SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [INF] sobers Subsim Bonus Mega Mod All In One 1421 20072017 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374)

dem 02-24-13 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2015080)
How do I get the U-Boat number that I want to display in the ships log. Also my Kaluen's name. I changed it in the options file editor but it didnt change it. It still says UC201 and TheDarkWraith. After I changed it and it stated that it was changing the specific files in the SH5 folder in my documents I saved the changes and nothing.

HI
Hope This Helps

in the option file editor in ships journal tap changed sub no and captain name

THEN edit documents\sh5\data\cfg\playersetting.cfg file to make the uboat hull nunber there match the entry above Find this line unitname

Dem

Fifi 02-24-13 01:29 AM

Here, it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor.
I have to open manually the .py file (the old way) and type the new captain name and U number.
Then as said above, in Documents/SH5/data/Cfg/playersettings i type the new U number to match what i have chosen in the .py file.

dem 02-24-13 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2015130)
Here, it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor.
I have to open manually the .py file (the old way) and type the new captain name and U number.
Then as said above, in Documents/SH5/data/Cfg/playersettings i type the new U number to match what i have chosen in the .py file.

How right you are :up:
it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor.:nope:

Thanks for That :yeah:

Dem

Santini 02-24-13 03:28 AM

Hello!
Downloaded the all inclusive, ran the .mep to install, and got the tutorial disabled

Started up the game, went new campaign, no tutorial, and then it crashes before it loads up the bunker

In the logs:
RadioMessages_2

... that's it. Any ideas?

volodya61 02-24-13 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2015130)
Here, it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dem (Post 2015160)
..it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor.:nope:..

It perfectly works with OptionsFileEditorViewer..
Fifi, I already told you how it works.. :-?

tenbensons 02-24-13 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santini (Post 2015163)
Hello!
Downloaded the all inclusive, ran the .mep to install, and got the tutorial disabled

Started up the game, went new campaign, no tutorial, and then it crashes before it loads up the bunker

In the logs:
RadioMessages_2

... that's it. Any ideas?

I spent 3 days getting the all in one to work. After going through the majority of this thread I have a stable game again. Here is what I did,

Un-enable these mods

TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
TDW_IRAI_Inertia_Damage_Test
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith

That allowed me to get into the bunker and start a patrol. However I was still getting a crash when I would exit the game.

Deleting the Library folder located in "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\silentmichals interior mod 1.2.1\data" solved it.

Hopefully that should give you a stable game :salute:

Santini 02-24-13 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenbensons (Post 2015298)
I spent 3 days getting the all in one to work. After going through the majority of this thread I have a stable game again. Here is what I did,

Un-enable these mods

TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
TDW_IRAI_Inertia_Damage_Test
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith

That allowed me to get into the bunker and start a patrol. However I was still getting a crash when I would exit the game.

Deleting the Library folder located in "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\silentmichals interior mod 1.2.1\data" solved it.

Hopefully that should give you a stable game :salute:

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems to have worked !!!!!!!!!!

:rock::rock::rock:

Singed 02-24-13 02:09 PM

Maybe this will help some folks:

I had a host of problems getting this all working, but eventually got it all going, maybe this will help someone, or maybe Sober will tell me how badly I messed up and to stop giving bad advice.

How Singed, a totally new SH5 player, got Sober's complete list working, on a laptop no less, in a way that will let him play 3-4 complete gaming sessions between odd, random CTDs.

Assumptions: Any previous installations of SH5 completely eliminated, SH5 installed outside of Program Files directory and latest updates from Ubisoft applied. JSGME installed in SH5 directory. 7zip installed.

- Get the latest all in one from Subsim. Some of it is superseded, but it represents the bulk of the downloading work.

- Get Sober's newest .MEP file.

- Extract the all in one to a temporary directory and start going through each mod. Pulling the correct one to SH5/Mods. Note that some mods are basically mods within mods, so just pulling the entire folder may not work right. You may have to use 7zip to drill down a layer or two to get to what you really need.

Clue: The mod you need will have the right name and will only have a /data folder and maybe a /documentation folder.

- When this is done, put Sober's latest .MEP file in the SH5/Mods directory.

- Using JSGME, go to TASKS -> Import mod profile: Attempt to load Sober's latest MEP. It will fail, but give you a list of what is missing or changed. Take notes, it will save you a lot headaches.

- This is where the detective work begins. Referring to this thread, pages 1-5 or so, you can track down every mod that is different and get those.

- Again, go through each mod making sure it is not actually a small collection of mods and place it in SH5\mods. Remember the clue from above.

- Once all the mods are safely in SH5\Mods but before actually installing them, read all of Sober's instructions and follow them to the letter. Make the TDW patch, the changes to Real Navigation, and all the rest.

Only when all of this is done, import the mods.

Like I said, I had a ton of problems, but this exact process got it running for me about 2 weeks ago and I've had very few problems. For anyone with doubts, Sober's compilation works very well and is an awesome game experience.

Also: I only play SH5 on a fresh boot of the machine with no other programs running. When I do CTD, it has always been cases where I failed to play on a fresh boot or tried to immediately reload SH5 after one without rebooting first. I think the game itself, with the mods, is pretty resource heavy and invites conflicts, a fresh boot with no other programs running minimizes the changes.

Finally: If this helps anyone, and the modders bless it off as technically correct and accurate, I'll be happy to make the documentation prettier. I just typed this off the cuff in about 15 minutes.

volodya61 02-24-13 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2015449)
0730 25/02/2013
removed silentmichals interior mod as some people were getting a ctd on loading a new campaign .

I think some people were getting a ctd because of TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0.. not because of silentmichals interior..

silentmichals interior may cause ctd when exiting the game and not at the start of a new campaign..

IMO

Santini 02-24-13 05:48 PM

So, going to the most up to date install, and unable to locate:

FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1

Does anyone have an alternate download for these, as their mediafire uploads seem to be broken

THE_MASK 02-24-13 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santini (Post 2015491)
So, going to the most up to date install, and unable to locate:

FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1

Does anyone have an alternate download for these, as their mediafire uploads seem to be broken

FX link fixed , working on the others .

Santini 02-24-13 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2015496)
FX link fixed , working on the others .

Thank you, sir!

J0313 02-24-13 09:08 PM

Hot Keys.

Sober,

I was wondering if you could include a list of hot keys ( not to include the basic game keys of course ) that have been incorporated through all of the mods on the list. I know that I have a heck of a time remembering all of them and I think that would be very helpful to some people. Especially to my pee brain. Thanks Sober.

THE_MASK 02-24-13 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2015581)
Sober,

I was wondering if you could include a list of hot keys ( not to include the basic game keys of course ) that have been incorporated through all of the mods on the list. I know that I have a heck of a time remembering all of them and I think that would be very helpful to some people. Especially to my pee brain. Thanks Sober.

I use the GUI and the only keys i use are the F7 for opening and closing all the hatches and the + and - keys for time compression .

Fifi 02-24-13 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 2015234)
It perfectly works with OptionsFileEditorViewer..
Fifi, I already told you how it works.. :-?

Crap!...i don't remember :/\\!!