SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   PC Hardware/Software forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   SUBSIM mobile phone thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155969)

AVGWarhawk 10-03-12 09:06 PM

All this phone talk I upgraded my girls from talk and text phones to iPhone 4. Their choice of course. Kept my monthly charge the same. They are happy. My wallet is safe. I welcomed them to the 21st century.

Herr-Berbunch 10-04-12 01:48 AM

Hey, Soops, it's not a complaints forum although there will no doubt be some, think of it as a tips forum, a place to go with specific advice about your phone. :yep:

HunterICX 10-04-12 04:22 AM

Work:
Nokia 2720a-2
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FGzjl8qkKe0/hqdefault.jpg

Private:
Samsung Wave 723
http://www.infonucleo.com/wp-content...23-537x500.jpg

HunterICX

Onkel Neal 10-04-12 06:49 AM

I like Samsung Products:)

HunterICX 10-04-12 09:45 AM

Aye it's a great brand when it comes to mobile phones and TV/Monitors.

HunterICX

Herr-Berbunch 10-04-12 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterICX (Post 1943872)
Aye it's a great brand when it comes to mobile phones and TV/Monitors.

HunterICX

Yep, I've got both. :yeah: The only downside is a dead thunderfly in the lower left of the monitor. :/\\!!

Skybird 10-04-12 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1943821)
I like Samsung Products:)

Yes. My mother's notebook, my own TV and cellphone are Samsungs. All run flawless, are well manufactured, and produce good quality in what they do.

A rubyred E1150 on my side. Enduring battery. Simple. Good. Elegant. And almost always switched off, which is the best feature it has. The only thing I hate more than needing to call somebody, is to get called.

If I would win a smartphone plus free treaty, I would sell it immediately.

Onkel Neal 10-04-12 06:21 PM

Jeesh, Sky. That sounds pretty anti-social :arrgh!:

Herr-Berbunch 10-04-12 06:46 PM

How to make friends and influence people! :hmmm:

mapuc 10-04-12 06:58 PM

Since my first post in this thread I've got two cell phones

the first was Sony Ericsson W395 Had that one for about a year.

About 6 month ago I got a

HTC Wildfire S

I'm very pleased it works great.

Markus

joea 10-05-12 05:34 AM

iPhone 4 here, quite happy with it and actually like the Apple ecosystem-at least for music/apps. While I like the "smartphone" part of it, it also has allowed me to skip getting an ipod and a mobile gaming system (can't replace PC gaming of course but the quality of many ios games has actually surprised me).

Just a bit tired of "phone wars" though.

Skybird 10-05-12 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1944068)
How to make friends and influence people! :hmmm:

Either by talking vis-a-vis or by spending the time to write a letter instead of doing a quickie by hitting the "I like" button or by throwing in a 3 seconds-tweet...?

Skybird 10-05-12 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joea (Post 1944185)

Just a bit tired of "phone wars" though.

Oh, that is snothing, just wait for Windows 8 - MS obviously tries to change the game for PCs as well and turn the Windows PC into a closed system like Apple and its depending iUniverse.

Background: if MS succeeds and people tolerate W8, it will spell agony for games on PCs, but maybe will bring Linux the long awaited breakthrough not only on servers, but home PCs as well. Steam starts to develope for Linux now, in reaction to W8. The Minecraft developer has refused a MS request to let his game being licensed for W8. I hope more game studios and developers do like this. Business is not eager to buy W8 either, since they have longer updating cycles for basic software, than private households. If now gamers could be sensible enough for the future of gaming, and boycott W8 as well, then there is hope that the PC will remain to be a free gaming platform for some years longer. Windows 8 must fail - we cannot afford to let it become a success for MS. It would kill the PC as we know it. Turning the PC into a closed universe like Apple is the real drive behind Microsoft pushing tablets and W8 Metro. The latter are only baits to soften up resistance to their real ambition.

The more costly a W8 debacle for MS becomes, the better.

Skybird 10-05-12 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1944057)
Jeesh, Sky. That sounds pretty anti-social :arrgh!:

I just hate to talk with somebody on a wire. I prefer email, chat or forum, to phoning. Because when I talk to somebody, then I want it to be vis-a-vis.

McCoy hates transporters. I hate telephones. ;) I also hate to jump just because somebody else hits a button. Telephones have the unpleasant feature of ringing at right that time when you do not need any disturbance at all.

longam 10-05-12 03:45 PM

You might want to get your blood sugar checked. :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JC6w9hgl7c

AVGWarhawk 10-06-12 11:46 AM

Still pushing data with my HTC EVO. Going on year three. Ain't broke. Ain't fixing it. :D

Anthony W. 10-07-12 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1944745)
Still pushing data with my HTC EVO. Going on year three. Ain't broke. Ain't fixing it. :D

I got my Evo in 09' as well haha

No cracks or anything so far.

Hawk66 10-07-12 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 1944321)
Oh, that is snothing, just wait for Windows 8 - MS obviously tries to change the game for PCs as well and turn the Windows PC into a closed system like Apple and its depending iUniverse.

Background: if MS succeeds and people tolerate W8, it will spell agony for games on PCs, but maybe will bring Linux the long awaited breakthrough not only on servers, but home PCs as well. Steam starts to develope for Linux now, in reaction to W8. The Minecraft developer has refused a MS request to let his game being licensed for W8. I hope more game studios and developers do like this. Business is not eager to buy W8 either, since they have longer updating cycles for basic software, than private households. If now gamers could be sensible enough for the future of gaming, and boycott W8 as well, then there is hope that the PC will remain to be a free gaming platform for some years longer. Windows 8 must fail - we cannot afford to let it become a success for MS. It would kill the PC as we know it. Turning the PC into a closed universe like Apple is the real drive behind Microsoft pushing tablets and W8 Metro. The latter are only baits to soften up resistance to their real ambition.

The more costly a W8 debacle for MS becomes, the better.

Skybird, you have to differentiate between Windows 8 desktop and Windows 8 Metro apps. Windows 8 desktop programs remain as today.

Metro is more or less in the first version a touch-based OS and I do not think that on the desktop it becomes the major flavor in the foreseeable future.

I know a lot of people say the desktop is dead, blabla ;) but I do not believe that. Often the same people complain that they do not wanna work with a tablet for more than an hour.

I also do not like closed systems but we have to tolerate that probably the majority of end users exactly wanna having this due to security and stability issues. 95% of the non IT-people also do not install apps on web pages...they just go to the market.

So, personally I hope MS has success so that Apple gets a further competitor.
From a developer perspective MS has the best development tools and framework, which I like very much.

MH 10-07-12 05:31 AM

Are not you people tired of ranting about every new version of windows and how the previous one was the best...so far win95 was the best one or 3.11.

Seriously...

http://shinnok.com/rants/wp-content/...e_ballmer1.jpg

Does this guy look like some one who means you any harm.:D

Onkel Neal 10-07-12 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 1944318)
Either by talking vis-a-vis or by spending the time to write a letter instead of doing a quickie by hitting the "I like" button or by throwing in a 3 seconds-tweet...?

I understand and agree, it's better to make time to meet and talk in person, but some times text/phone is better. I try to hit a happy medium, I don't want to be this guy.