SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   RAOBF (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178545)

Trevally. 01-09-11 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toniloCoyote (Post 1570454)
Yesterday I fell asleep without notice, and my computer stayed on. I slept over 12 hours. I needed that.

Congratulations for your work. This must have been colossal.
I'll download it immediately. Now you still have to update your tutorials :know:, or are them valid as they are now?

I should do a new pic set to show how to use RAOBF after we get the RM updated:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laconic (Post 1570456)
Great work. Do the new mast values affect stadimeter readings at all, or is it just a matter of finding the "new" tip-o'-the-masts?

Yes It will affect it. It should be more accurate. Big thanks to toniloCoyote for this:yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1570462)
I don't understand how to interpret the readings for mastheight, draft, and length. What am I supposed to do with each one? Update the ship's .cfg file with each value or :06:

Yes I thinks so (same as you did with some of the ships length). Is this something we could do for you TDW and send as JSGME:06:

:damn: I have noticed I have done something wrong with the Uzo for 8:5
Must have saved as wrong one or something:o. This could have a knock on effect and others may be wrong:damn:

Please watch for this anyone using.

toniloCoyote 01-09-11 11:22 AM

Hello, TDW.

Sorry, I don't know how the fix of measures should fit into your mod, ie I do not know how they affect your modules (neither if you only have to change the files. cfg, or any additional mechanism too), but you can delegate on me any hard work on this issue, if you're too overloaded. (If so, send me instructions).

TheDarkWraith 01-09-11 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toniloCoyote (Post 1570485)
Hello, TDW.

Sorry, I don't know how the fix of measures should fit into your mod, ie I do not know how they affect your modules (neither if you only have to change the files. cfg, or any additional mechanism too), but you can delegate on me any hard work on this issue, if you're too overloaded. (If so, send me instructions).

Just tell me how to interpret the findings in the .xls file and what I need to do with them.

toniloCoyote 01-09-11 11:41 AM

@ TheDarkWraith:

Inside xls file there are 2 worksheets. The first of them ("Ships Dimensions")is the only needed.
In this sheet there are only 4 needed columns:
Ship Folder, Len, Draft, MastHeight.

There you have all the stock boats with their measures and the exact name of their file folder.
I regret not having more knowledge of what should be done with such data, except for modifying the .cfg files. I can make myself this task, if you want.

harag 01-09-11 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1570402)
I have finished MRP sclaes for RAOBF.
Both scope fixes can be found here:-

http://www.filefront.com/17770359/scope RAOBF for both.7z

They are not JSGME ready - files only.

Also here is the corrections for making the RM correct for Mastheight, Draft (this will help with mag detonators) and Length-
From toniloCoyote

@TDW
Can these be added to your UI:06:

Good news, well done Tev. Now have I got the right files installed to use these? I have the below mods installed:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Gramaphone_One
Gramaphone_Two
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_1
Trevally TDC Checker
Periscopes by Torpedo
ArcLight_MRP 16x9 patch
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope

Periscopes by Torpedo - Prefer the big scopes :)
ArcLight_MRP 16x9 patch - this is just a cameras.dat file

NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope

For the above RAOBF mod, I've simply overwritted his 3 files with yours in the link above - is this correct?

Cheers

Trevally. 01-09-11 11:46 AM

The following need updating in the SOAN and RM

Length - for AOB finding
Draft - for setting mag torp depth
Mastheight - for range finding

These are now the true sizes that you see and can measure in the game.

Trevally. 01-09-11 11:49 AM

Quote:

For the above RAOBF mod, I've simply overwritted his 3 files with yours in the link above - is this correct?

Yes the 3 DDS files go here - \data\Menu\Gui\Layout:up:

makman94 01-09-11 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1570487)
Just tell me how to interpret the findings in the .xls file and what I need to do with them.

hi TDW,

the game 'reads' AND USING the mast and draft values that are written in ships's cfg files . so,definetely ,you have to import the mast and draft values to cfg files.stadimeter also is 'taking' this value(from .cfg) in account so will show the correct results for range.and the plate for the draft of ship will show the correct draft

about the ships's length there are two possible (afaik) workarounds:
1. either will edit the ships's cfgs (again) and REPLACE the speed values there (this is a totally unusefull info) with the lengths so when user open the rec manual will read the ship's length at the speed's place
or
2. write directly ,with a graphic programm ,the ship's length on the .SIL of each ship

suggestion: create two versions for the rec manual ... a deadly accurate one and an about 5-10% ''messed'' one for giving the feeling of uncertaincy to the player

@Trevally : i hope that you checked at each version of your scales that '10' is always matched with 5,71 (because ,not only about the resolutions, emtguf and arclight are using different angular angles at their mods than the TDW's stock angular angle and zooms)

@ToniloCoyote : about the some ships that had draught=0 : suggestion: you could use (only for these few ships) the photo method 'trick' to get their true mast value and then you can find their draft values .... (real draft) = (total height of 3d model) - (real mast)

Trevally. 01-09-11 02:35 PM

Quote:

@Trevally : i hope that you checked at each version of your scales that '10' is always matched with 5,71 (because ,not only about the resolutions, emtguf and arclight are using different angular angles at their mods than the TDW's stock angular angle and zooms)
I was using screen shots with only scales and 5.71 marked (no ships;))

I am sure the are all correct for the obs and attack scopes. I may have made an error with the uzo scopes:damn:
I am looking for anyone wanting to help by testing this with your screen size that you use.

This little pack contains:-

A file for any scope at any size - ready to install (no patching required)
Some test missions
List of ship lengths and mastheights

*link removed*

Thanks everyone:up:

toniloCoyote 01-09-11 02:39 PM

@ Makman:

Thanks for your help again.
I have managed to open ship files with 3DS Max and now I can measure with total accuracy every part of models, but in anyway, I've ever had in mind your tip since you told it to us.

I don't understand where is the trouble with lengths as .cfg files include a field for it. Must this measure be hardcoded in any other place?

makman94 01-09-11 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1570599)
I was using screen shots with only scales and 5.71 marked (no ships;))

I am sure the are all correct for the obs and attack scopes. I may have made an error with the uzo scopes:damn:
I am looking for anyone wanting to help by testing this with your screen size that you use.

This little pack contains:-

A file for any scope at any size - ready to install (no patching required)
Some test missions
List of ship lengths and mastheights

http://www.filefront.com/17771609/Sc...sting_pack.7z/

Thanks everyone:up:

ok i will test for the 1280 x 960 and i will tell you . forget the uzo ....it is a different story . don't make anything there and i suggest to TDW to remove the aobf from uzo page (there was no aobf at uzo anyway...was only for bearing readings)

makman94 01-09-11 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toniloCoyote (Post 1570603)
@ Makman:

Thanks for your help again.
I have managed to open ship files with 3DS Max and now I can measure with total accuracy every part of models, but in anyway, I've ever had in mind your tip since you told it to us.

I don't understand where is the trouble with lengths as .cfg files include a field for it. Must this measure be hardcoded in any other place?

aa ok then with it ! :up: (draft values)

the 'problem' with lengths is that (I THINK) not showing on rec manual but the player can see the ships's speeds . isn't it like this ? will see it again

Trevally. 01-09-11 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 1570606)
ok i will test for the 1280 x 960 and i will tell you . forget the uzo ....it is a different story . don't make anything there and i suggest to TDW to remove the aobf from uzo page (there was no aobf at uzo anyway...was only for bearing readings)

:salute: now that would save a lot of trouble:up:

It could only be used with a tick in stable view in options - so it did feel wrong. Without stable view it was impossible.

Trevally. 01-09-11 03:15 PM

I am making a little mod to help people test.

It will display the correct range and AOB of any ship you are locked onto.

Uploading shortly.

toniloCoyote 01-09-11 03:59 PM

Warning: small mistakes in the Dimensions list.

Warning: small mistakes in the measurements.

Recently I have managed to open the SH5 ships' 3D models in my modeling program (3DS max).
The measures I have taken to date, with which I've made the list, were observed with the "Granny Viewer", from the company that owns the graphical format used by SH5.

Well, now that I have done a much more exhaustive measurements through my modeling program, I have found and confirmed a bug in "Granny Viewer" that distorts the measures displayed by it.

Although the errors discovered so far are no more than 9 cm. for the length of the ship or 30 cm. for the height of the mast, you need to know it.
I would like the final measurements were very accurate and, therefore, will need to modify the list as soon as I end with assisting in the grids testing. I will let TheDarkWraith to know that the list will be modified.

As an example, the NAMC_Penguin ship differences:

Measures in the current list, in meters:

Length = 156.189 (Correct = 156.103)
Height = 43.98 (Correct = 43.66)
Draft = 8.7 (Correct = 8.67)
Mast Heigth = 35.28 (Correct = 34.99)
:damn: