SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2007 Subsim Almanac: The Book about your website (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=100080)

BladeHeart 02-24-07 12:03 PM

My copy turned up today in the post today, here in the UK.

Not signed as requested as it was despatched before Neal checked his PM.

Arrived in perfect condition and has a sound professional finish to it.

Captain Nemo 02-27-07 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladeHeart
My copy turned up today in the post today, here in the UK.

Not signed as requested as it was despatched before Neal checked his PM.

Arrived in perfect condition and has a sound professional finish to it.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive here in London, been looking forward to it for weeks, I hope it hasn't gone astray.

Nemo

Onkel Neal 02-27-07 01:24 PM

Surface mail to Europe can take between 3~6 weeks. Usually around 3~4 weeks, by my experience.

Dan D 02-27-07 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Frankly, selling the book directly through Subsim is 50% more profitable, because retailers like Amazon take 45% right off the cover price.

I see. Watch out for the postman. You may receive a parcel soon.

Kresge 02-27-07 06:17 PM

All I can say is, "Wow!" You really put together a great book Neal. I hadn't really paid much attention tot he details since I knew I wanted to buy a copy as soon as I heard about the book. I have been expecting some sort of spiral bound book of fifty or so pages to arrive in the mail. However, i was stunned today when I tored open the box to reveal a beautiful paperback of 364 pages! Well done my man!

Neal, you must be one of the very few, if there are any others, who would not only put so much dedication into running a website but also remembering to appreciate their members as part of one giant family. Thanks for taking the time out of your life, and the lives of your family members, to put together such a wonderful almanac for all of us. We're lucky to have you!

p.s. Until I checked the mail today I had been dreading serving jury duty and possibility of having to spend a whole day just sitting around if I don't get picked. Now I'm really hoping for that same excuse to sit around and read my new almanac all day!

Bertgang 02-28-07 05:55 AM

Mailman sunk, for me.
Despite a nice mail from Neal, my copy is about one month late.
What to say? I'm becoming very unhappy :damn:

Kapitan 02-28-07 10:15 AM

I pad for mine mid january still no book :(

Onkel Neal 02-28-07 04:58 PM

The books began shipping Feb 8, so don't give up the ship :ping:

Skweetis 03-04-07 03:29 AM

The only complaint that I have is that Neal didn't hand deliver it to my house.

Instead I got an ornery mailman complaining about -20'C weather.

STEED 03-04-07 09:27 AM

Got my one last Friday and I am just over one third the way through it and enjoying it.

Neal, bit busy this coming week slight delay on my review but I will post one.

kiwi_2005 03-11-07 10:58 AM

How do i go about buying this book, ive heard about the paypal but never used it, i only buy online from a NZ auction site, so wont use amazon etc.,.

What i thought i do is find out the price of the book then i go in my bank and get a money order or check or whateva you call it so when subsim get it the money/check it will be in american currency. Does that sound right?

I will be sending by airmail.

Whats the price so i can tell bank

Whats the postal address to subsim.

Thanks

Onkel Neal 03-11-07 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005
How do i go about buying this book, ive heard about the paypal but never used it, i only buy online from a NZ auction site, so wont use amazon etc.,.

What i thought i do is find out the price of the book then i go in my bank and get a money order or check or whateva you call it so when subsim get it the money/check it will be in american currency. Does that sound right?

Thanks

Thanks for your interest, mate.
Ordering details here

Paypal is the #1 online transaction system, as long as you have a valid credit card, or bank account, you can sign up for an account and do business. If you prefer, you can send a US Money order or American Express traveler's check from you local bank. If you use local currency or money orders, it costs me an extra $12 to process it.

You can also wrap US cash in a couple sheets of paper mail it.

thanks!
Neal

kiwi_2005 03-11-07 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005

Thanks

Thanks for your interest, mate.
Ordering details here

Paypal is the #1 online transaction system, as long as you have a valid credit card, or bank account, you can sign up for an account and do business. If you prefer, you can send a US Money order or American Express traveler's check from you local bank. If you use local currency or money orders, it costs me an extra $12 to process it.

You can also wrap US cash in a couple sheets of paper mail it.

thanks!
Neal

Thanks Neal

Captain Nemo 03-20-07 05:14 AM

Anyone else in the UK still waiting for their's to arrive from the batch sent out on 8 Feb? I'm just a little concerned that mine has still not arrived yet.

Nemo

Onkel Neal 03-20-07 10:30 PM

Hi Nemo, if you ordered shipping by surface, it can take 6-8 weeks. Hopefully Downly did not torpedo the mail ship again. E-mail me with your name and I will check the list to make sure I did not screw up and lose your order,
'
'thanks!
Neal