SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The all purpose terrorism thread featuring plenty of allah akbar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222852)

Oberon 11-19-15 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2359892)
Daesh it is :)

Meanwhile, Bosnia and Herzegovina, yesterday at 19:30 local time two Bosnian soldiers were killed and one wounded along with 3 more civilians wounded. The soldiers were unarmed at that moment.

The attacker, Enes Omeragić, fled to his home and blew himself up after the police special forces surrounded him.

The attacker has supposed to have been fighting in Syria and was a member of the vehabin, another extremist group.

Damn, that's unfortunate news, inevitable but still unfortunate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2359895)
I think the intel groups in France know more than they are admitting:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...risk/76036204/

I didn't see this on ABC this morning ... just found it on Fox: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/19...-terror-fears/

The French intel services knew something was up, presumably chatter had either died down or gone up, but it's very hard to pinpoint where and when such a thing is going to happen unless the co-ordination is done in a manner in which the intel services can pick it up and decode it.
It's a bit like the days before Pearl Harbor, the US knew that the Japanese were preparing something but didn't know where exactly it would come from.
The situation in the UK is similar, we've been on a high state of alert for nearly a year now, and plots have been foiled, well...so we're told anyway, but sooner or later, something is going to slip through the net.

August 11-19-15 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2359892)
Daesh it is :)

I'm sure her worshipers are very happy not to be accidentally associated with such gutter trash. :yep:

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/authors/...20Isis%202.jpg

Oberon 11-19-15 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2359917)
I'm sure her worshipers are very happy not to be accidentally associated with such gutter trash. :yep:

Indeed:

http://i.imgur.com/uQ2JrbC.jpg?1

Betonov 11-19-15 01:37 PM

I'm honestly a lot more affraid of Hydra than Daesh.

eddie 11-19-15 02:20 PM

Looks like they are adapting to the bombing campaign! Lots of tunnels and shelters found in Sinjar.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/elaborat...jar-1447895191

CaptainRamius 11-19-15 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 2359931)
Looks like they are adapting to the bombing campaign! Lots of tunnels and shelters found in Sinjar.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/elaborat...jar-1447895191

Are you saying that some of our air strikes might have been doing nothing to them? Just what we need now. Another nutty, but good, idea by ISIS.
:shucks:

mapuc 11-19-15 02:28 PM

Said by the Danish Politician Naser Khader(born in Syria)right now on Danish TV

It is a myth that we have stopped daesh-They control an area the size of Great Britain the are very near Damascus.

I'm not in doubt he know a lot more than I do, so what are we bombing ?

And furthermore are our politician talking with two tongues ?

Tongues 1. We fight daesh hard with massive bombings

Tongues 2. We have to be careful-in case daesh should win and they have the control of all the oil in the middle east=must have a "nice relationship" with daesh

Guess I'm just "talking in the sleep"

Markus

CaptainRamius 11-19-15 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2359935)
Said by the Danish Politician Naser Khader(born in Syria)right now on Danish TV

It is a myth that we have stopped daesh-They control an area the size of Great Britain the are very near Damascus.

I'm not in doubt he know a lot more than I do, so what are we bombing ?

And furthermore are our politician talking with two tongues ?

Tongues 1. We fight daesh hard with massive bombings

Tongues 2. We have to be careful-in case daesh should win and they have the control of all the oil in the middle east=must have a "nice relationship" with daesh

Guess I'm just "talking in the sleep"

Markus

I think it would be better for humanity if we didn't go with the latter :D

mapuc 11-19-15 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2359938)
I think it would be better for humanity if we didn't go with the latter :D

I can't be the only one who, after have watch lots and lots of news throughout the years and read lots and lots of news paper throughout the years and heard lots and lots of Politicians and expert saying this and that throughout the years and of course read many of your brilliant posting, been thinking

Are we really fighting daesh or not ?

Markus

Betonov 11-19-15 02:39 PM

What about napalm or thermobaric bombs at tunnel entrances.
To suck oxygen out of the systems ??

CaptainRamius 11-19-15 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2359939)
I can't be the only one who, after have watch lots and lots of news throughout the years and read lots and lots of news paper throughout the years and heard lots and lots of Politicians and expert saying this and that throughout the years and of course many of your brilliant posting, been thinking

Are we really fighting daesh or not ?

Markus

We aren't, our missiles are :D
In the end, ISIS will definitely lose. That's foreseeable. With France, the US, and now Russia fighting, I have no doubt that we'll win. Question is: how big will the losses be?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2359940)
What about napalm or thermobaric bombs at tunnel entrances.
To suck oxygen out of the systems ??

That'd be way to brutal. Well, then again....

Betonov 11-19-15 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2359942)
That'd be way to brutal. Well, then again....

There's also sending packages filled with a millon bullet ants. They'll flood the tunnels to escape the heat.

Oberon 11-19-15 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2359945)
There's also sending packages filled with a millon bullet ants. They'll flood the tunnels to escape the heat.

Got to collect the buggers first.
Napalm and Thermobaric bombs might work, but you'd need to get all the entrances at the same time or it'll just draw air through the tunnel rather than sucking it all out.
Another option would be to use bunker busters or earthquake bombs to collapse the tunnels. Bury them alive... :yep:

EDIT: The GBU-57A/B would do the job, but they cost around three million dollars each and only the B2 and B52 can take it since it weighs about 14 metric tons.

CaptainRamius 11-19-15 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2359947)
Napalm and Thermobaric bombs might work, but you'd need to get all the entrances at the same time or it'll just draw air through the tunnel rather than sucking it all out.
Another option would be to use bunker busters or earthquake bombs to collapse the tunnels. Bury them alive... :yep:

Or, you can just, ya'know, storm in there and shoot them all. Considering they haven't ran away to escape the bullet ants and thermonaric bombs. :D

mapuc 11-19-15 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2359941)
We aren't, our missiles are :D
In the end, ISIS will definitely lose. That's foreseeable. With France, the US, and now Russia fighting, I have no doubt that we'll win. Question is: how big will the losses be?

It's still a human finger to press the button to send this "missiles" away

As mentioned before or as this Naser Khader said

It is a myth we have stopped them, they control an area big as Great Britain he also said they are marching on

Said by an Middle east expert on Swedish TV some years ago

Despite our daily bombing daesh have gained control over more areas

All this have made me think-Are we fighting daesh or not or are we not doing it good enough ?

Markus

CaptainRamius 11-19-15 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2359950)
It's still a human finger to press the button to send this "missiles" away

As mentioned before or as this Naser Khader said

It is a myth we have stopped them, they control an area big as Great Britain he also said they are marching on

Said by an Middle east expert on Swedish TV some years ago

Despite our daily bombing daesh have gained control over more areas

All this have made me think-Are we fighting daesh or not or are we not doing it good enough ?

Markus

That's true. If ISIS controls an area as big as Great Britain, we will have a pretty hard time stopping them. But, in the end, I think NATO will come out on top. Or in Russia's case (not part of NATO) just Russia.

mapuc 11-19-15 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2359951)
That's true. If ISIS controls an area as big as Great Britain, we will have a pretty hard time stopping them. But, in the end, I think NATO will come out on top. Or in Russia's case (not part of NATO) just Russia.

Those who are really fighting daesh is the Kurds and some other groups(forgot the name of these)

Of course are we hitting things belonging to daesh, but it is the soldiers we have to get.

Markus

Betonov 11-19-15 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2359947)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2359949)
Or, you can just, ya'know, storm in there and shoot them all. Considering they haven't ran away to escape the bullet ants and thermonaric bombs. :D

The best idea would be a ground attack and when they hide inside the tunnels just light up bonfires at entrances. Oxygen runs out and nothing else since they'd have to make a sortie trough fire.
Poetic justice, my ancestors lit bonfires to alert the population that the Turks are raiding :)

Oberon 11-19-15 03:11 PM

Actually Daesh are on the retreat at the moment, the Syrian army Kuweires offensive has recaptured the airfield there which has been in Daesh hands for three years. Aleppo is still in the balance, but Daesh are not having the walkover they were hoping there, they haven't been able to close the pocket on the Syrian army yet. Taking the opportunity of having Daesh focused on Aleppo, the Syrian army launched an offensive to the south of Aleppo focusing on cutting the M5 motorway supply route into the city. The Iranians have done well with this, and so far they've cut pretty deeply into Daesh territory.

Meanwhile in Iraq, Kurdish forces have taken Sinjar from Daesh who captured it in August last year. Peshmerga forces have also repelled an infiltration attempt near the al-Kask region on Monday, and yesterday a Daesh offensive near Ramadi was repelled by the Anbar Operations Command.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...#November_2015

Daesh aren't having it all their own way, but because we're not having these massive breakthroughs and blitzkriegs that we in the western world are used to seeing, and also because we're not heavily involved on the ground (officially) it doesn't make the headlines so much.

Betonov 11-19-15 03:24 PM

Too bad victories don't sell as much as fear.
Not a word on this in media.