SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5: Bugs, glitches, and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162462)

vdr1981 04-02-16 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394655)
Killed by silent DD :oops:
I'm pretty sure there was another one which was not heard at hydrophone while he was moving and tracking me be asdic. The second one was heard and was moving away while this ghost attacked me by depth charges, while i was expecting depth charges throws the heard one out of me ****ing UBI!!!! :wah:

Lets

https://www.google.rs/webhp?sourceid...reeping+attack :D ***ing IRAI:up:

Sjizzle 04-02-16 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2394659)

i love when u got sunk by a stationary ship :D ....when u wanna surface and do not make a 360 check with obs periscope and u surface there is waiting for u a big surprise KABOOOOOM :D

palmic 04-02-16 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2394659)

:hmmm:

****ing Johnnie Walker! :)

But really - this was the case when dd is not heard for all the time, i swear i had perfect awareness, i always check once a time all 360 for new guys while i track the closest one :)

Sometimes Beno describes this dd's unable to hear and they are always slow, so classic bug, if someone could solve this, it would fix really biggest problem for me.

palmic 04-02-16 04:54 PM

Ok right now, they are trying it again, really creeping attack, God this two guys are good, but the problem is really in the fact <8kts ships are not rendering I hydrophone...

Sjizzle 04-02-16 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394680)
Ok right now, they are trying again, really creeping attack, God this two are good, but the problem is really in the fact <8kts ships is not rendering I hydrophone...

u can not hear it or your sonar guy ????
cos sometime the sonar guy goes crazy and can not hear a ship at 800 m away and u can hear it at sonar station

palmic 04-02-16 05:04 PM

I cannot hear it. Beno is reporting ship which i know it's there, but it's not rendered in hydrophone.

I found the sound disappear when it slows under 8kts

Sjizzle 04-02-16 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394683)
I cannot hear it. Beno is reporting ship which i know it's there, but it's not rendered in hydrophone.

I found the sound disappear when it shows under 8kts

hmmmmm give me some time to make a mission and test this sound issue and i will let u know

vdr1981 04-02-16 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394683)

I found the sound disappear when it slows under 8kts

That's a known issue but it's more like under 5-6 kn. I didn't manage to solve it but I have optimized some campaign files in order to reduce it's effect.

IIRC, I told you before that you will hardly find ultra realistic hydrophones in any SH game. You have to combine your listening with Beno's reports in order to get the most possible accurate picture of surface traffic...However, I wouldn't bet my life on it ...SH is not DCS and unfortunately and it never will be...:yep:

palmic 04-02-16 05:43 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what i found by time - beno + hydro :D

Only problem comes when you are hunted by two cloned Johnny Walkers itselfs :D

zorro69michel007 04-03-16 02:30 PM

Hi, I have an objective problem. I'm AN 1814 or am I supposed to run every ship I meet for 48 hours on a radius of 120 KM .
I sank five ships in the area of 120 km and still failed goal !!!
I made a mistake somewhere ?
I forgot to mention that this is my second patrol, first I had the same problem.

Sjizzle 04-03-16 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro69michel007 (Post 2394952)
Hi, I have an objective problem. I'm AN 1814 or am I supposed to run every ship I meet for 48 hours on a radius of 120 KM .
I sank five ships in the area of 120 km and still failed goal !!!
I made a mistake somewhere ?
I forgot to mention that this is my second patrol, first I had the same problem.

u need to stay in that area for a period of time like 48h ....86h i don't remember exactly how long but u can see them in the mission order how long u must patrol there ....sometimes u need to stay in that area till BDU will send u a new patrol area via radio msg ......if u don't get any radio msg stay in that area don't leave it cos the time count will reset......

Ps. center of that grid coordinate are 58°03'00"N, 003°00'00"W
Top left 58°06'00"N, 003°06'00"W Top right 58°06'00"N, 002°54'00"W Bottom left 58°00'00"N, 003°06'00"W Bottom right 58°00'00"N, 002°54'00"W

palmic 04-03-16 02:45 PM

Yeah, it does not matter how much do you sink, it's just about to stay in that area, that's all :)

Gosdatura 04-03-16 03:14 PM

You have to stay patrolling for 48 hour, in the same session!. You can Alt+Tab and do what you want, but you cannot Save&Exit to Windows or your patrol time will be reset. You can Save, but don't Exit SH5.

palmic 04-03-16 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosdatura (Post 2394964)
You have to stay patrolling for 48 hour, in the same session!. You can Alt+Tab and do what you want, but you cannot Save&Exit to Windows or your patrol time will be reset. You can Save, but don't Exit SH5.

Post #2016 hell yeah! :rock:

dungeonBird 04-05-16 09:02 AM

there are bugs in the wolves of steel mod i d like to report:

when i order to shoot ships with the deck gun by choosing the officer from menue at buttom i have to always do those 3 steps over and over before they finally decide to shoot.

options are already selected fire on sealine, fire longest range, and fire free.

i have to click on stop fire re choose sealine etc again, and re choose fire range in order for them to begin shooting. not always happens but sometimes.

if i pick up the gun manually and start shooing by myself they continue. sometimes it helps if i use binoculars and command but not always.

the other bug is,when you dye your boat with the the sea stripes they sometimes disappear as if you never dyed your boat.

siege00 04-05-16 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonBird (Post 2395328)
there are bugs in the wolves of steel mod i d like to report:

when i order to shoot ships with the deck gun by choosing the officer from menue at buttom i have to always do those 3 steps over and over before they finally decide to shoot.

options are already selected fire on sealine, fire longest range, and fire free.

i have to click on stop fire re choose sealine etc again, and re choose fire range in order for them to begin shooting. not always happens but sometimes.

if i pick up the gun manually and start shooing by myself they continue. sometimes it helps if i use binoculars and command but not always.

the other bug is,when you dye your boat with the the sea stripes they sometimes disappear as if you never dyed your boat.

Hi DungeonBird,

Try manning the deck gun, finding the target via the binoculars and hitting the spacebar with the target centered. The crew should open fire at that point, at least that's been my experience. In rough seas though, just in case you didn't know, the crew will leave the deck gun.

dungeonBird 04-05-16 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2395332)
Hi DungeonBird,

Try manning the deck gun, finding the target via the binoculars and hitting the spacebar with the target centered. The crew should open fire at that point, at least that's been my experience. In rough seas though, just in case you didn't know, the crew will leave the deck gun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2395332)
In rough seas though, just in case you didn't know, the crew will leave the deck gun.

yeah i know

the sea was always quiet when this happend. so that menue down below is almost useless. against planes i had similar issue with the small gun.

zorro69michel007 04-13-16 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2394954)
u need to stay in that area for a period of time like 48h ....86h i don't remember exactly how long but u can see them in the mission order how long u must patrol there ....sometimes u need to stay in that area till BDU will send u a new patrol area via radio msg ......if u don't get any radio msg stay in that area don't leave it cos the time count will reset......

Ps. center of that grid coordinate are 58°03'00"N, 003°00'00"W
Top left 58°06'00"N, 003°06'00"W Top right 58°06'00"N, 002°54'00"W Bottom left 58°00'00"N, 003°06'00"W Bottom right 58°00'00"N, 002°54'00"W

ok thank you I'll watch it I 'll let you know .

KaleuJona 04-21-16 09:07 AM

Something wrong

In my Game, there is something wrong with the 3d ship damages...its not a big problem, but everytime i hit an enemy ship, the damage does only occor underwater...its just ugly when i hit with my deck gun.....
i use Schleichfahrt mod
can i do something to solve it...?
Thx for Helping

Micksp 04-22-16 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleuJona (Post 2398820)
In my Game, there is something wrong with the 3d ship damages...its not a big problem, but everytime i hit an enemy ship, the damage does only occor underwater...its just ugly when i hit with my deck gun.....
i use Schleichfahrt mod
can i do something to solve it...?
Thx for Helping

Just go for TWoS mega mod and everything will be fine:yeah: