SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   who is still playing sh4? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=214602)

thegrindre 02-12-15 04:34 PM

I'm playing it. :up: I just bought SH4 Gold a week ago and I'm pretty excited about it. :yeah:
I have GFO installed. It's like an upgrade to v1.6.
I'm still in sub school right now, though.

:)

fender2610 02-13-15 03:05 AM

I play

I am terrible at it (any and all realism settings), but I still play anyway. SH4 by the way. Also, I have SH3 and SH5, but haven't tried those out yet.

ssjtoma 02-15-15 01:42 PM

Me and just playing with one mod....don't remember what its called lol, but its the increase in the torp's exploder by 20% other then that nothing but the game and me.

GenMarkof007 02-26-15 03:59 PM

Ahoy all,

I've just started to play SH4 + SH4 Wolves of the Pacific (v.1.5)....
After viewing many YT SH4 videos, I got some great advice from old SH3 and SH4 players that told me that SH4 had some great MODs that would give me some great REAL WWII sub sim action.

So after doing a first patrol in vanilla and getting my hand on some of the main SH4 command with a WWII sub, I did what most of you (after reading almost all the replies) did... got myself this incredible MOD ( 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 ) - a big thx to Ducimus for this mod!!!

The learning curve is really big for a noob, but what an incredible feeling sinking a 11 000 pound oil tanker for my first merchant kill! ;)

I'm now trying for the first time the RSRD and OM MODs for a U-Boat experience near Great Britain (Atlantic Area). At this time, those mods are great... but got just one question for the old SH4 players, do you know if I can get the same (no color for ships) like in TMO. I think that this option makes it more real for me. You need to get more information before setting up for a torpedo kill.

My List of MOD for now. Feel free to give your best mod to add with TMO or OM!

- 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
- RSRD_SH15_V550
- RSRD_ V5xx_Patch1
- OpsMonsun_V705
- OMv705_to_V720
- OMV720_Patch5
- OMEGU_V300_pkg
- OMEGU_V300_Patch7

note: if you have a mod or tool to add insignia to the U-Boat sub tower, plz send me the links or info...would love to add this to my U-51! ;)

Cheers
from Capt. GenMarkof007 near Great Britain (radio silence)

:arrgh!:

james_nix 02-26-15 04:31 PM

I just started playing and it's my passion now. I'm reading, watching videos, modding, but actually not doing too much playing yet. I play a little, then read or change something, play a little longer, etc. but I think I have a grasp on everything and have everything tweaked just right to be satisfied.

I'm playing with RFB with all realism, except for the cameras. I don't use them to cheat, I just love getting that cinematic view! It really looks beautiful for such an older game.

I wish they had a game like this for a B-17. Yes, I know of that older one, but I cant get over the bad graphics on that one. :shifty:

Warren Peace 02-26-15 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenMarkof007 (Post 2291504)
Ahoy all,

I've just started to play SH4 + SH4 Wolves of the Pacific (v.1.5)....
After viewing many YT SH4 videos, I got some great advice from old SH3 and SH4 players that told me that SH4 had some great MODs that would give me some great REAL WWII sub sim action.

So after doing a first patrol in vanilla and getting my hand on some of the main SH4 command with a WWII sub, I did what most of you (after reading almost all the replies) did... got myself this incredible MOD ( 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 ) - a big thx to Ducimus for this mod!!!

The learning curve is really big for a noob, but what an incredible feeling sinking a 11 000 pound oil tanker for my first merchant kill! ;)

I'm now trying for the first time the RSRD and OM MODs for a U-Boat experience near Great Britain (Atlantic Area). At this time, those mods are great... but got just one question for the old SH4 players, do you know if I can get the same (no color for ships) like in TMO. I think that this option makes it more real for me. You need to get more information before setting up for a torpedo kill.

My List of MOD for now. Feel free to give your best mod to add with TMO or OM!

- 1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
- RSRD_SH15_V550
- RSRD_ V5xx_Patch1
- OpsMonsun_V705
- OMv705_to_V720
- OMV720_Patch5
- OMEGU_V300_pkg
- OMEGU_V300_Patch7

note: if you have a mod or tool to add insignia to the U-Boat sub tower, plz send me the links or info...would love to add this to my U-51! ;)

Cheers
from Capt. GenMarkof007 near Great Britain (radio silence)

OpsMonsun makes all contacts Gray, and should also include U-Boat markings for the Turmumbau (conning tower), which can be done in-port in the U-boat upgrade screen.

What's happening is your mod-order. TMO and OM DO NOT play well together.

You have 2 options: Drop one of them, or use MultiSH4 (I'd recommend MultiSH4).

GenMarkof007 02-27-15 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Peace (Post 2291627)
OpsMonsun makes all contacts Gray, and should also include U-Boat markings for the Turmumbau (conning tower), which can be done in-port in the U-boat upgrade screen.

What's happening is your mod-order. TMO and OM DO NOT play well together.

You have 2 options: Drop one of them, or use MultiSH4 (I'd recommend MultiSH4).

Hi Warren Peace,

Thx for the follow up.
My list should have been cut in two... TMO is one, and the rest of the mods are for OM with RSRD. Also, I know my error for the grey contacts, the folder of OMEGU was a package, so after placing only the OMEGU folder in the MOD folder, I got to try the real OM U-Boat MOD (with my very own insignia for my U-56!

For my first patrol, i'm moving from the KIEL Port to the coast of Portsmouth...
But at this time, I'm presently stop in the middle of the channel with 3 British corvettes looking for me with lights on! It's been more than 3 hours, I'll be waiting for night time to move out of this area. ;(

Cheers
GenMarkof007 (in silence mode)

Warren Peace 02-27-15 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenMarkof007 (Post 2291628)
Hi Warren Peace,

Thx for the follow up.
My list should have been cut in two... TMO is one, and the rest of the mods are for OM with RSRD. Also, I know my error for the grey contacts, the folder of OMEGU was a package, so after placing only the OMEGU folder in the MOD folder, I got to try the real OM U-Boat MOD (with my very own insignia for my U-56!

For my first patrol, i'm moving from the KIEL Port to the coast of Portsmouth...
But at this time, I'm presently stop in the middle of the channel with 3 British corvettes looking for me with lights on! It's been more than 3 hours, I'll be waiting for night time to move out of this area. ;(

Cheers
GenMarkof007 (in silence mode)

Bahah! I did the exact same thing with something back when I ran RFB/RSRDC. Could not figure out why the UI didn't look anything close to what it should have been... took me 6 hours to realize where I'd screwed up. Good day...

Eichhörnchen 02-28-15 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdiddy (Post 2276106)
I think most people running average new computers (not bought specifically for gaming) are still barely able to get into SH5. I may be way of base here, but I think that's one of the reasons for poor sales (not often mentioned) and the move to browser-based gaming by the industry at-large.

I agree, especially with the last part.

weetoots 03-02-15 01:52 PM

How to change SH4 Wolves Pacific

I just dug this game back out. I remembered a lot but how do I change depth, meters to feet. One place I read you have to change it in the office, Options. I can't find it there.

I know one of you will provide me with the answer.

TIA

thegrindre 03-02-15 04:05 PM

It's in the graphics options over on the right, third column. You have three choices, Imperial, Metric or Authentic.

:)

ReallyDedPoet 03-02-15 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetoots (Post 2292928)
I just dug this game back out. I remembered a lot but how do I change depth, meters to feet. One place I read you have to change it in the office, Options. I can't find it there.

TIA

Nice to see you re-surface, welcome back :sunny:

Jimbuna 03-02-15 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weetoots (Post 2292928)

TIA

Welcome back to the surface :sunny:

Herr Eeguy 06-03-15 07:33 AM

Back for another SH4 excusion

It's been well over a year since I've played and visited the forums, I'm glad that they are still active, albeit with less traffic, which is understandable for such an "old" game. My old computer died, hard drive failure :wah: and now I have a Win 7 system, still "old" too because I see that Win 10 is coming out soon, which is good enough for me now :) Currently the game is pure vanilla with the 1.4 mod. I just started my 1st patrol and am closing in on the Honshu patrol area, no contacts yet. Because I am an older player, turning 65 in October, I tend to forget things (lol) so all of this leads to 2 questions. What is the patrol area radius, my mind tells me it's 30 miles or so, and what is the minimum time that is needed to remain there??

Good to be back, for how long who knows, but I'm excited right now!!:salute: Good luck to you guys too!! Herr Eeguy (yeah I know that this is a German name-ish but it's a good, funny one mainly because I'm bald!!)

Michel78 06-03-15 09:50 AM

@Herr Eeguy : The patrol radius is 50 miles as far as I know and you have to stay there for 48 hours.