SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   US Politics Thread 2016-2020 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228628)

AVGWarhawk 02-22-17 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2467920)
Would you prefer we just print more money?

That has been done the past 8 years.

AVGWarhawk 02-22-17 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2467985)
Christ! You all lost me!!
What the hell does Sweden have to do with US Politics?
:06:

Did Trump take a poop there or what?
:doh:

Trump pointed out that Sweden is suffering from influx of refugees. Crime such as rape, etc. Media latched onto it. You know, unsubstantiated claims and alternative facts from Trump. Within in a day riots broke out in Sweden. Immigrant neighborhood. Go figure.

Skybird 02-22-17 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2468046)
That has been done the past 8 years.

That has been done since the invention of papermoney. Making the total ammounts of ciruclating money inflatable at will and like governments pleases, unhindered by market or natural limitations in total availability, is the mere purpose why paper money was invented. ;) So I fear it has been a little bit more than just 8 years.

AVGWarhawk 02-22-17 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2468055)
That has been done since the invention of papermoney. Making the total ammounts of ciruclating money inflatable at will and like governments pleases, unhindered by market or natural limitations in total availability, is the mere purpose why paper money was invented. ;) So I fear it has been a little bit more than just 8 years.

They need to print more because there are an abundance of skin bars requiring single dollar bills from the partrons to participate in the show.

Bilge_Rat 02-22-17 12:16 PM

oh no! turns out Jill Stein is also a Russian agent!

Turns out she was sitting with Putin and Flynn at the same table during the RT banquet in 2015:

http://americannewsx.com/wp-content/...1.55.18-PM.png

will these dastardly Russians stop at nothing to subvert American democracy! :D

Oberon 02-22-17 12:18 PM

Dave Brat on 'Obamacare' replacement:

"we don't know what it is as [rank and file] members. We were sent a bullet point plan"

At least they'll not have to vote it through to see what's in it then. :yep:

Muslim Ban round two is also coming up, so that's going to be fun. :har:

August 02-22-17 02:49 PM

But according to the Dems it was the Russians that elected Trump right?

Trump smashes Obama’s small-donor fundraising pace, bests Clinton, Sanders combined

Quote:

As a candidate, President Trump raised more money from small-dollar donors than former President Obama did in either of his two campaigns, according to a study released Tuesday that shows just how groundbreaking the Trump operation was.
Mr. Trump raised about $239 million from small donors during the campaign, compared with Mr. Obama’s $219 million in 2012 — then a record — and about $181 million in 2008, according to the report from the Campaign Finance Institute.
Mr. Trump’s total was also more than the small-dollar donations — defined as $200 or less — given to 2016 Democratic candidates Hillary Clinton ($137 million) and Sen. Bernard Sanders ($100 million) combined.

vienna 02-22-17 03:19 PM

All that money and he still couldn't get enough people to buy his malarkey and win the popular vote? Sad, weak...

<O>

Platapus 02-22-17 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2467972)
We have way too many generals. These are the numbers on active duty in the four services at the moment:

0-7 Brigadier General / Rear Admiral (LH) 444
0-8 Major General / Rear Admiral (UH) 285
0-9 Lieutenant / General Vice Admiral 132
0-10 General / Admiral 39

When I was on Offutt AFB, SAC HQ we had 34 generals on base. No single base needs that many Generals.

August 02-22-17 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2468141)
When I was on Offutt AFB, SAC HQ we had 34 generals on base. No single base needs that many Generals.

Definitely not.

Skybird 02-22-17 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2468090)
They need to print more because there are an abundance of skin bars requiring single dollar bills from the partrons to participate in the show.

The easier way to bring more notes of lesser value on the streets, is to forbid cash payment and ban notes and coins, and go all-digital and cash-free. Its also easier for the state and for the banks and credit companies to plunder those private savings of people that so far get hidden by their owners by not storing them on banking accounts, but in private safes. If all is digital in the money world, and people have no more altenratives and options to evade the plunderers,

- banks can dictate any fees and costs they want,

- credit card companies can dictate any fees and costs they want,

- central banks can go to negative interests and steal and plunder private values as they want,

- finance ministries can blackmail and cash even easier any protection money that they want,

- a person's consumer and behavior profile can be even easier completed and examined to detail that most people are not even now aware of.

Its like demanding the victim of a rape to thank its rapist afterwards for the pleasurable experience. Its a crime of the highest and most inhumane category. The negative consequences for states, societies, whole people and economic systems, cannot be overestmated, and they are here to last for long time to come. Few people are really aware of all this, and just think in terms of their most imminent comfortability, and not thinking of the consequences. Idiots.

I will never understand why peope use credit cards. I go to the bakery, and buy a bread. The woman gives me the bread, but when I want to hand her the money, a foreigner squeezes himself in and takes my money from my hand, and hands it over to her. She counts the chnage, and gives it not to me, but to him, and then he gives it to me. And for this "service" of his he demands me - or her, or us both - to pay him a fee...? He should be spanked and then brought to court, like credit card companies should be burned down from roof to basement. Parasites, nothing else they are. And great illusionists.

AndyJWest 02-22-17 06:57 PM

People use credit cards because they find it more convenient than cash. They pay a small charge for the convenience. This is how the market works. You should know this, Skybird.

