SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Operation Monsun Environmentally & Graphics Upgrade v300 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158764)

Salvadoreno 04-18-10 06:08 PM

Wait you suggesting downloading from filefront and not subsim? Corrupted dl maybe since it never works for my comp and freezeS? mmm perhaaaps

dezertflyr 04-18-10 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 1364709)
Wait you suggesting downloading from filefront and not subsim? Corrupted dl maybe since it never works for my comp and freezeS? mmm perhaaaps

No, I saw no no difference with the files from the two sources. I was just ruling out that possibility.

Karbo 04-18-10 06:15 PM

dezertflyr,
Are you using nHancer or nvidia control panel to set your antialiasing?

dezertflyr 04-19-10 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbo (Post 1364716)
dezertflyr,
Are you using nHancer or nvidia control panel to set your antialiasing?

nHancer

Karbo 04-19-10 10:14 PM

dezertflyr,
I wondered about this as I didn't have an option for multisampling in nvidia control panel.
I don't use nHancer so just wondering if there is a way to disable it. Then go to nvidia control panel and set your antialiasing to application control. Start your game and see if you still get black screen.

Best of luck to you.

dezertflyr 04-19-10 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbo (Post 1365960)
dezertflyr,
I wondered about this as I didn't have an option for multisampling in nvidia control panel.
I don't use nHancer so just wondering if there is a way to disable it. Then go to nvidia control panel and set your antialiasing to application control. Start your game and see if you still get black screen.

Best of luck to you.

That didn't change the situation but thanks for the suggestion.

GlobalExplorer 04-20-10 03:43 AM

My guess is that it's driver or hardware related. For example, have you got all the codecs to play videos? I know this is not solving your problem but perhaps you should try and install it on another computer to see what could be different.

dezertflyr 04-20-10 09:17 AM

I thank all of you for the ideas.

Until I get an understanding of what specifically changes from OM-to-OMEGU that apparently taxes my system I'm afraid I'll just be SOL :damn:

GlobalExplorer 04-20-10 12:26 PM

Tip: if you get black screens it's always a good idea to press the "Windows" key, because sometimes there is a message box hidden behind.

Quote:

until I get an understanding of what specifically changes from OM-to-OMEGU
yes, that's good idea, try to find out what OMEGU actually changes. Could it have to do with:
-the environmental shader?
-the video that plays in the main menu?

Salvadoreno 04-21-10 12:41 PM

okay i just cannot run OMEGU without it freezing and getting CTDs.. Ive tried everything. Mite have something to do with im running game through STEAM i dunno.. but regardless its not working. Which is fine im running OMPlot v410 with OpMon. However i wanted to know if there was anything i could do to enhance OpMon with speech fixes and maybe a small enviornmental fix without all the flash of OMEGU.. I want the atlantic dark sea not the stupid pacific sea coloring and i least want a good sound/speech mod to go with OpMon that would conflict with it. Right now i have Spaxs Uboat Speech Fix V4 installed but havent tried it out yet, gotta start from my inbase savegame because i just uninstalled OMEGU as im typing this. Any suggestion/help/mod tips?

dezertflyr 04-21-10 08:51 PM

SUCCESS! :salute:

I deleted the two movies from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\OMEGU_v300\Data\Movies then enabled OMEGU and it's patch :woot:

"Jawohl herr Kaelun! Einmitten vorhaus!" or something like that was sure nice to hear :cool:

Salvadoreno 04-21-10 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezertflyr (Post 1368730)

SUCCESS! :salute:

I deleted the two movies from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\OMEGU_v300\Data\Movies then enabled OMEGU and it's patch :woot:

"Jawohl herr Kaelun! Einmitten vorhaus!" or something like that was sure nice to hear :cool:

Did that cause ur OMEGU to crash? And deleting those movies no more crashing!?

dezertflyr 04-21-10 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 1368777)
Did that cause ur OMEGU to crash? And deleting those movies no more crashing!?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=133

Deutschland 04-22-10 06:40 PM

Good 'adition' to Operation Monsun..
for we, that continue playing SH4..

pickinthebanjo 04-23-10 12:13 AM

Just got my first ship. It was some sort of a 9000ton merchant with a stupid name (a bunch of letters) but anyways I laid two mines in it's path then veered to port and waited for it to strike the mines.

Great mod:yeah: