SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Mods Workshop for Cold Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   [REL] Playable Russian Subs (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231690)

CaptainX3 07-30-17 09:19 PM

MOD UPDATED!

Completely redid self-noise balance on all subs. Added some missing classes from yesterday's update as well as a bunch of fixes for the British subs which got messed up yesterday.

OlavDeng2 07-30-17 09:33 PM

Awesome to have the update in with the dutch subs :P

If i made any mistakes BTW in the dutch subs(which i 100% for sure did), be sure to send it my way(or Captains way) so it can be fixed :D

ChaosphereIX 07-30-17 10:16 PM

do the weapons use lbs or kg for their warhead weight? there seems to be a mix of both in the file...

CaptainX3 07-31-17 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2503830)
do the weapons use lbs or kg for their warhead weight? there seems to be a mix of both in the file...

Does anyone actually play the mod, or do you guys just browse the files looking for things like that? LOL

wastel 07-31-17 02:16 AM

Is it possible to get the X shape fin/tail in the Alpha Modell used for für 212a class?

Wastel

ChaosphereIX 07-31-17 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainX3 (Post 2503839)
Does anyone actually play the mod, or do you guys just browse the files looking for things like that? LOL

I play your mod all the time, I want to get elite campaigns in all classes

I had to do quite a bit of fixing on my end, some things were OCD:

1. fixed lists of available subs for 84 and 68 campaigns so period appropriate subs are only available to play / be played against. Special note: There is no Permit 68 or Sturgeon 68 in the vessels file.

2. standardized all weapon warhead weights to lbs, and fixed some speeds and other stats of the weapons

3. changed over the GW and EA SSBNs to Mk37s for the 68 campaign - quite a fright when I got shot at by 3 mk48s in my Papa!

4. Fixed available torpedo types for certain classes that are more accurate with their historical loadout - some ancient subs were given USET 80s or Mk48s etc.

5. US sub profiles are missing in the Russian campaign in 68? I get a white screen.

Loving the re-balanced sound profiles - just wondering how you calibrated them?

That is all I noticed for now :)

Thanks for all the hard work sir.

LeopardDriver 07-31-17 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainX3 (Post 2503839)

I actually check every line that changed and decided, what I use and what not. Then I play and test. :-)

ChaosphereIX 07-31-17 05:17 AM

Russian campaign still often crashes with after-action screen - it is blank

sank a carrier, what a chase, and then I have to crash the game :wah:

happened 3x in the last hour

Ramius 07-31-17 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2503860)

1. fixed lists of available subs for 84 and 68 campaigns so period appropriate subs are only available to play / be played against. Special note: There is no Permit 68 or Sturgeon 68 in the vessels file.

2. standardized all weapon warhead weights to lbs, and fixed some speeds and other stats of the weapons

3. changed over the GW and EA SSBNs to Mk37s for the 68 campaign - quite a fright when I got shot at by 3 mk48s in my Papa!

4. Fixed available torpedo types for certain classes that are more accurate with their historical loadout - some ancient subs were given USET 80s or Mk48s etc.

5. US sub profiles are missing in the Russian campaign in 68? I get a white screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2503878)

So, was all these before or after you edited the file to suit your tastes ?

Missing sub profiles sounds like your not using the latest version, I'm sure I fixed them all last night before the last update (but may be wrong) :oops:

I've just ran through a Russian campaign with no issues.
What boat where you using at the time? and i'll try it with that.

ChaosphereIX 07-31-17 07:24 AM

the crashes were before and after unfortunately, and all I changed really were some simple stats...

I was using the Papa class.

Of course I am using the latest version. 68 campaign, US subs in the reference pages when classifying are white boxes.

Ramius 07-31-17 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2503890)
the crashes were before and after unfortunately, and all I changed really were some simple stats...

I was using the Papa class.

Of course I am using the latest version. 68 campaign, US subs in the reference pages when classifying are white boxes.

OK, just wanting to make sure. The Russian campaign in theory is another mod added in.

I can check the campaign with the Papa later tonight (since i made that one lol)

And regarding the white boxes - I thought you meant the sonar signatures (those ones I did update). The vessel profile images (pictures) I'm still in the process of sorting out.
Unfortunately, it seems to be forgotten about when making new units that they need all the extra things :oops:

If you look at Training Mission 8 it should should you what I still need to add. Might be missing a couple of units.

CaptainX3 07-31-17 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2503878)

We spotted this bug on the Discord server yesterday evening. It happens in all four campaigns, and it happens with the new subs only, original vanilla US subs work fine.

We look for hours, and could not find the cause of this bug. I have no idea what's wrong. At this point, I feel my only option is to take apart the entire mod and remove everything that has been added since the update yesterday, because we verified that's when the bug started.

CaptainX3 07-31-17 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2503860)

To respond to each point:

1. Yeah, this is up to each individual player, I just designed the mod so everyone has all options, it's easy enough to edit to suit your own preferences here. Also, I just checked the vessel list, the Permit and Sturgeon 68 subs are in there. They're not in the mod override folder because they haven't been changed from vanilla, so the game is just using the original vanilla files for those.

2. All of the weapons I added were in lbs, but remember that a larger portion of the mod was sent in by contributors, who may not have used lbs. I don't have the time to check every file sent in for accuracy, otherwise I might as well design it all myself. Only way to prevent this would be to stop incoming contributions.

3. Those are from the Russian Campaign mod, so I didn't touch them nor are they balanced with everything else.

4. I originally tried to do this but people complained that they wanted the option of all torp types on all subs, so I tried my best to do that.

5. The Russian Campaign author didn't bother adding them, I suppose.

As for the sound profiles, one of the game devs sent me the numbers they plan on using for the upcoming 1.7 update, along with the actual sound scale used by the game (most mods are way off on this scale) and I based the numbers off of those factors.

aaken 07-31-17 11:10 AM

I think I am responsible for putting mk48 on George Washington and Ethan Allen SSBNs, sorry. Will correct when I get back from vacation

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

CaptainX3 07-31-17 06:37 PM

MOD UPDATED!

ChaosphereIX 07-31-17 09:36 PM

great fix! Thanks for your hard work sir.

Any way to modify all wire guided torps to have STRAIGHT and LEVEL options for their search patterns/depth keeping? Especially annoying with the Russian torps that only go up or down, and side to side. A simple fix.

Additionally, the wp_65-76 torpedo [Whale] is an anti-ship wake homing torpedo, but the mod has it as dumb firing? Got a surprise when trying to attack a carrier in my Oscar. Might I suggest adding these parameters to it?

HomeSettings=PASSIVE
AttackSettings=STRAIGHT,SNAKE,LEFT,RIGHT
DepthSettings=SHALLOW

Also, any way to add the UGST torpedo for the Akula, Yasen classes? It is essentially a longer range, wire guided USET-80, although sources are conflicting as to the exact stats of the torp. For the timeline and to balance it vs the ADCAP, perhaps take the following stats?

WeaponType=TORPEDO
Warhead=660
SurfaceLaunched=FALSE
WireGuided=TRUE
WireBreakOnLaunchProbability=0.01
WireBreakSpeedThreshold=30
RangeInYards=54000
RunSpeed=40
ActiveRunSpeed=50
TurnRate=20
SensorAngles=80,20
SensorRange=3000
WeaponNoiseValues=110,230
MaxPitchAngle=25
HomeSettings=PASSIVE,ACTIVE
DepthSettings=LEVEL,SHALLOW,DEEP
MinCameraDistance=0.5

CaptainX3 08-01-17 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2504034)
great fix! Thanks for your hard work sir.

Any way to modify all wire guided torps to have STRAIGHT and LEVEL options for their search patterns/depth keeping? Especially annoying with the Russian torps that only go up or down, and side to side. A simple fix.

Additionally, the wp_65-76 torpedo [Whale] is an anti-ship wake homing torpedo, but the mod has it as dumb firing? Got a surprise when trying to attack a carrier in my Oscar. Might I suggest adding these parameters to it?

HomeSettings=PASSIVE
DepthSettings=SHALLOW

Also, any way to add the UGST torpedo for the Akula, Yasen classes? It is essentially a longer range, wire guided USET-80, although sources are conflicting as to the exact stats of the torp. For the timeline and to balance it vs the ADCAP, perhaps take the following stats?

WeaponType=TORPEDO
Warhead=660
SurfaceLaunched=FALSE
WireGuided=TRUE
WireBreakOnLaunchProbability=0.01
WireBreakSpeedThreshold=30
RangeInYards=54000
RunSpeed=40
ActiveRunSpeed=50
TurnRate=20
SensorAngles=80,20
SensorRange=3000
WeaponNoiseValues=110,230
MaxPitchAngle=25
HomeSettings=PASSIVE,ACTIVE
DepthSettings=LEVEL,SHALLOW,DEEP
MinCameraDistance=0.5

Excellent idea, will be in today's update.

CaptainX3 08-01-17 02:43 PM

MOD UPDATED AGAIN! LOL

ChaosphereIX 08-02-17 07:33 AM

Hello CaptainX,

A few things I noticed with the latest mod:

1. Some torpedo and missile stats are wrong still, sorry [eg. F17, Exocet]. Some missiles are a little too slow, warheads are still either in kg so warhead is too small, to name a few things. If you need corrected files let me know. All the stats can come from Navweaps or Wiki.

2. Please add in STRAIGHT and LEVEL to the other torpedoes so we dont have to do it every mod update, thanks!

3. The Yasen Proj 885M can go 35 knots max, 28 knots is for it it move about silently. It also could carry a whopping 40 P800 [P700 in game] missiles [10x4]. Easy fixes.

4. Russian campaign still crashing. 68 and 84. Papa class, sink carrier group, leave battle...then blank screen with no text or buttons etc. Happens every time now. Get sunk in Yasen. Blank screen.

5. Also, CWIS came in 1980 for both the RUS and US, not in 1968 IIRC. So I guess "68" versions of vessels need to be made for Essex and the other warships...that is why they were so scared in the 60s of the SSGNs, and why Phalanx etc. were invented.

6. Please adjust the campaign selection so that only period appropriate subs are selectable? I am sure you would get no complaints from anyone, as most would want accuracy over easy [Seawolf vs Novembers all day? Where is the challenge?].

7. This is for Ramius I guess: Shouldn't the Papa class representation be the Charlie II model, since they are very similar subs. Perhaps model twin screws on a Charlie II? An Oscar is a little huge for a Papa representation no?

That is all for now thanks CaptainX.

Ramius 08-02-17 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX (Post 2504264)
Hello CaptainX,

A few things I noticed with the latest mod:

1. Some torpedo and missile stats are wrong still, sorry [eg. F17, Exocet]. Some missiles are a little too slow, warheads are still either in kg so warhead is too small, to name a few things. If you need corrected files let me know. All the stats can come from Navweaps or Wiki.

7. This is for Ramius I guess: Shouldn't the Papa class representation be the Charlie II model, since they are very similar subs. Perhaps model twin screws on a Charlie II? An Oscar is a little huge for a Papa representation no?

That is all for now thanks CaptainX.

F-17
https://puu.sh/wZMHL/2d4041cd60.png
I am have gone with the 1988 version, so the stats are CORRECT.

Exocet (SM-39)
http://weaponsystems.net/weaponsyste...%20Exocet.html
ok, the warhead is wrong rest is right.

Regading the Papa, I don't think twin screws work on models without them, hence why I had to go with the Oscar. I might play around once I get the time, but its not high on my things to do list.