SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5: Bugs, glitches, and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162462)

Trevally. 03-14-13 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcool33 (Post 2025304)
I am haveing problems with some torpedos where i am attacking a convoy currently and am hitting a warship that is protecting it. But every time i fire torpedos they hit at an almost 90* angle but they hit then they sit there and then appear to go under it and i dont know how to change this i have the depth for the torpedos at 1.3 meters so i dont understand what is happening.

Welcome to subsim MrCool:cool:

DDs can be very shallow drafted. This can ge worse if the waves are large. Try 1.1:up:

Sich Rifleman 03-16-13 02:51 PM

When I play historical missions, I run into problems if I use more than 2 saves. One works fine, and when I access it, the mission name is displayed properly. But the second one has 'GENERIC Mission' in the save file display. And in it, TDC is not working properly. I can't lock onto targets, and the 'Follow Ship' setting is grayed out(I'm using TDW's UI), making it impossible for me to use my normal targeting procedure.

Also, the 'In Spite Of Everything' mission has an issue with the battleship itself. I manage 3 direct hits to Warspite...but I still get the 'Failed' screen.

fterenzio 03-18-13 08:45 AM

Hi all,
a am new here, I tried to ready some threads before replying, but too many post, so excuse me if my question was already answered before.

I have 2 bugs (or I have missed something...) for SH5:

1) It happen today (1st time) that after surfacing, the diesel engine start working fine, but there is none on the bridge with me, and the CO2 level continue growing. I tried to go deeply again and return to surface again, but still same problem. I do not understand, if the diesel engine starts, mean that the game "understands" that I am in surface, so why CO2 and Crew is not going well?

2) voices of my crew sometimes "disappear"

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers,
FT

BigWalleye 03-18-13 09:34 AM

The CO2 problem is a pretty common occurrence. Many say it is due to using ALT-TAB to leave a game in progress and then return, although sometimes it can occur without doing this. THERE IS AN EASY FIX!

Exit the mission/patrol/career with the options key. Save the game in progress. Clost the game and return to tyour desktop. Restart the game. Load your save. The CO2 problem will be gone.

Gluck auf!

fterenzio 03-18-13 11:58 AM

many thanks, I try it now.

volodya61 03-18-13 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fterenzio (Post 2027042)
1) It happen today (1st time) that after surfacing, the diesel engine start working fine, but there is none on the bridge with me, and the CO2 level continue growing. I tried to go deeply again and return to surface again, but still same problem. I do not understand, if the diesel engine starts, mean that the game "understands" that I am in surface, so why CO2 and Crew is not going well?

Hi Fterenzio!
Welcome aboard :salute:

Try to use TDW Generic Patcher, it fixes more stock bugs - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433

thesilentsub 03-19-13 11:38 AM

Is there anything I can do to improve FPS because when I encounter convoys it gets very laggy and extremely hard to move the mouseas it jumps around the screen.
Are there any mods that could fix this or improve my game in general?
Any help is much appreciated.
:D

Obi-Don 03-19-13 12:47 PM

Finally got my game patched to 1.2 and running, loaded up sobers mod list but every time I try to start a new campaign using open horizons it crashes. I have skipped the tutorial as suggested, but I have been having trouble deleting my old save games and I wonder if that might be the problem. I did a new install of the game, deleted the save games from my documents, updated the game to 1.2, turned uplay to offline mode, but every time I start the game it syncs to the server and all the old save games come back. Anyone have any ideas?

Silent Steel 03-19-13 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesilentsub (Post 2027678)
Is there anything I can do to improve FPS because when I encounter convoys it gets very laggy and extremely hard to move the mouseas it jumps around the screen.
Are there any mods that could fix this or improve my game in general?
Any help is much appreciated.
:D

Please give us your mod list and specs.

In the meantime - try the
d3d Antilag
Make sure you apply it properly - it is NOT an ordinary mod to be actiavated in JSGME - read the 'readme.txt' file

Silent Steel 03-19-13 06:32 PM

@ Obi-Don

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obi-Don (Post 2027711)
Finally got my game patched to 1.2 and running, loaded up sobers mod list but every time I try to start a new campaign using open horizons it crashes. I have skipped the tutorial as suggested, but I have been having trouble deleting my old save games and I wonder if that might be the problem. I did a new install of the game, deleted the save games from my documents, updated the game to 1.2, turned uplay to offline mode, but every time I start the game it syncs to the server and all the old save games come back. Anyone have any ideas?

You shouldn't have any issues like this with Sober's mod list.
But, please tell how did you 'skip tutorials'?
If you go to; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CarreerHistory' you should just change - 'HasCompletedTutorial=false' > 'HasCompletedTutorial=true'. Yoy can open it with Note Pad, make sure you save it in the same place in .txt format.
T
hat's it!
No more need for tutorials, ever.

Whenever you reinstall SH5 make sure you;
1. Backup your; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5' folder (this is where your game progress, profiles and campaigns are stored)
2. Backup the; 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder
3. Uninstall SH5
4. Delete the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder (if it's still there)
5. Scan for leftovers (I use the CCleaner)
6. Re-install SH5
7. Launch SH5 to check it's running OK
8. Paste the backup 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5 folder' into; 'C:\Users\Documents' and let it overwrite
9. Paste a copy of the; 'jsgme setup' into the 'C:\ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder
10. Run the
'jsgme setup' once to make it create the 'MODS' folder
11. Paste the backup
'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder into; 'C:\Users\Documents\Silent Hunter 5'

Activate whatever mods you like and launch SH5.

For whatever questions you might have - you're welcome, anytime :up:

Obi-Don 03-20-13 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Steel (Post 2027929)
You shouldn't have any issues like this with Sober's mod list.
But, please tell how did you 'skip tutorials'?
If you go to; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CarreerHistory' you should just change - 'HasCompletedTutorial=false' > 'HasCompletedTutorial=true'. Yoy can open it with Note Pad, make sure you save it in the same place in .txt format.
T
hat's it!
No more need for tutorials, ever.

Whenever you reinstall SH5 make sure you;
1. Backup your; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5' folder (this is where your game progress, profiles and campaigns are stored)
2. Backup the; 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder
3. Uninstall SH5
4. Delete the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder (if it's still there)
5. Scan for leftovers (I use the CCleaner)
6. Re-install SH5
7. Launch SH5 to check it's running OK
8. Paste the backup 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5 folder' into; 'C:\Users\Documents' and let it overwrite
9. Paste a copy of the; 'jsgme setup' into the 'C:\ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder
10. Run the
'jsgme setup' once to make it create the 'MODS' folder
11. Paste the backup
'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder into; 'C:\Users\Documents\Silent Hunter 5'

Activate whatever mods you like and launch SH5.

For whatever questions you might have - you're welcome, anytime :up:

Thanks for the reply Silent Steel but still no luck. I had already edited the cfg file to read true. I backed up the SH5 Documents folder and the Mods folder,uninstalled the game ran cccleaner, reinstalled, patched, started the game and it started up fine but it still syncs to the server and recovers my save games that I had deleted from my machine. So I delete the saves again, then pasted in the SH5 file into documents and overwrote the one that was there, ran jsgme and pasted in the old mods folder, activated the sober mep, Started up the Game again. The game loads and I get the openhorizons splash screen, but still, every time I start the game the first thing it does is sync my save games to the server. I have the uplay set to start in offline mode, is there some other switch that I'm missing? I delete the save games from the saves folder but then it syncs and they come back. When I start the saves are all there. So onward, I start a new campaign, I type in silentotto, select the first campaign, i'm given the option to skip the tutorial which I do, the loading screen with sobers green spinning thing comes up, it loads for about 60 secs and dumps me out to the thanks for playing screen in uplay. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, anyone have an answer? Also I did start up one of my old saves that was restored and I could see that some of the mods were working. But I really want to start a whole new campaign using openhorizons. Thanks everyone :wah:

Targor Avelany 03-20-13 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obi-Don (Post 2028246)
Thanks for the reply Silent Steel but still no luck. I had already edited the cfg file to read true. I backed up the SH5 Documents folder and the Mods folder,uninstalled the game ran cccleaner, reinstalled, patched, started the game and it started up fine but it still syncs to the server and recovers my save games that I had deleted from my machine. So I delete the saves again, then pasted in the SH5 file into documents and overwrote the one that was there, ran jsgme and pasted in the old mods folder, activated the sober mep, Started up the Game again. The game loads and I get the openhorizons splash screen, but still, every time I start the game the first thing it does is sync my save games to the server. I have the uplay set to start in offline mode, is there some other switch that I'm missing? I delete the save games from the saves folder but then it syncs and they come back. When I start the saves are all there. So onward, I start a new campaign, I type in silentotto, select the first campaign, i'm given the option to skip the tutorial which I do, the loading screen with sobers green spinning thing comes up, it loads for about 60 secs and dumps me out to the thanks for playing screen in uplay. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, anyone have an answer? Also I did start up one of my old saves that was restored and I could see that some of the mods were working. But I really want to start a whole new campaign using openhorizons. Thanks everyone :wah:

1) Clean out your Documents folder
2) Uninstall the game
3) go to (if I remember correctly) C:\Program Files (x86)\UPlay and delete it. I don't exactly remember the location as I'm at work and can't check it (it is somewhere in Program Files - the launcher itself has a folder. It must go. It will elliminate ALL of your saved games forever.. Well, untill you save new ones).
4) repeat what Silent recommended

In the future, you can use TDW's .exe patcher that now fixes this annoying pain!

thesilentsub 03-20-13 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
Make sure you apply it properly - it is NOT an ordinary mod to be actiavated in JSGME - read the 'readme.txt' file[/COLOR
[/SIZE][/FONT]

When I follow the link to d3d antilag there are no files or anything there. EDIT: I have got the mod from the workshop, but where is the executable directory that the read me says I need to copy the files into?
Also what are you supposed to use to open and edit the CFG file because I'm using notepad++ and I cannot not edit it?

I have no mods currently installed and my specs are as follows:
6gb Ram
intel core i5 3210m, 2.5ghz
750gb hdd
Nvidia GEFORCE 610m GPU- 2gb grapics memory

Targor Avelany 03-20-13 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesilentsub (Post 2028315)
When I follow the link to d3d antilag there are no files or anything there. EDIT: I have got the mod from the workshop, but where is the executable directory that the read me says I need to copy the files into?
Also what are you supposed to use to open and edit the CFG file because I'm using notepad++ and I cannot not edit it?

I have no mods currently installed and my specs are as follows:
6gb Ram
intel core i5 3210m, 2.5ghz
750gb hdd
Nvidia GEFORCE 610m GPU- 2gb grapics memory

Generally it is a directory where your sh5.exe is.
Most of the time it is located at: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\

Notepad++ should have no problem editing that cfg file. I use Notepad++ for many many many editings of the game files and had no problems so far. Make sure you extract the files out of the archive first, as you cannot edit any files while they are still archived.

Obi-Don 03-20-13 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2028256)
1) Clean out your Documents folder
2) Uninstall the game
3) go to (if I remember correctly) C:\Program Files (x86)\UPlay and delete it. I don't exactly remember the location as I'm at work and can't check it (it is somewhere in Program Files - the launcher itself has a folder. It must go. It will elliminate ALL of your saved games forever.. Well, untill you save new ones).
4) repeat what Silent recommended

In the future, you can use TDW's .exe patcher that now fixes this annoying pain!

Thanks Targor but still no joy. I did what you suggested. I didn't mention earlier that I originally purchased the game through Game Stop. After I deleted the uplay I had to download it from Game Stop again, and their version seems to have some issue. It wouldn't start at all, it would kick me back to the uplay launcher and give an error message, and something about a debug, I posted about that error a few days ago on this thread but got no replies. So i deleted everything AGAIN:yep: except the uplay launcher, then downloaded it from uplay, started the game, and it works, AND this time it doesn't sync my old saves, it appears I have a clean new install. So I update to 1.2, start a game again,it works. Load jsgme and sobers mod list start again, forget to edit the config file and it won't let me skip the tutorial, exit, edit the config file, restart, skip the tutorial, start a new campaign, and same thing, loads for 60 sec. or so and boots back to the uplay screen and says thanks for playing:/\\!! Really don't know what to do at this point, spent most of the last two days trying to get this to work, REALLY want to play with openhorizions but .... Anyway thanks to all of you here at Subsim, you guys are great and clearly trying to help, any other suggestions?