August 02-22-17 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2468155)
I will never understand why peope use credit cards. I go to the bakery, and buy a bread. The woman gives me the bread, but when I want to hand her the money, a foreigner squeezes himself in and takes my money from my hand, and hands it over to her. She counts the chnage, and gives it not to me, but to him, and then he gives it to me. And for this "service" of his he demands me - or her, or us both - to pay him a fee...? He should be spanked and then brought to court, like credit card companies should be burned down from roof to basement. Parasites, nothing else they are. And great illusionists.

You come up with some really wild ideas sometimes Skybird.

Why don't you understand that a credit card sells convenience? The convenience of not having to walk around with large amounts of cash. I'll never stand in front of that bakery woman and rummage though my pockets trying to dig up enough change to pay for the bread because I forgot to go to the bank earlier or had that second piece of strudel, nor will she have to worry (at least with me and other CC users) about keeping enough cash on hand to make change for the large denomination bill you and everyone else used to buy your bread. (FWIW a considerate person would have exact change for the poor bakery woman)

I will also never have to worry about stopping a thief from spending the large wad of cash that he found in the wallet that he just stole from me. A simple phone call deactivates the card and gets a replacement in the express mail on it's way to me wherever I may be, home or overseas. Same thing applies to the bakery woman's cc receipts.

Contrary to your claims I don't pay for this convenience at all. There is no annual fee and I pay the bill off every month so no interest fees. In fact using the card pays me. I got about $300 worth of free merchandise from Cabelas the other day because I use their card.

So while I don't support eliminating cash i'm certainly not going to advocate beating up credit card company owners and torching their businesses even if I didn't want to use their service. Far from being the useless parasites you claim they are, CC companies provide a popular and profitable service to millions of people who are satisfied enough to continue to use them. Who are you to say the rest of the world should be forced to conduct their financial business like you do?

Platapus 02-22-17 08:21 PM

The best part about using a credit card is that I am using their money. Something goes wrong with transaction, I hope the credit card company can solve THEIR problem.

Three times in my life I have had my credit card number stolen and used fraudulently. In all three times, the credit card company worked very hard to solve their problem.. because it was their problem. Not mine. Costs me a little time and some minor postage. Since I also pay off my balance every month and there are no annual fees, it literally costs me nothing.

What I can't understand are people who get credit cards with annual fees. If there is an annual fee, there better be a very very low interest rate.

But then, I worked for almost 40 years to get and maintain good credit.

Credit is a tool that can be used wisely or unwisely. In itself, there is nothing good nor bad about credit. It is all in how you use it.

Skybird 02-22-17 08:24 PM

Instead of replying to your last posts, guys, just imagine I repeat the one I just made above, for I mean and stick to every single word of it. In parts, the evils described there are already reality, and if you cannot see that, nothing and nobody can help you. You can lead the horse to water but you cant make it drink.

Its unjust and wrong however, that people like me get pulled down and into the abyss alongside with you. When I realised this some time ago, that was the day when I completely cancelled and deleted any remaining sense of solidarity I still may have had back then. When you guys burn from all this, you got what you asked for, and that is fair. When the few people like me burn, we must so only because you wanted it. And that is a crime against us few.

AndyJWest 02-22-17 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2468176)
Instead of replying to your last posts, guys, just imagine I repeat the one I just made above, for I mean and stick to every single word of it. In parts, the evils described there are already reality, and if you cannot see that, nothing and nobody can help you. You can lead the horse to water but you cant make it drink.

Its unjust and wrong however, that people like me get pulled down and into the abyss alongside with you. When I realised this some time ago, that was the day when I completely cancelled and deleted any remaining sense of solidarity I still may have had back then. When you guys burn from all this, you got what you asked for, and that is fair. When the few people like me burn, we must so only because you wanted it. And that is a crime against us few.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...psx6whybqq.png

Skybird 02-22-17 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2468174)
Credit is a tool that can be used wisely or unwisely. In itself, there is nothing good nor bad about credit. It is all in how you use it.

That is only true if you differ between credit that is basing on consuming that did not take place, so it is the savings by somebody else that you lease, and credit that just creates the money you lease from empoty air, and thus increases (=inflates) the money tzhere is, but must not create material securities for the sum of money created.

The first is like you said. The altter is the inevitable destruction of every economic market order and money system yiou can imagine. But in a world where the vast majoirty of people think money is harvbested from epoty vacuum in space and then rains down from the sky, most people just cannot understand this.

I recommend, as one possible book amongst several others, by Alfred Hayek: The Pure Theory of Capital, which is available as a free, legal and complete pdf download from this link. No, I have not read the whole book.

But most of it. ;)

LINK download

Skybird 02-22-17 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJWest (Post 2468178)

How... clever. I must fall silent in the face of such overwhelming display of intellectual superiority. I admit: yes, I have demons inside me, and they most be exorcised.

Heil Lemming! :Kaleun_Salute: May the collective always be with you.

AndyJWest 02-22-17 08:39 PM

Not only have you not read the whole book, you appear not to know who the author is: Try Friedrich Hayek...

Buddahaid 02-22-17 08:40 PM

I'm sorry Skybird, but I just don't see how making convenience purchases with CC's is going to cause my downfall. I don't carry any debt save for small purchases from time to time, and only for the billing cycle.

Anyway, I forgot what this had to do with US politics.