SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   (REL) Pacific enviroment/ROW/Leovampire and Kriller2 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130150)

baxter 11-11-07 07:23 PM

Leo, I'm glad to hear there may be new airplane sounds on the way...the stock ones sound more like insects than WWII fighters and bombers! :-?

leovampire 11-11-07 07:29 PM

not the new one's I just sampled they sound Awsome

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxter
Leo, I'm glad to hear there may be new airplane sounds on the way...the stock ones sound more like insects than WWII fighters and bombers! :-?

That CD LukeFF got realy has some great engine sound's for the plane's very real and authentic and I can't wait to now hear them in game.

If all goes well maybe Tuesday or Wednesday it will all be ready and agreed apon for release and final.

Angus89 11-11-07 07:30 PM

Love the new warship gun sounds

Made the mistake of being spotted on the surface by a batteship task force. They certainly let me know I'd been. The guns and flying shells sounds are great. Keep up all the great work and thanks.

donut 11-11-07 07:49 PM

We sure do love the sound of the breach block

in the morning:rock: no more watching the loading bar,aim,& fire,from the sound of the breach block slamming home.Man you are/we were there 5"38 USCG Cutter Spencer 1961 Caissons hitting the deck,best yet:yep: :sunny:

leovampire 11-11-07 08:49 PM

I think you will find a winner in the new change of shift sounds

You can hear the door's opening and closing and men running around on the metal stairs and gangway's for the shift change.

And the new crash dive sound is much better.

The new AA gun sound is cool and work's well.

Now just need to hear some of the plane's in game.

Also the torpedo door's opening and closing is louder now.

And no more loud anti sub net's to scare the hell out of you.

Weather-guesser 11-12-07 01:17 AM

Hey guys. You have done a great job from what I see so far! Just started a new campaign with the latest ROW and TM 1.65...it looks outstanding.

I did find one anomoly, but I'm not sure if it's just an old problem coming back up or from changes in ROW. On resurfacing I noticed my forward watchman was missing. I turned on general quarters to see if this would fix the problem and it did...sort of. The watchman that returned was stuck in what could almost be described in a crucified position with outstretched arms. Turning general quarters off brought the original missing watchman back but stuck in the same position.

Saving then reloading the game fixed both problems so this is no big deal at all. About as annoying as the stuck bowplanes if you let it.

The skies and ocean colors are spot on guys. Cant wait to see a storm. You all have made this "sim" a SIMULATOR. :up: Thanks Dave and gang!

P.S. Whom ever did the work on the sub pitching....BRAVO! Feels like a real boat ride now when in the bridge.

DrBeast 11-12-07 05:07 AM

Funny thing about the subnet collision sounds, they don't actually play WHEN you collide with an anti-submarine net...not that I remember, at least (only happened to me once...I don't remember jumping off my chair, so I guess the sound didn't play :rotfl:). Instead, they seem to play at random when you're in the vicinity of an anti-submarine net. Sort of like an Early Warning System :hmm:

And a BIG :up: for more crew sounds! If you could incorporate a few more ambient sounds in the submarine interior sound file it'd be a blast!

Fish40 11-12-07 09:38 AM

I'm really interested in the new sounds pack that is offered here. The only problem is I'm currently useing the "SH4 Ultimate Sound" Mod , and I'm sure that the new sounds in this mod will overwrite some of these sounds. I'm pretty happy with the sounds of the current mod I'm useing, but the impending new AC sounds are going to tip the scale for me.

Has anyone used the Ultimate Sound Mod befor? How do you feel it compares to the new sounds offered in ROW? What are the major differences, and what am I missing? Thanks in advance.

TDK1044 11-12-07 10:25 AM

I really respect the work done regarding ROW, but it's all too fragmented for me. I'd really like a packaged version of ROW that can easily be downloaded and also be incorporated into a mod like Trigger Maru like LBO was.

It was simple then...you downloaded the latest version of TM and you were done. Now there are all these additional files to download, and it's all too complicated now for simpletons like me, so I'm currently not using this mod at all.

Wilcke 11-12-07 10:53 AM

Time for a fresh screen shot of JSGME, install of ROW with TM1.6.5! Would be nice...any volunteers! Oh and maybe one of ROW, TM1.6.5 and NSM
Free drinks!

Wilcke

billko 11-12-07 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044
I really respect the work done regarding ROW, but it's all too fragmented for me. I'd really like a packaged version of ROW that can easily be downloaded and also be incorporated into a mod like Trigger Maru like LBO was.

It was simple then...you downloaded the latest version of TM and you were done. