SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Dark Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322)

KaleunMarco 08-06-22 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapLance (Post 2821787)
My most successful patrol so far:

Got me a HMS Furious for dinner :D.

Unfortunately, the two merchants have not been recorded by the campaign master because I saved the game while at sea, and when I reloaded it somehow they were lost (together with the 2nd patrol zone and a "Sink merchants" objective), despite the marks being visible in the map all the time and appearing in the Captain's log...:hmmm:

Bugs, bugs, plenty of bugs. This game could have been so good if properly developed... Damn you, Ubisoft!

yes, that's a nice haul.

on a side note on the not-getting-credit-for-sinkings, i am playing the Real Fleet Boat (RFB) megamod, which has the longest sinking times of any of the major mods, such that you may not get credit for sinkings because you are detecting the sinking when it happens. really frustrating.

JapLance 08-06-22 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2821796)
yes, that's a nice haul.

on a side note on the not-getting-credit-for-sinkings, i am playing the Real Fleet Boat (RFB) megamod, which has the longest sinking times of any of the major mods, such that you may not get credit for sinkings because you are detecting the sinking when it happens. really frustrating.

I guess you mean that "because you are NOT detecting the sinking when it happens." But that's a different story, probably intentional by the developers. If you can't confirm the sinking either visually or by hydrophones, it makes sense that you don't get the kill.

What I experienced that last patrol is just another bug. I knew something was wrong as the game loaded the file and the sound of a launching torpedo was played and the XO called four or five times "torpedo in the water" :o

KaleunMarco 08-06-22 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapLance (Post 2821819)
I guess you mean that "because you are NOT detecting the sinking when it happens." But that's a different story, probably intentional by the developers. If you can't confirm the sinking either visually or by hydrophones, it makes sense that you don't get the kill.

yeah, but, we are maybe 3000 yds distant from the sinking ship. the combination of the lack of noise detection by the sonar suite must be coupled with the fact that the Ubi programmers neglected to program sinking and breaking up noises such that the sonar suite hears nothing. really bad programming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapLance (Post 2821819)
What I experienced that last patrol is just another bug. I knew something was wrong as the game loaded the file and the sound of a launching torpedo was played and the XO called four or five times "torpedo in the water" :o

you will get that effect from time to time when you reload a save file. i still cannot recreate the effect at will.:hmmm:

RussianDude 08-07-22 05:54 AM

What's up with U-Tankers?

So I'm playing 1942 type IXC career, Paukenshlag operation, in April. On 19 April I receive a message from HQ, that a U-Tanker will be avaliable for ressuply in grid CC, since 21 April. And indeed, after 21 April an icon appeared on my map, like in ports. But after some time, on like, May 4 or May 5 it dissapears. I searched the location of the U-Tanker, thinking that it might be just a bugged map icon, but U-Tanker is not there. So uh, any info on U-Tankers in this mod?

KaleunMarco 08-07-22 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussianDude (Post 2821885)
So I'm playing 1942 type IXC career, Paukenshlag operation, in April. On 19 April I receive a message from HQ, that a U-Tanker will be avaliable for ressuply in grid CC, since 21 April. And indeed, after 21 April an icon appeared on my map, like in ports. But after some time, on like, May 4 or May 5 it dissapears. I searched the location of the U-Tanker, thinking that it might be just a bugged map icon, but U-Tanker is not there. So uh, any info on U-Tankers in this mod?

the mid-ocean replenishment Uboats are part of the Campaign and, yes, some of them are open-for-business for a day or two or three and then they are gone.

so, sadly, you must plan to meet them when they are available or you are SOL (american slang for Short on Luck, or something close to that:D).

RussianDude 08-07-22 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2821899)
the mid-ocean replenishment Uboats are part of the Campaign and, yes, some of them are open-for-business for a day or two or three and then they are gone.

so, sadly, you must plan to meet them when they are available or you are SOL (american slang for Short on Luck, or something close to that:D).

Got it, thanks for the tip. Was afraid that it's a bug or something like that.

Aktungbby 08-07-22 11:57 AM

welcome aboard!

RussianDude!:Kaleun_Salute:...somewhat belatedly forgive our bad manners.:oops:

Mad Mardigan 08-07-22 01:08 PM

Re: Welcome aboard...

:Kaleun_Cheers:

RussianDude! :Kaleun_Salute:

RussianDude 08-07-22 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2821915)
RussianDude!:Kaleun_Salute:...somewhat belatedly forgive our bad manners.:oops:

:Kaleun_Salute:

RussianDude 08-07-22 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2821929)
:Kaleun_Cheers:

RussianDude! :Kaleun_Salute:

:Kaleun_Salute:

SonnySmiles 08-09-22 04:29 PM

Gotta say absolutely love this mod 😁

KaleunMarco 08-09-22 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnySmiles (Post 2822301)
Gotta say absolutely love this mod 😁

that is exactly why we made it.
:D

SonnySmiles 08-09-22 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2822308)
that is exactly why we made it.
:D

Seriously never had so much fun in my life lol just Lorient to Penang just amazes me
You guys have done such a great job 😁👍

KaleunMarco 08-10-22 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnySmiles (Post 2822327)
Seriously never had so much fun in my life lol just Lorient to Penang just amazes me
You guys have done such a great job 😁👍

i have a fix for that. if you are interested in a fix.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6213

SonnySmiles 08-10-22 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2822420)
i have a fix for that. if you are interested in a fix.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6213

I shall get that later my friend thankyou
Had an issue once with a type 2 couple of times so left Europe alone lol but now I think it's time to show my face in the Atlantic
Thanks again