SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   COVID-19 Vaccination: Post here if you have gotten the vaccination (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247850)

Jeff-Groves 12-23-21 02:40 PM

With the 6 month wait I won't get the Booster until April!

They need to setup stations in a Bar.
That way you can get a Shot and a Beer chaser!
:har:

Subnuts 12-30-21 11:12 PM

Got my Moderna booster at noon on Tuesday. Upper right arm is still a little bit sore, but that might be from the several hundred shopping carts I push every day at work. :hmmm:

Commander Wallace 12-31-21 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2784412)
With the 6 month wait I won't get the Booster until April!

They need to setup stations in a Bar.
That way you can get a Shot and a Beer chaser!

:yep::haha:

Buddahaid 01-07-22 08:37 PM

Got my booster shot of Moderna yesterday. It gave me a sore shoulder which I still have and today I feel run down.

The x-ray vision is a bit surprising...

u crank 01-07-22 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2786798)

:yep:

Commander Wallace 01-07-22 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 2786798)
Got my booster shot of Moderna yesterday. It gave me a sore shoulder which I still have and today I feel run down.

You're lucky. While getting my shot, a spider got zapped with the x-ray machine and bit me. Instead of gaining spider man powers, I just got sick. :doh:

Rhodes 01-27-22 07:12 AM

Got today my third jab, 2nd booster.

Now I have 10G in my arm!:D

Arlo 02-02-22 07:31 PM

Booster and flu shot today.
:shucks:

nikimcbee 02-02-22 10:35 PM

Pfeizer, no booster. I have covid right now. Just a mild cold for me, but 5 days off work.:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Cheers:

August 02-04-22 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 2791492)
Pfeizer, no booster. I have covid right now. Just a mild cold for me, but 5 days off work.:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Cheers:

Once you get over it you'll have much better protection than any vaccine booster.

Skybird 02-04-22 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 2791492)

Get well, isolate and after recovery wait some time before boostering - but booster when the time has come. Do not think the mild form of Covid gives you immunity like from a 2+1 vaccination, it has been shown to be wrong. Comparable immunity seems to be possible only if surviving a relatively intense and threatening case of the desease, and I would wish nobody to need to go that way. Post-mild-covid immunity does not compare to protection from vaccines. Mild desease - mild immunity, that simple it is. The protection also fades much faster over time.

nikimcbee 02-05-22 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2791800)
Once you get over it you'll have much better protection than any vaccine booster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2791808)
Get well, isolate and after recovery wait some time before boostering - but booster when the time has come. Do not think the mild form of Covid gives you immunity like from a 2+1 vaccination, it has been shown to be wrong. Comparable immunity seems to be possible only if surviving a relatively intense and threatening case of the desease, and I would wish nobody to need to go that way. Post-mild-covid immunity does not compare to protection from vaccines. Mild desease - mild immunity, that simple it is. The protection also fades much faster over time.

Thank-you. I just have the left over, dry cough. Going to test tomorrow, then back to work on Sunday.

Aktungbby 05-18-22 04:13 PM

Just got my 2nd booster(moderna: 4 Covid jabs total to date) and a shingles vaccine in separate shoulders...yesteday. A second shingle jab is due within 6 mos. The shingle'd shoulder is achy; but not hindering yard work.

Platapus 05-19-22 04:16 PM

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...X._SY._UY_.png

ET2SN 05-20-22 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2809271)
Just got my 2nd booster(moderna: 4 Covid jabs total to date) and a shingles vaccine in separate shoulders...yesteday. A second shingle jab is due within 6 mos. The shingle'd shoulder is achy; but not hindering yard work.

I'm with you on everything but the yard work. :O:

The Shingles shot seems to be very popular in North America, were you getting spiked at the VA? :hmmm:

I still have an achy shoulder from my first Moderna booster (shot number 3), I'm pretty sure the nurse hit a nerve or a tendon directly. :doh: