SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Operation Monsun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134922)

Dieselglock 08-28-09 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 (Post 1159647)
Unable to recreate your problem. Tested in heavy seas on courses 360 - 045-090-135-180-225-270-315. All dives to 70 meters in about 3.5 minutes

Thanks for checking

Highbury 08-28-09 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_abobo (Post 1160457)
is crew berthing or birthing just for "storage" of extra crew members? does it have any further useage other than that?

I was just looking for an answer to this as well. I should know, I have been playing with OM for quite some time. I think it almost every time I look at my crew screen and never remember to ask on the forum. A definite answer would be great.

Quote:

how many people are supposed to fit on a u-boat anyway?

Check out uboat.net and you can look up specs on whatever type of U-Boat you are most interested in, including usual crew compliment. (Generally speaking it is 22 - 24 for the Type IIs, and mid 40s - low 50s for the rest.)

Bosje 08-29-09 07:09 AM

Quote:

on a side note, i was happy to pull a sneak attack @ scampa flow on a boat that i assume was supposed to be the HMS Hood,just like the real thing went down in october 1939,only i did it around december.

that would be the Royal Oak
(Hood was destroyed by Bismarck in 1941)

not to be the annoying one here but you said you were educating yourself, so there you go :salute:

lurker_hlb3 08-29-09 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highbury (Post 1161158)
I was just looking for an answer to this as well. I should know, I have been playing with OM for quite some time. I think it almost every time I look at my crew screen and never remember to ask on the forum. A definite answer would be great.

Check out uboat.net and you can look up specs on whatever type of U-Boat you are most interested in, including usual crew compliment. (Generally speaking it is 22 - 24 for the Type IIs, and mid 40s - low 50s for the rest.)

OM uses the crew management options that originated in RFB. The following is a modified version of the crew injure section from the RFB manual

Crew Management

You will note the crew berthing and slots in the conning tower. These slots have been introduced as part of the new submarine damage model system introduced to OM and as a workaround to the way SH4 models crew damage. In essence, when a bridge watch crewman is off-duty, he does not “leave” the bridge; rather, the game just treats him as an inactive crewman still physically located on the bridge. This applies to both surfaced and submerged travel. Thus, to avoid expos*ing the bridge watch to injuries caused by depth charge explosions, you need to move your enlisted bridge crewmen to crew berthing and the officers to the conning tower.

walsh2509 08-29-09 07:25 PM

Was sitting playing OpMon , while I had my TV on at the same time , early hours of the morning and on comes
The Enemy Below

During World War II, an American destroyer meets a German U-Boat. Both captains are good ones, and the engagement lasts for a considerable time.

Now I love playing with SH and have since the very 1st one, but I am no expert, so that is why I ask this Q?

At one part when Mitchum the Destroyer's captain says to one of his officers about tracking the Uboat, not to do something our other as THE UBOAT CAN TURN QUICKER THAN US ?

This true ?

green_abobo 08-30-09 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 (Post 1161332)
OM uses the crew management options that originated in RFB. The following is a modified version of the crew injure section from the RFB manual

thanks lurker. this would explain why my topside crew were screaming for medics even though i was submerged.

joejccva 08-30-09 11:07 PM

Trying out this mod, and I'm also curious.

Are there any other missions besides just patrol missions? I've just started a uboat campaign and every time I finish a patrol and contact HQ through the radio..they just give me a new patrol mission instead of returning to base.

Is this going to loop forever or is there a mission where I have to complete something and then return to base to get ready for the next mission?

Confused.

walsh2509 08-30-09 11:17 PM

I have this metal Clanking sound that will not go away and its getting to me, I have the V7.12 version of the mod and in this last mission I hear this constant clanking noise. Any ideas as to why?

thanks.

lurker_hlb3 08-31-09 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva (Post 1162375)
Trying out this mod, and I'm also curious.

Are there any other missions besides just patrol missions? I've just started a uboat campaign and every time I finish a patrol and contact HQ through the radio..they just give me a new patrol mission instead of returning to base.

Is this going to loop forever or is there a mission where I have to complete something and then return to base to get ready for the next mission?

Confused.

This is "stock" SH4 behavior, recommend you just return to home base and move on with your career

joejccva 08-31-09 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 (Post 1162525)
This is "stock" SH4 behavior, recommend you just return to home base and move on with your career

I thought the OM mod basically rewrote the stock SH4 U-boat campaign?

AVGWarhawk 08-31-09 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva (Post 1162598)
I thought the OM mod basically rewrote the stock SH4 U-boat campaign?

I believe Lurker to be correct. You will be handed another mission and this is the same for the fleet boats. When I'm down to 1 or 2 torps it is time to head to port. If low on fuel I head to port. I do not call in at all. Just head on home and load up your stores again. :03:

vinceor 08-31-09 04:43 PM

I have had patrols where after 2 or 3 missions (which were anti-shipping missions to specific quadriants) Bdu gives me the choose to hunt at my leasure or to return to port. So, this does occur.

Vince

kurfürst 09-03-09 07:38 AM

HMCS Esquimalt

Hi Lurker,

I found this interesting article about the sinking of the HMCS Esquimalt:

http://www.esquimalt.ca/files/PDF/Cu..._Esquimalt.pdf

The HMCS Esquimalt was a Bangor Class Minesweeper and was sunk by U-190, a long range Uboat. The Esquimalt was the last Canadian warship lost during WW II. A few days later the war was over and U-190 surrendered to Canadian Forces.

I thought this might be interesting as a RUM in an upcoming version of OP Monsun?

Beste Grüße,

Kurfürst

ivank 09-05-09 11:19 AM

Great mod, I have two campaign questions;

In one of my campaigns I went to refuel at Vigo, and was attacked by a Portuguese vessel. I am pretty sure Portugal was nuetral during the war.

And in another campaign, I sank a Norwegian vessal, and got a message I sank a freindly vessel.

Any thoughts

lurker_hlb3 09-05-09 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank (Post 1166744)
Great mod, I have two campaign questions;

In one of my campaigns I went to refuel at Vigo, and was attacked by a Portuguese vessel. I am pretty sure Portugal was nuetral during the war.

And in another campaign, I sank a Norwegian vessal, and got a message I sank a freindly vessel.

Any thoughts

IRT

Read item 4 in the first post of this thread about neutrals

IRT

Threre are "two" Norways in OM. The one you sink was part of "Occupied Norway" which has it's side set to Axis