SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

volodya61 05-26-13 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2063071)
Starting with v1.0.100.0 of the app I have placed files in the MODS folder that are referenced through the Files=, Pictures=, and Notes= of the patch files. Thus this folder is very important.

Your torpedo .sim files (actually just one zipped file) is referenced in this MODS folder by the shsim patch file :yep:

the patch files themselves now reside in Patches\patch folder (usually app name)
Backups are placed in Patches\patch folder (usually app name)\Backups

I know, thanks :up:

I have already done russian manual for the New Patcher.. it will be placed in the Trevally's 'How to' thread when he will have time to do that :yep:

volodya61 05-26-13 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2063072)
any complaints/suggestions on the UI or operation of the Generic Patcher :06:

I've already talked about this.. is it possible to combine all the torpedo patches into a single folder? like Render patches or Map Colors? :06:

gap 05-26-13 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2063071)
Your torpedo .sim files (actually just one zipped file) is referenced in this MODS folder by the shsim patch file :yep:

I have removed from HistGunSpecs thread the link to Volodya's sim file, as you have included in the same package as your patcher. ;)

7thSeal 05-26-13 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2062800)
The great thing about these .gps files is when I release a new version of the patcher you can:
- take a snapshot
- disable all patches
- enable new version of Generic Patcher
- restore from snapshot

Now all your patches that you had previously enabled with the old version are now enabled with the new version :rock:

This is a really nice and needed feature now that the patches have been greatly expanding. Much like the option migrater, it saves alot of time getting everything in order after each new release.

Thanks for this. :)

Fifi 05-26-13 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2063084)
I have removed from HistGunSpecs thread the link to Volodya's sim file, as you have included in the same package as your patcher. ;)

:hmm2: I don't get it here...what is it about exactly please?
Is it an add-on mod from HistGunSpecs wich isn't necessary anymore because included in latest patcher?

volodya61 05-26-13 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2063186)
:hmm2: I don't get it here...what is it about exactly please?
Is it an add-on mod from HistGunSpecs wich isn't necessary anymore because included in latest patcher?

You got it long ago.. new torpedo's .sim.. since the v1.00.100 included in the Patcher's archive..

Fifi 05-26-13 05:30 PM

An other little confusing:
I'm running latest patcher (v1.0.102.0 ) as stand alone, but i noticed a new folder in latest NewUIS 7.4.2/application called "patcher", and after opening, it's older version (0.94 or something...) :hmmm:
I suppose i don't run it obviously, and i let it alone here?

TheDarkWraith 05-26-13 05:49 PM

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=6663

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=6664

Yes, I've added language packs to the app :rock:

You will find a new folder off the executable's path - LanguagePacks. Inside that folder is where all the folders for all the different languages reside (currently only English). Now here's the neat thing about this - you can define what you want to call the language by creating a new folder when the name of the language - i.e. If you wanted to create a French language you could create a folder called French. Inside that folder needs to be one file - languagepack.txt. This single txt file is what defines all the strings needed by the app.

When the app first starts up and you have never defined the language you will see the dialog box asking you to select a language (one caveat to this - if only one language is defined then the app will select it by default and you won't see this dialog box).

At any time you can change the language in real-time by clicking Edit-->Options-->Select language

:|\\

TheDarkWraith 05-26-13 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2062811)
I'll try then to translate things in French :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echolot (Post 2062822)
Count me in for the german translation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2062829)
ty and u can count on me to translate Romania, Hungarian and German

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2062841)
Count on me for the Italian translation :up:

v1.0.105.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.105.0 Added the ability to define and use language packs

Send me the language packs when you have them translated :up:

volodya61 05-26-13 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2063210)
Yes, I've added language packs to the app :rock:
At any time you can change the language in real-time by clicking Edit-->Options-->Select language

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2063212)

Cool :yeah:
Thanks a lot :salute:

Fifi 05-26-13 06:29 PM

OMG! :o You are fast!!!...just activated latest patcher, and here an other :rock:
We can't follow you! :rotfl2:

TheDarkWraith 05-26-13 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2063230)
OMG! :o You are fast!!!...just activated latest patcher, and here an other :rock:
We can't follow you! :rotfl2:

Holidays are great because I don't have that annoying thing called work keeping me away from my computer and my hobbies :cool:

gap 05-26-13 06:36 PM

Quote:

:up:

volodya61 05-26-13 07:38 PM

Quote:

Discrimination based on nationality? :timeout: :haha: :rotfl2:
Your Patcher's new ability doesn't want to get into relationships and to be friends with the Cyrillic :03:

http://s19.postimg.org/626m6sa9v/patcher.jpg

gap 05-26-13 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 2063250)
Your Patcher's new ability doesn't want to get into relationships and to be friends with the Cyrillic :03:

The cold war upon us, again? :huh: :timeout: :wah:

Fifi 05-26-13 08:08 PM

Started to translate the patcher language file...tested and working fine :up:
That's a very nice and easy application now. What a change in few updates!

My only trouble is sometime to find the right french words to match the desired TDW meaning...when the translater didn't build the application :haha:

volodya61 05-26-13 09:09 PM

Quote:

I decided I'll not make Russian translation, I've already done enough detailed Russian manual.. it will suffice..

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2063253)
The cold war upon us, again? :huh: :timeout: :wah:

:o
Why do you think so? :)

TheDarkWraith 05-26-13 10:23 PM

Quote:

I would like to see your language pack for this. There has to be a reason why this is happening and I would like to figure it out :yep: More than likely something to do with Unicode...

TheDarkWraith 05-26-13 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2063256)
Started to translate the patcher language file...tested and working fine :up:
That's a very nice and easy application now. What a change in few updates!

Working with anything in your native language is always easier :D Glad the app is easier to work with now. Now when are you writing some patch files :06:

Fifi 05-26-13 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2063289)
Now when are you writing some patch files :06:

:har: That's a good joke! :nope:

Anyway, here is the French translation for Generic Patcher: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m3...v1.0.105.0.zip

:yeah:

PS: application doesn't read ANY accent like "é" or "à"...better write "e" and "a" otherwise it's an "?" instead!