SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] M.E.P v5 ( ManosEnvironmentPro -version5 ) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204929)

Hitman 09-22-13 02:28 PM

Quote:

no Alberto ,
the solution must be credited to Phillip Thomsen!
story is like this, long time ago someone had told me that the issue is not happening in Thomsen's water and indead that is true. i was trying to see why in PT's mod the issue was cleared and i came to the conclusion that i had to use his waves if i wanted to get rid of the issue. the 'problem' for me was that i found PT's waves very 'unnormal' for my tastes so i let it go back then.
later i noticed ( http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=52 ) that ''...the issue is happening on the big changes of weather...'' and i remembered PT's mod again so i went back and start digging in his waves settings and....bingo !
in PT's mod all values in LargeWavesArmonics are the same and thats exactly the trick !

by setting to all LargeWavesArmonics values (situations [0],[1],[2]) the same value as in the large waves (in situation [3]) the polygon effect is gone once and for all !
Excellent reverse-engineering Manos :up:

OLC once commented on some things he fixed thanks to the patches parameter, and hence the question. :hmm2:

Looking forward to MEP 4.2, as the saying goes at least for me "don't sail out without it" :arrgh!:

nfitzsimmons 09-23-13 12:23 PM

Just read the whole thread, and maybe I missed it. To clarify, is this mod compatible with GWX 3.0 Gold, and if it is, in what order should it be installed?

Thanks.

SnipersHunter 09-23-13 12:43 PM

Just installed it looking great

makman94 09-23-13 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGN1 (Post 2117948)
Thanks for your reply, Manos :up:

Just to be sure:

The setting is in scene.dat -> Node-Sky -> EnvSim -> Wind -> WavesProperties.

In the stock version the first two settings ([0][1]) have a value of LargeWavesArmonics=3, the other two ([2][3]) LargeWavesArmonics=1. All of these should have the same value.

Do you have recommendation for this value?

Regards, LGN1

hi LGN1,

look the LargeWavesArmonics value that your enviro is using at the situation [3] (thats the biggest waves) and set the same value to all other situations .
at the stock ,that you discribed above, make all LargeWavesArmonics=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2117991)
Excellent reverse-engineering Manos :up:

OLC once commented on some things he fixed thanks to the patches parameter, and hence the question. :hmm2:

Looking forward to MEP 4.2, as the saying goes at least for me "don't sail out without it" :arrgh!:

you can't imagine how many hours i had spent looking for a solution of this ugly issue Alberto ( enviros ,especially the ones that are using big contrasts between sea colors and reflection colors, look very crappy when the issue appears) and now that i see that the solution was so simple and ...simply in front on my eyes all these years i just feel very .... dissapointed !
anyway, better late than ...never you may say and i will fully agree :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfitzsimmons (Post 2118316)
Just read the whole thread, and maybe I missed it. To clarify, is this mod compatible with GWX 3.0 Gold, and if it is, in what order should it be installed?

Thanks.

hi Nfitzsimmons,

read the installation notes that are included in the mod

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2118324)
Just installed it looking great

thank you SnipersHunter, enjoy :up:

DragonRider 09-23-13 03:09 PM

Really Great find well done :yep:

Tupolev 09-24-13 06:02 PM

Gotta say Manos, I love this environment.

I'm a little confused with the waves fix you reverse-engineered...

Is this going to be an update you'll put out or is this something we can fix ourselves with S3D?

I know you're super busy, just looking for a little clarification..

T

Arpadiam 09-25-13 09:57 PM

Sorry if this was asked before, but i really do love to use your mod but the bad part is that i dont have a powerful pc so the mod run at 25 fps

is there any way to have a version with all that the mod bring but with 10km or a bit less?, or maybe the help to modify the distance just a bit to adjust it to have a good visual with a nice fps

regards

makman94 09-26-13 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tupolev (Post 2118851)
Gotta say Manos, I love this environment.

I'm a little confused with the waves fix you reverse-engineered...

Is this going to be an update you'll put out or is this something we can fix ourselves with S3D?

I know you're super busy, just looking for a little clarification..

T

hi Tupolev ,

i will release an update for MEP v4.2 to v4.3 importing the above finding.

i just gave the 'fix' in order everybody to be able to import it in his enviro so ,if you can't wait for MEP's update , you can try to import it by yourself in MEP's scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpadiam (Post 2119294)
Sorry if this was asked before, but i really do love to use your mod but the bad part is that i dont have a powerful pc so the mod run at 25 fps

is there any way to have a version with all that the mod bring but with 10km or a bit less?, or maybe the help to modify the distance just a bit to adjust it to have a good visual with a nice fps

regards

hello Arpadiam,

you just remind me that i had to make a 16km version of MEP v4 and i will do so when i get some time-will but i am afraid that you will not see big difference in your FPS even with the 16km version installed.

do this: download from my mediafire page (look at signature) the MEP v2.1
this is a 16 km enviro,install it and tell me your FPS with it. do you see any ''improvement'' ?

Tupolev 09-26-13 05:34 PM

Thanks Manos!

Made the appropriate changes and the environment looks better than ever!

Txema 09-27-13 06:01 AM

This mod looks very nice !!

Does it work in WideScreen resolution?? Is it possible to change the screen resolution while using it?? How??

Txema

makman94 09-27-13 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tupolev (Post 2119620)
Thanks Manos!

Made the appropriate changes and the environment looks better than ever!

:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txema (Post 2119775)
This mod looks very nice !!

Does it work in WideScreen resolution?? Is it possible to change the screen resolution while using it?? How??

Txema

Hi Txema ,
i am not an expert to tell you how to change your screen resolution ( guess this must be setted in your monitor settings - i am running the game at 1680x1050 and at 1600x900) but i can tell you that the mod works to whatever resolution you may set your monitor

NGT 09-27-13 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 2117754)
hello there LGN1 ,

....in PT's mod all values in LargeWavesArmonics are the same and thats exactly the trick !

by setting to all LargeWavesArmonics values (situations [0],[1],[2]) the same value as in the large waves (in situation [3]) the polygon effect is gone once and for all !

Thank you very much Makman for sharing useful (technical) information with us!:Kaleun_Applaud:
Thank you also for preparing a 16 km environment.
Grate work as usual from you!:Kaleun_Cheers:

makman94 10-07-13 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGT (Post 2119971)
Thank you very much Makman for sharing useful (technical) information with us!:Kaleun_Applaud:
Thank you also for preparing a 16 km environment.
Grate work as usual from you!:Kaleun_Cheers:

thank you my old friend !

enjoy :Kaleun_Cheers:

makman94 10-07-13 06:25 AM

M.E.P v4.3 is out !

hello guys,

the Update M.E.P v4.2 to v4.3 is uploaded to my mediafire page.

first post is updated too

@Alberto: please change the title of the thread to ''[REL] M.E.P v4.3 ( ManosEnvironmentPro -version 4.3 )''

Hitman 10-07-13 09:45 AM

:up: