SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Fixes for Updated Mission Release for ZW´s Members (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161084)

LcSummers 03-07-10 02:46 AM

Spearhead

Frinik with my pink Panzer II or Tiger I and your horrible cat spotty we will lead our friends into battle..

We two are the Speerspitze (spearhead) no enemy can kill us we are undestructible.

For our loved boss ZW, we will make him proud with our spearhead:hmmm:

LC

frinik 03-07-10 05:37 AM

Sad News

Lc I hope for your sake that Spotty does not see your post! She is not horrible but affectionate, very, very snobbish and never reproaches me when I play my sims for hours.She could be our mascot!Spottiger that sounds nice....

On a more serious note, I saw the post about Monkwarrior, the indefatigable modder, who created amongst other things the various MMP mods for Tvs T which I used.He passed away 2 weeks ago.My condolences to his family.It's a big loss for the tank simmers world.
Let's hope there 's a Walhala for tank sim lovers!

Chucky 03-07-10 06:25 AM

Sad news indeed Frinik. RIP Monkwarrior :salute:

I have a cat too,she is a 4-legged rodent killer.I should re-name her 'Tiger' perhaps.

frinik 03-07-10 07:21 AM

The Wild Cats

Chucky what his-her name?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM may be we should call ourselves the Wild Cats Battalion and make a logo of a springing or jumping cats to put on our Tiger tanks?

Chucky 03-07-10 07:41 AM

Good idea Frinik! I want one of those on my turret :up:

She has a very un-war-like name,which is Tiffany.
Doesn't look as though she's a hunter,but she is a trained killer.The German army would be proud of her!:salute:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4944/tiffo.jpg

frinik 03-07-10 11:58 AM

|Markings

She does look mean:yawn:. Ready to pounce on an unsuspecting T34.Ferocious really congrats :har:

After all aren't tigers and cats from the same family?

ZW any possibility we may have a jumping cat as our battalion markings?

Cheers

LcSummers 03-08-10 02:16 AM

MONK

Hello Kameraden

its very sad to hear those bad news what happend to monkwarrior. Its horrible to loose somebody and you really have to think about that. Even if i dont know him but such bad news will tear apart my heart.

RIP MONK we wil remind of you

LC

LcSummers 03-08-10 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1299495)
Chucky what his-her name?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM may be we should call ourselves the Wild Cats Battalion and make a logo of a springing or jumping cats to put on our Tiger tanks?

That logo would be fine but i want to have two crutches crossed below our logo like the 101st SS Panzerabteilung:rotfl2:

We could ask ZW if that would be possible for members.
The Wild Cats Battalion

LcSummers 03-08-10 02:29 AM

[QUOTE=Chucky;1299499]Good idea Frinik! I want one of those on my turret :up:

She has a very un-war-like name,which is Tiffany.
Doesn't look as though she's a hunter,but she is a trained killer.The German army would be proud of her!:salute:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4944/tiffo.jpg[/QUOTE

Hello Chucky

its a nice cat but does she has any battle damage?:haha: If so we would raise funds to sent her spare parts. She looks very deceiteful.

Maybe i have another name for our battalion.

Spottys tank brigade:hmmm:

Cheers

LC

frinik 03-08-10 04:08 AM

Name for our Battalion/platoon

Lc this is pure genious on your part " a jumping cat on top of crossed crutches "this is a wonderful and absolutely great idea!That would be an excellent an original .

By the way Lc, it's Madame Spotty not plain Spotty; she was born in one of the plushest and most exclusive barrios of Makati in Manila( Philippines) and as such she is very high bred stray cat.So I would appreciate you showing her the appropriate deference and respect her age( she is 9) and social ranking demand.Thank you:cool:!Plus if you want a more original name thne make it" Spotty's Heroes "tank battalion:dead:

Chucky; please ignore Lc's derogatory comments about Tiffany.Obviously his mind has been affected by his injury and you must forgive him.I'll post a picture of Spotty a bit later.

Cheers!

Chucky 03-08-10 04:37 AM

It's a good job ZeeWolf isn't getting dragged down with this insane talk of members cats,crutches and pink tanks! What a mix?

I would rather hope he is working hard on the Kursk mod.Maybe he has looked in and thought 'half my members are actually quite insane' :arrgh!:

On the other hand,a little mod that allowed you to place a graphic of your choice on the turret would be quite cool.
I have seen in various documentaries that the Americans/British had names on their tanks,not sure if that was allowed in the German Army?

frinik 03-08-10 07:06 AM

Markings!

Chucky, I read this weekend that soldiers of the 12th SS Panzer Hitlerjugend used to name their tanks after their girlfriends names.the Germans too would give names to their planes, guns etc.

As for dragging ZW into this insane talk hey it's him who dragged us into this in the first place with his Kursk mod and membership:D.Now he has to accept whatever comes with it:ping:

Cheers

Chucky 03-08-10 09:01 AM

Well that settles it.I want 'Tiffany' written on my tank.The enemy aren't to know it's my cats name and not my girlfriend.

I wouldn't suggest you call your tank 'Spotty' though Frinik,you may get some funny looks :rotfl2:

You guys crack me up,Chucky.

LcSummers 03-10-10 02:23 AM

Serious

[QUOTE=frinik;1301349]Lc this is pure genious on your part " a jumping cat on top of crossed crutches "this is a wonderful and absolutely great idea!That would be an excellent an original .

Hello fellow members,

you re right, lets be serious again. I want to mention two or three things.

Frinik do you think that our logo will be possible? It would be nice, i like this idea. Do you asked ZW?

Chucky, i know only one Tiger I Tank with a name on its turret. I dont know exactly i must look in my Tiger book, but i can remember that it is a tank in italy on a visit. Its name is something like TIKLI, but i have to read it in my book if you want.

Another strange thing. Do you remember my problem installing files in the TvT folder? It must be something with the game itself.
I bought Silent Hunter 5 and installed many mods. SH5 let me install folders and files without any questions or problems. This wont work with TvT. STRANGE.

Cheers

LC

frinik 03-10-10 08:28 AM

MARKINGS

Lc I haven't spoken with ZW about our logo yet as he is very busy with \kursk and I don't want to interrupt him with our little "ideas" After Kursk is released whe n his mind is less focussed I will make a drawing, submit it to you guys and once agreed ask him if he is willing to paste it on our tanks!

Chcuky are you in on this too Man?I won't name my tank by I want the crossed crutches and cat( like the Pirates Jolly Rogers flag) as our platoon markings.
CHEERS

LcSummers 03-10-10 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1305958)
Lc I haven't spoken with ZW about our logo yet as he is very busy with \kursk and I don't want to interrupt him with our little "ideas" After Kursk is released whe n his mind is less focussed I will make a drawing, submit it to you guys and once agreed ask him if he is willing to paste it on our tanks!

Chcuky are you in on this too Man?I won't name my tank by I want the crossed crutches and cat( like the Pirates Jolly Rogers flag) as our platoon markings.
CHEERS

Hi frinik,

yes, someone or you has to make drawings as i am not a talented "painter". Do you have any ideas? I mean should it be simply white or a little bit coloured as the 506th Panzerabteilung?
This would be a nice platoon marking but we have to ask the oher members if they dont like that logo but i surley put it on my tank if available.

Regards

LC

Chucky 03-10-10 12:52 PM

I've swapped my tracks for propellers for a while.Yes,I have bought Silent Hunter 5.

I may be quiet for a while,assuming the Ubi servers don't go down again.

Yes I want to name my tank.As for the logos,I would like to see some.

I will name my tank 'Get yours here,courtesy of the German Army' :har:

frinik 03-10-10 11:30 PM

Loco Logo

Lc, I'll make a drawing no worries! How about pink crossed crutches and above a jumping black and white cat(Tiffany style), a bit like the jumping greyhound(the bus company) logo.No I haven't smoked anything and unlike Chucky I don't hit the gin...:cool:

Whatchoo think?

LcSummers 03-11-10 10:35 AM

LOGO

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1307681)
Lc, I'll make a drawing no worries! How about pink crossed crutches and above a jumping black and white cat(Tiffany style), a bit like the jumping greyhound(the bus company) logo.No I haven't smoked anything and unlike Chucky I don't hit the gin...:cool:

Whatchoo think?

Frinik, when you draw your logo i will see, its a little bit hard to imagine (for me). When i see that logo then we can still talk about the colour. So my idea is that you are making two of them, one white and the other as you mentioned. Hope you like my idea

Looking forward

Thanks

LC

frinik 03-12-10 02:33 AM

Markings

Ok Lc, I'll make a couple of drafts and you can pick the one you like best!

The cats and crutches tank battalion....I like the sound of it.

Cheers