SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Battle of Britain (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171365)

Schroeder 07-12-10 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force (Post 1442220)
SPY!!!!!!:o

That's Raptor's line.;)

Raptor1 07-12-10 12:28 PM

SPY!!!!!!:o

Oberon 07-12-10 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 1442217)
I might not be there tonight. I'll go to an intelligence meeting this evening and I don't know how long it will take.

Bit of a contradiction isn't it? :doh:

Schroeder 07-12-10 12:50 PM

A spy is going to give me info on German plans. I don't know how long it will take. Where is the contradiction?:doh:

Raptor1 07-12-10 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 1442325)
A spy is going to give me info on German plans. I don't know how long it will take. Where is the contradiction?:doh:

Oberon is referring to the lack of intelligence, perhaps.

Kratos 07-12-10 03:11 PM

Well guys,i had plans to join in tonight but after re-installing the game and relevant mods, then suddenly remembered that the sound card on this damn machine dont like T/speak or t/speak dont like s/card :cry: ....ah well i'll try and sort it on other machine for next time.

Raptor1 07-12-10 03:19 PM

A shame. Well, hope to see you next time.

And where the hell are the rest of you deserters!?

HunterICX 07-12-10 05:27 PM

Yeah, hope you'll be set up for the next time :yeah:
it will be good to have you back with us mate.

HunterICX

Schroeder 07-12-10 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos (Post 1442451)
Well guys,i had plans to join in tonight but after re-installing the game and relevant mods, then suddenly remembered that the sound card on this damn machine dont like T/speak or t/speak dont like s/card :cry: ....ah well i'll try and sort it on other machine for next time.

I hereby declare you being AWOL!
Raptor will shoot you when you return.

At least I've got some intel now from that guy. He said we should expect low flying pink cows soon who will attempt to barf on our parked planes. So put those things into the hangars.

Should I mention that he gathered his iinformation in Dutch bars.:|\\

Raptor1 07-12-10 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 1442553)
I hereby declare you being AWOL!
Raptor will shoot you when you return.

At least I've got some intel now from that guy. He said we should expect low flying pink cows soon who will attempt to barf on our parked planes. So put those things into the hangars.

Should I mention that he gathered his iinformation in Dutch bars.:|\\

Your (i)information is awful. Everyone knows flying cows are green, not pink!

You shall be executed, right after Task Force...

Oberon 07-14-10 04:29 PM

28th July 1940

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/images/28jul1.jpg

Luftwaffe target: Convoy near Hellfire corner

There was less enemy activity in the morning, and it was not until the afternoon that the major engagement of the day took place in the Straits, off Dover.
Our fighters shot down seven enemy aircraft at a cost of two Spitfires. Other raids approached shipping and ports on the south and west coasts, either doing no damage or retiring before our fighters could intercept.
At 1204 hours, a large number of aircraft assembled and circled over the Calais-Boulogne district and then set course for Dover. When the enemy aircraft had reached a position half way across the Straits they turned back to the French coast where they gradually dispersed.
At 1335 hours, five raids involving approximately 100 aircraft, crossed the Straits and were engaged by four Squadrons of our fighters off Dover. No 74 Squadron accounted for three Me109s (confirmed) with the loss of two Spitfires. No 41 Squadron shot down two Me109s (confirmed) and No 11 Squadron shot down two He59s (confirmed).
At 1552 hours, one raid was plotted 40 miles south of Dungeness to within 30 miles of Selsey Bill where it turned south-east and faded in the Le Havre area at 1630 hours.
At 1708 hours, two raids involving 9+ aircraft where plotted flying east from the direction of Portland. These raids turned north and approached Swanage, but retired on approach of our fighters. Another raid originated over Portsmouth and faded in Baie de la Seine without interception.
At 1735 hours, a "help" signal was received by a convoy near Milford Haven; fighters were despatched without result.

CASUALTIES:

• Enemy: Fighters - 5 confirmed; Bombers - 2 confirmed 1; Floatplanes - 2 confirmed.
  • Own: 3 Spitfires 1 Hurricane.

Oberon 07-14-10 04:36 PM

Red One - 74 Squadron - RAF Manston

Weather half-way to decent. Took off and headed for hellfire corner, climbed to angels one five and circled. Wingman spotted Jerries in the cloud so we dived into the clouds and I followed him in.
Out of bloody nowhere, three yellow nosed bastards appear out of the clouds in front of us, no more than twenty-thirty feet away and fly straight through our formation...and straight through me. I lose my tail section, no idea what damage it did to Jerry but Red two of a local Hurri squadron reported seeing him go into the drink.
Bailed and waited for the Dover Lifeboat to pick me up.

Still having flashbacks of those 109s just zooming out of the cloud like that...

Confirmed One Bf109...

Retrieved from Channel by Dover Lifeboat

Pilots Notes:
Biggest 'Oh ****!' moment ever experienced in Il2... :o:doh::dead:

Crécy 07-14-10 04:52 PM

May I ask what is these reports Oberon posts? Are they from single player campaign or from multiplayer?

Task Force 07-14-10 07:13 PM

Tis a Multiplayer campaign we are doing.

HunterICX 07-15-10 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crécy (Post 1444437)
May I ask what is these reports Oberon posts? Are they from single player campaign or from multiplayer?

He posts first a real life report of the Battle of Britain and then he posts a pilot debriefing of his own experience :)

but as TF mentioned, we're playing a MP Co-Op campaign.

HunterICX