SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   August 2011 New Member Sign Up (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=186222)

Jimbuna 08-17-11 11:59 AM

Welcome to you both :salute:

Arpi 08-17-11 12:57 PM

Hello, I am new...well new to posting :-?. Cant download.

Well I regularly read this forum, fascinated of submarines, but I have always been a lurker on this forum, or any other forum for that mater. Ye I have to improve that.

Soo, I hope I can download that new OH II :DL. I am so exited about that add-on! It even made me post hehe.

Gerald 08-17-11 01:38 PM

Welcome to SubSim Birdie018!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdie018 (Post 1730039)
i'm new in sh5 and french, and i like this very good site thank you

:salute:

Gerald 08-17-11 01:40 PM

Welcome to SubSim Arpi!

:salute: Read this link for d/L,

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=185237

Jimbuna 08-17-11 02:18 PM

Good to see you surface Arpi :sunny:

Magic1111 08-17-11 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy smith uk (Post 1729992)
hello all
i have all the silent hunters series
hunter 3 with sh3 commander is the best with trying to get past the strights of gibralter my favourite( not my wifes who threatens divorce)
its even better when you have been there out on a dolphin watching boat and see how narrow it is and how the guns on the rock dominate the span.
i am pushing my computer skills now trying to download and run qwx gold.
i have winzip and winrar now and am trying to get it done
commander u101:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpi (Post 1730107)
Hello, I am new...well new to posting :-?. Cant download.

Well I regularly read this forum, fascinated of submarines, but I have always been a lurker on this forum, or any other forum for that mater. Ye I have to improve that.

Soo, I hope I can download that new OH II :DL. I am so exited about that add-on! It even made me post hehe.

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard all !!!:salute::salute::salute:

Fish In The Water 08-17-11 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy smith uk (Post 1729992)
hello all

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpi (Post 1730107)
Hello, I am new...well new to posting...

'Tis a pleasure to welcome you all! Enjoy the site and have fun! :sunny:

CrowSHV 08-17-11 06:45 PM

Hey everyone!

I bought Silent Hunter 5 just last weekend (a drunk decision no less), but I'm glad I got it. Either I've played the 'run & gun' type of games too often (mindless games) or most games just aren't very 'strategic' anymore. I'm having a blast with SH5, even though it took me quite a while to 'master' the torpedoes. It's probably the first 'real strategic' game I've played since Silent Service for NES.. forever ago. I have the steam version (which I've been reading, it might've not been the best choice :damn:) but I'm going to see about using the mods.

Happy hunting

Fish In The Water 08-17-11 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowSHV (Post 1730335)
Happy hunting

Welcome Crow, glad to have you on board! :sunny:

Magic1111 08-18-11 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowSHV (Post 1730335)
I bought Silent Hunter 5 just last weekend (a drunk decision no less), but I'm glad I got it. Either I've played the 'run & gun' type of games too often (mindless games) or most games just aren't very 'strategic' anymore. I'm having a blast with SH5, even though it took me quite a while to 'master' the torpedoes. It's probably the first 'real strategic' game I've played since Silent Service for NES.. forever ago. I have the steam version (which I've been reading, it might've not been the best choice :damn:) but I'm going to see about using the mods.

Happy hunting

:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard !!!:salute::salute::salute:

Gerald 08-18-11 08:03 AM

Welcome to SubSim CrowSHV!

:salute:

Jimbuna 08-18-11 08:26 AM

Thanks for 'flying-i'n Crow :salute:

:03:

CrowSHV 08-18-11 09:29 AM

Hey all, I have installed JSGME and have a few mods ready to be activated.. now I'm just waiting for boring work to fly by... Can't wait to try them out when I get home.
But one question I do have, does anyone else find themselves taking a bunch of screenshots when your torps hit a ship? :D

Herr-Berbunch 08-18-11 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowSHV (Post 1730710)
But one question I do have, does anyone else find themselves taking a bunch of screenshots when your torps hit a ship? :D

Welcome aboard all you guys.

And CrowSHV, yes! Seeing the plume of water rising is a fantastic sight, and it means you did something right. :up: I don't know how SHV works but with SH3 a lot of people have it very realistic - except for external camera, so they can take exactly that kind of shot.

CrowSHV 08-18-11 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1730715)
Welcome aboard all you guys.

And CrowSHV, yes! Seeing the plume of water rising is a fantastic sight, and it means you did something right. :up: I don't know how SHV works but with SH3 a lot of people have it very realistic - except for external camera, so they can take exactly that kind of shot.

Hi Herr-Berbunch, I know what you mean on the plume of water :DL. I have a few screenshots where I have blown off the first 15-20' of the bow.. I didn't realize the default game had 'those' kinds of details.:rock: I will definitely be using realism a mod, but will keep searching throughout the day for a good/the best one, unless there is no noticeable difference between them.
Sorry for the chitter-chatter if it's not allowed here. :oops:

Herr-Berbunch 08-18-11 11:04 AM

What's a forum if not to chitter-chatter :D

If you've been on many other gaming forum, with their rude fanboy-I-know-it-all-why-don't-you mentality then you are if for a refreshing suprise here. Most people are mature (in actions, not neccesarily years) and we all want the most out of a game, and to have a good time in doing so. :arrgh!:

CrowSHV 08-18-11 11:31 AM

I haven't been on many gaming forums, I usually browse through them first (to find answers or hints) and most of the time I read lots of that 'elitist' stuff going on; That's when I don't bother. After a few days of searching and reading on these forums, this place IS completely different from the others (like you said) which is why I registered. :yeah:
There are huge amounts of info on here and helpful people, so I'm sure I won't be needing to ask many questions. But I don't mind interacting and chatting either. :)

frau kaleun 08-18-11 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowSHV (Post 1730779)
After a few days of searching and reading on these forums, this place IS completely different from the others (like you said) which is why I registered. :yeah:

:yep:

Welcome aboard, looks like you found the right place. :salute:

CrowSHV 08-18-11 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1730784)
:yep:

Welcome aboard, looks like you found the right place. :salute:

Why yes I did. Very informative and detailed instructions (besides the nice & helpful people). :up:

Jimbuna 08-18-11 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowSHV (Post 1730710)
Hey all, I have installed JSGME and have a few mods ready to be activated.. now I'm just waiting for boring work to fly by... Can't wait to try them out when I get home.

A friendly challenge for ya.....if you can get a BB to 'turn 'turtle'...be sure to post a screenshot of before, during (torpedo explosion) and after and I'll send you a GWX enamel cap badge, I'm sure I've still got one lying around :03:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5...2417331589.jpg

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/404/ls2n.jpg