SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]Venatore's SHV Mod Bunker (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173371)

pascal4541 10-03-10 11:31 AM

U-Boat SFX Propulsion:it's perfect. Diesels just barely audible inside
Bravo venator :up:
:salute:

tonschk 10-03-10 12:11 PM

Hello Venatore , thank you for your sound Mods :yeah:, report about some of them:
1) : The blow ballast mod is OK, apparently when I order surface the starting blow sound is similar as the Stock SH5 blow ballast sound but is seamlessly followed by a pressurised air moving ( all this in about 10 or 15 seconds )
2) : When submerged, inside the sub the electric motors sound is OK, my comment is, the noise of the electric motor inside the diesel room is exact the same intensity as inside the electric motor room , therefore I think the electric motors must have the biggest noise inside the electric motor room
3) : This comment is a bit strange , and I am not 100% sure about this, I try already two single missions and when I surfaced the U-Boot, the diesel motor sound is OK when I am inside the sub, but when I jump out on the external bridge, I think I can hear the electric motor sound almost hidden behind the noise of the diesel engine, therefore apparently both diesel engine and electric motor are running simultaneously, I am not 100% sure about this because the electric motor is barely audible and is 95% covered up with the diesel engine sound

Venatore 10-03-10 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonschk (Post 1508168)
Hello Venatore , thank you for your sound Mods :yeah:, report about some of them:
1) : The blow ballast mod is OK, apparently when I order surface the starting blow sound is similar as the Stock SH5 blow ballast sound but is seamlessly followed by a pressurised air moving ( all this in about 10 or 15 seconds )
2) : When submerged, inside the sub the electric motors sound is OK, my comment is, the noise of the electric motor inside the diesel room is exact the same intensity as inside the electric motor room , therefore I think the electric motors must have the biggest noise inside the electric motor room
3) : This comment is a bit strange , and I am not 100% sure about this, I try already two single missions and when I surfaced the U-Boot, the diesel motor sound is OK when I am inside the sub, but when I jump out on the external bridge, I think I can hear the electric motor sound almost hidden behind the noise of the diesel engine, therefore apparently both diesel engine and electric motor are running simultaneously, I am not 100% sure about this because the electric motor is barely audible and is 95% covered up with the diesel engine sound

tonschk,

What your hearing is the whooshing of the screws exactly like in Das boot. When your on the conning tower you will still have the whooshing screw effect (it's ever so faint) but it is there. I did this on purpose so as it becomes a continuous effect through the U-Boat.

So to answer Q3; you are correct, however; I think is adds more SFX to the overall package.

You'll note in the movie Das Boot when U96 is compromised on the surface on two different occasions as she is just disappearing beneath the waves the footage switches to the external view of U96 descending and immediately the whooshing of the screw can be heard, this was well & truly within the time zone of the diesels still running.

It was a compromise for community members wanting the whooshing Das Boot SFX & trying to enhance an already existing SFX.

The Ballast tank mod has two very distinct sounds the original sound upon a dramatic shift in movement within the ballast & then a seamless transfer of the alternate sound which is the transfer / steady movement of the the ballast in action.

Thank you for your feedback, I've copied and pasted your comments into my mod bible documentation :up:

Regards Ven

Fearless 10-03-10 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venatore (Post 1508091)
Fearless,

Never heard of this before, I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else is getting the same repeated knocking sound. I just hope you haven't forgotten someone on the conning tower whilst diving :har:

But; On a serious note, I haven't heard of this repeated knocking and you are the first to report it.......I'll commence operations to observe other comments in relation to this nominally :06:

Regards Venatore

Sorry, It is the Uboat Propulsion SFX not the Unterseeboote FSX that causes the loop knocking sound.

oscar19681 10-06-10 10:15 AM

Venature , about the unterseeboot sfx. I think it has to much das boot chatter in the mod. I like the other ambient stuff. But it just feels weird to hear the mod say tiefer li nach 140 meter geheb when i,m still at periscope depth. Its like someon is watching das boot in my u-boat. Could you make a version with the main charakters of the movie intruding on my day to day operations?

Venatore 10-07-10 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 1510088)
Venature , about the unterseeboot sfx. I think it has to much das boot chatter in the mod. I like the other ambient stuff. But it just feels weird to hear the mod say tiefer li nach 140 meter geheb when i,m still at periscope depth. Its like someon is watching das boot in my u-boat. Could you make a version with the main charakters of the movie intruding on my day to day operations?

Gee Oscar19681; your riding me like a two dollar whore :timeout: this mod is a killer to re-make and amend, however; I'll make a version with no conversations :doh: all you will hear is the U-boat movement.

:hmph: By the way.......the name is V.E.N.A.T.O.R.E

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-07-10 05:41 AM

Only 2 dollars?:har:

I like the mod just as it is.:DL

oscar19681 10-07-10 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venatore (Post 1510587)
Gee Oscar19681; your riding me like a two dollar whore :timeout: this mod is a killer to re-make and amend, however; I'll make a version with no conversations :doh: all you will hear is the U-boat movement.

:hmph: By the way.......the name is V.E.N.A.T.O.R.E

dont get me wrong i like to mod. Maybe you could just delete the captains conversations the rest seems to be good . Its just unrealistic to have the captain from das boot constatly comment on everything you do! Its like there is mutiny on the boat , Either that ot there are 2 captains aboard my boat!

Also i think the boats cracking sounds are a bit to much really , It would be cool if you where really deep but not all the time.

Trevally. 10-07-10 12:37 PM

I use all your SFX mods for SH5. :yeah: Great job.

Venatore 10-07-10 11:16 PM

I can't understand German...so I don't know what the hell they are saying :D however; I do understand your point that if you do understand German that it would be very hectic in that U-boat of yours :har:

I'm in the process of making another internal SFX this will have creaks, groans water movement distant hatches opening & closing, coughing, sneezing, shuffling, bangs, twangs & anything else that makes a noise...but; no talking :up:

Venatore 10-07-10 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1510817)
I use all your SFX mods for SH5. :yeah: Great job.

I thank you for your support Trevally :up:

Venatore 10-07-10 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker (Post 1510669)
Only 2 dollars?:har:

I like the mod just as it is.:DL

Yep $2.ooc :D

Venatore 10-07-10 11:30 PM

:oops: FIVE STAR THREAD RATING:oops:

Thank you.......to whom ever voted for the Mod Bunker to have a five star rating.

Kind Regards

Venatore :D

Venatore 10-08-10 02:13 AM

Ferocious Fire SFX

• This mod replaces the original fire sound effect files with modded versions.
  • The three audio files which have been modded are as follows;
  • Fire_catastrophic.wav
  • Fire_medium.wav
  • Ship Fire 1.wav
  • By utilising this mod the sound of the fires on ships will have a more ferocious crisp crackling sound effect. I have also increased the sound volume.
  • All audio files contained within this mod were created by Venatore.
  • This mod is JSGME compatible.
  • This mod is zipped with WinRAR.
<Download Links>
Thank you for downloading this mod :up:

Kind Regards

Venatore.

sentenc3 10-08-10 02:41 AM

Venator thank you very much :)... because of your sound files ... the game becomes more real in the sound effect:up::up: