SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   US Politics Thread 2016-2020 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228628)

Mr Quatro 02-09-17 09:38 AM

Reading Yahoo news too fast can raise your blood pressure :yep:

I will not read Yahoo news feeds again ... here's an example of fake news, but I wonder how many will fall for it and repeat it at work or family gatherings without seeing that it was meant to be satirical?

Quote:

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Upon hearing of her extremely narrow Senate confirmation, newly confirmed Education Secretary Betsy DeVos issued an order that all globes being used in any American school are to be "flattened like God made it just 6,000 years ago." DeVos was confirmed in the Senate 51-50, with the deciding vote being cast by Vice President, and 2015 winner of the "Lantern Jawed Bigot of the Year Award" from Christofascists Weekly,
no link due to warhawk doesn't like that web page ... I yield to his wisdom.:yep:

AVGWarhawk 02-09-17 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2464711)
Yes, of course I understand that. But the masterminds and their stooges are not the majority. We treat all of them as if they were terrorists, and this fuels the idiots, because they can say "Look, for them you are all terrorists."
We in Germany are also caught in this mess of course. I would not have voted for Merkel, but despite all fails and problems, imho Germany has acted right, not only because of its past.
We will have a much more difficult situation dealing with Turkey's Erdoghan, and Syriah's Assad.

Edit sorry, just read what you posted afterwards, along with R.'n Robbins.. hmm.. I guess i even agree, at least for the time being.

In a word: NATO. Everyone is involved.

Catfish 02-09-17 09:43 AM

@Mr Quatro: This isn't fake news, this is a joke, or satire, and not meant earnest :timeout:

AVGWarhawk 02-09-17 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2464717)
@Mr Quatro: This isn't fake news, this is a joke, or satire, and not meant earnest :timeout:

Yes, but...some people just are not with it enough to get that. So...on FB it goes to SPREAD the word.

Rockin Robbins 02-09-17 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2464662)
Agreed, and it wouldn't be fair to stop there. Open the border to all the Mexicans, make sure they have a chance to move to the US.

That's just NOT RIGHT! We need to import the entire population of Columbia. Marshal all the van lines in the US, declare an emergency, pay them twice their normal rate to box up evey resident of Columbia. Shuttle all of them from Bogota to the destination of their choice in the US free of charge (except our taxpayers!). But who cares? It's in the interest of fairness.

AVGWarhawk 02-09-17 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 2464724)
That's just NOT RIGHT! We need to import the entire population of Columbia. Marshal all the van lines in the US, declare an emergency, pay them twice their normal rate to box up evey resident of Columbia. Shuttle all of them from Bogota to the destination of their choice in the US free of charge (except our taxpayers!). But who cares? It's in the interest of fairness.

Is a mobile home included in this travel package?

Bilge_Rat 02-09-17 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2464662)
Agreed, and it wouldn't be fair to stop there. Open the border to all the Mexicans, make sure they have a chance to move to the US.

might as well let in everyone from Latin America as well...especially those Brazilian girls. :D

AVGWarhawk 02-09-17 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat (Post 2464727)
might as well let in everyone from Latin America as well...especially those Brazilian girls. :D

If I'm not mistaken folks from South America are already filtering in. Even the beautiful Brazilian girls.

Nippelspanner 02-09-17 10:07 AM

Quote:

Oh, la ironía!

Aktungbby 02-09-17 10:11 AM

It's all greek to me BBY

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 2464708)
We are at war. We can choose to defend ourselves, with known unfortunate consequences, or we can choose to die. I choose to accept the unfortunate consequences of defending our country. Don't leave out:...With 'Unknown unknown' unfortunate cosequences too BBY(Rumsfeld):wah:
Quote:

Known unknowns result from phenomena which are recognized, but poorly understood. On the other hand, unknown unknowns are phenomena which cannot be expected because there has been no prior experience or theoretical basis for expecting the phenomena.[

ekpyrosis beckons and we're steering right toward it! http://www.businessinsider.com/book-steve-bannon-is-obsessed-with-the-fourth-turning-2017-2
Quote:

...authors William Strauss and Neil Howe theorize that the history of a people moves in 80-to-100 year cycles called "saecula." The idea goes back to the ancient Greeks, who believed that at a given saeculum's end, there would come "ekpyrosis," a cataclysmic event that destroys the old order and brings in a new one in a trial of fire. This era of change is known as the Fourth Turning, and Bannon, like Strauss and Howe, believes we are in the midst of one right now.
According to the book, the last two Fourth Turnings that America experienced were the Civil War and the Reconstruction, and then the Great Depression and World War II. Before that, it was the Revolutionary War.
All these were marked by periods of dread and decay in which the American people were forced to unite to rebuild a new future, but only after a massive conflict in which many lives were lost. It all starts with a catalyst event, then there's a period of regeneracy, after that there is a defining climax in which a war for the old order is fought, and then finally there is a resolution in which a new world order is stabilized.
With Bannon 'birddogging' the 'blond idiot', we should begin our regeneracy...shortly! Good Trumps Evil ... doesn't it?:doh: Götterdämmerung if ever BBY! EDIT: MY wife just pointed out: "The Fourth Turning has begun! Daughter Ivanka's clothes fashion line at Nordstrom's has been cancelled and 'the Donald' is pißed-off and tweetin' about it!!"

Catfish 02-09-17 10:23 AM

^ :doh:
Any of the president's advisors reading Terry Pratchett, b.t.w. ?

August 02-09-17 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2464715)
I wonder how many will fall for it and repeat it at work or family gatherings without seeing that it was meant to be satirical?

You probably just stopped several people from posting that here. :salute:

Sailor Steve 02-09-17 10:36 AM

Quote:

It would probably be easier to just take over Mexico. That way they could all be Americans, and we would have a much smaller border to enforce. Everybody's happy!

Rockstar 02-09-17 10:39 AM

Quote:

I thought the road south stopped in Panama?

Oberon 02-09-17 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2464744)
It would probably be easier to just take over Mexico. That way they could all be Americans, and we would have a much smaller border to enforce. Everybody's happy!

Or agree to the latest Mexican proposal for the Wall? They'll build it but use the 1824 border. :O: :haha: