SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   SH5 Mod Guide for Beginners (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=190656)

Capt. Monroe -FIN- 05-24-12 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1888401)
Before you talk to the upgrade guy - save/load game.
You have to do this at the start of each new campaign :up:

That did the trick, thanks! Already sunk a 4 ship convoy off the Coastal waters.

LisaAzra 05-24-12 01:52 PM

UI crashing system

Hi again, thanks for the info about folders, I think that may have been one problem. I followed u-tube tutorial, installed opus/UI/ etc followed exactly, on start up menu have windows open, one about recording entries in journal with check boxes and another (can't see) neither windows will close and if I try to start the game under new, can't get silentotto feature and crashes back to windows. re-installed game, vs 1.2patch, etc just put on DW's New UI mod, same. I've checked the player option py script can't see why happening

Ok I reloaded the mod with just the TDC hidden changed from false to true and things are working. Must say it looks fantastic, so big kiss to all of you who have turned a major disappointment into something worthy of the name. Guess now it is a matter of tinkering with the py script. Is there a tutorial on the attack dial? I'm guessing it is similar to the AOB calculator available for SH4?

Sorry guys, being blonde I found the manual, ooops and I'm now in charge of a sub!

SturmJagdtiger 05-25-12 09:22 PM

Thank you, I am new and having so much fun!! :DL

TheDarkWraith 05-26-12 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaAzra (Post 1888475)
Ok I reloaded the mod with just the TDC hidden changed from false to true and things are working. Must say it looks fantastic, so big kiss to all of you who have turned a major disappointment into something worthy of the name. Guess now it is a matter of tinkering with the py script. Is there a tutorial on the attack dial? I'm guessing it is similar to the AOB calculator available for SH4?

Nothing wrong with Blondes!

It is not advisable to edit the options file by hand. Use the app I made for editing it. It can be found in \data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer

Documentation on the attack disk can be found in the \data\Documentation folder.

Trevally. 05-27-12 12:01 PM

Added the new resupply bug fix to post1

Thanks TDW:yeah:

conthefruiter 06-24-12 05:30 PM

good job helped lots.

pariahjaide 07-05-12 12:08 AM

As a noob to the game and community, this thread is very helpful, as I definately want to mod SH5 into a better state. So thanks a bunch for putting the info out there.

ahwuestenfuchs 07-05-12 01:40 AM

I'm thrilled. Great work, thanks to many ....

Pi4 07-13-12 11:49 AM

Great guide! Thank you! :yeah:

Bosnian 07-22-12 01:54 PM

Thanks for this guide. :up:

Trevally. 07-22-12 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosnian (Post 1912777)

Welcome to subsim Bosnian:salute:

Paco 07-22-12 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosnian (Post 1912777)

Welcome to subsim:)

martinko 07-24-12 08:23 AM

Stock Sh 5 just doesn't cut it. This is very helpful topic Thanks

Magic1111 07-24-12 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinko (Post 1913453)
Stock Sh 5 just doesn't cut it. This is very helpful topic Thanks

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard!!!:salute::salute::salute:

Creeden 07-25-12 07:37 PM

Thank you

Thanks for making this thread, I would be so lost without it... and thank you so much for everyone's hard work here at Subsim... you guys are great! :salute: