind the control to what you want to use it, you also have to unbind other controls that may be using it. In my case I needed to unbind the Saitek throttle from the X axis so just the stick was bound to it. Obtuse for me.

Sailor Steve 04-01-19 02:11 AM

27 March 1915

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0820: Followed Lt Cruikshank on a scouting mission over the enemy aerodrome at Haubourdin. 1 hour 42 minutes."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0825: Supported Lt Ellis on an Artillery Spotting mission. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0903: Defensive patrol over our airfield at Abeele, with Lt Masson Sollier. 1 hour 20 minutes.
Garros has returned. It seems that he and his personal mechanic Hue have been spending time at the Morane Saulnier factory in Paris, working with Raymond Saulnier on some kind of a mechanism that will let him shoot a Hotchkiss machine gun through his propeller. He showed us the system and told us he would be going hunting for Germans as soon as possible. We are all curious about the thing and he gladly showed us all how it works. I’m not sure I understand completely, but it has metal wedges bolted to the propeller to push any bullets that come in contact out of the way. It will be interesting to see if he gets any results."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "1003: Scouting mission over the trenches near Herleville, with Ltn Leffers. 2 hours 1 minute."

Senard, Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "1100: Took off for photo mission over Guignicourt, looking for suspected enemy troop buildup. Engine failed. Managed to land back at field. 7 minutes.
1123: Took off again in spare plane. Arrived over Guignicourt, took pictures. Followed the Aisne west back over the lines. Motorcycle dispatch rider waiting for us on the field on our return. I guess these pictures are important. 1 hour 55 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "1325: Long scouting flight over enemy airfield at Champaubert. 2 hours 13 minutes."

Buddahaid 04-01-19 09:03 PM

I've got a handle on things and started career today. Mostly just a struggle to maintain station on a front patrol ending with a bad landing writing off the plane. I was in the virtual cockpit and didn't realize quite where I was so I came up short and rolled into a tree.

Buddahaid 04-01-19 09:17 PM

Oh and I took home and repaired these Champoux binoculars that were at dad's house. I thought they were just old Opera glasses, not WWI French trench binoculars. They work surprisingly well.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/zazuHP.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...923/9jgO3c.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/Wq2ohp.jpg