SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

Kaleun Suhren 05-16-07 01:05 PM

Ahoi Kaleuns;...

I will be with you and i vote for a patch 1.3+ for SILENT HUNTER 4. UBI "P_L_E_A_S_E" dont leave this Community and Help Us.:cry:

jmanwell 05-16-07 01:10 PM

I would like to see another patch from Ubi as well. SH3 was patched to 1.4; we should at least get a 1.3 patch for SH4.

gg. 05-16-07 01:11 PM

UBI, release another patch or give us back our money (or at least an half)...

bsalyers 05-16-07 01:12 PM

Now what?

I agree. I love this franchise, but SH4 is not finished. We all feel the same...

Now what? How do we pressure/beg/cajole Ubisoft to release another patch?

heartc 05-16-07 01:14 PM

I agree with Neal. A third patch is needed. As of now, the game is still incomplete until the issues in the list that Neal brought up are dealt with.

Sonarman 05-16-07 01:14 PM

These reviews speak volumes... Please Ubisoft, we are only a few brushstrokes short of a masterpiece, let the dev team finish the job and we will all be there waiting for Silent Hunter 5 and Destroyer Command 2 to come sailing into port!

IGN
"There’s a lot to like about the latest entry in the Silent Hunter war. The change to the Pacific theatre sees new subs, news targets and most importantly, a lovely range of new mission types. Sadly, it’s obvious that the game has been rushed. We’re used to sims being buggy, but for the fourth in the series we’d hoped for more."

Gamespy
"There's a definite lack of polish and far too many bugs, even a couple of patches and a month after its release. On one hand, since hardcore sims are so few and far between, we should be thankful for what we get. But on the other hand, how many shortcuts should we overlook out of sheer gratitude? There's no denying that there's some wonderful work here, and it's a shame that it's so inaccessible and uneven. But even for those of us who are inclined to stick with it, Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific is a profoundly frustrating experience, in large part because of how close it is to being sublime. "

Firing Squad
"Nothing would be so pleasing as to say that Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific is a worthy successor to Silent Hunter III, an evolutionary improvement over the latter game. Sadly, due to the bugs it has even after two patches and the interface problems, it's difficult to give that glowing an endorsement."

Computer Games Online RO
"With some more polish, SH4 has the potential to surpass its predecessor and to take its rightful place as the best submarine simulator ever made"

PC Gamer
"In the weeks ahead--maybe even by the time you read this--Silent Hunter 4 will likely grow into the sub-sim classic its ambitious designers intended. It's just too bad that the out-of-the-box version narrowly missed the boat. "

Game Almighty
"Silent Hunter features countless bugs you'll find on every machine, and this is unforgivable. It's a betrayal to a loyal fanbase and a detriment to gaining new fans. Unfortunately, it's also an exact replay of what happened two years ago when Silent Hunter III shipped. Deja'vu all over again, as Yogi Berra once said. "

GameShark
"The shipped version of Silent Hunter IV feels like little more than a half-working teaser of things to come. "

supposedtobeworking 05-16-07 01:19 PM

Ubisoft...if you have any concern for releasing quality products and keeping your customer base then this game must be finished. SH2 was a bust....SH3 was finally made salvagable...SH4? We have yet to see...I do know that if you want to sell games like this..then you won't be selling them much longer...if SH4 is not patched then the first and last place I will look for Ubisoft games is in the bargain bin, if I look at all and I know there are many others who feel the same way. I'm not going to spend $50 for an unfinished product again.

TripleDaddy 05-16-07 01:20 PM

Finish what you have started.

Please?

don1reed 05-16-07 01:37 PM

I'd like to add my name to this petition for Ubi to do the right thing and get this sim completed.

Banquet 05-16-07 01:48 PM

Add me to the list.. another patch is necessary

listerlives 05-16-07 01:52 PM

Ctd Ctd Ctd....

sgt.weasle 05-16-07 01:54 PM

1.3 please..

melin71 05-16-07 01:56 PM

I sign in for this one....i have even stop playing becourse the most needed patch.

Txema 05-16-07 01:56 PM

Silent Hunter 4 needs at least another pacth.

UBISOFT, please, let the team finish the game !!!

Txema

jimimadrid 05-16-07 02:08 PM

I think UBISOFT knows that SH4 need another patch. Therefore go on and do it. We will thanks that.

Max Theisen 05-16-07 02:08 PM

100 % agree.

Dustyboats 05-16-07 02:14 PM

Ubisoft and Developers of SH4. Archimedes had to fill the bath with water until he could immerse himself sufficiently to find that "A Body Immersed in Water Displaces its Own Weight in Water". As so many of us wish to immerse ourselves in this game, without repeatedly refering to our Forum to enquire, "Is this a bug or built in portion of the game?", to begin to play the game. Could you bring out that much needed PATCH 1.3. Many of us feel the bath is only half full.....how can we then shout "Eureka!!"....

terrapin 05-16-07 02:15 PM

Just asked my little lad Tim...he said: 'Dad, SH4 looks better, but it does not work right...right?'

So another name on the list...:-?

hawk2495 05-16-07 02:16 PM

am i the only one who hasnt posted yet? lol
as for the 1.3 patch bring it on. make this already awesome game what it was truly meant to be. it is your destiny UBI.:|\\

dkbos 05-16-07 02:20 PM

Make a good thing great!

I agree as well. Another few fixes are needed. Thank you Neal for starting the thread.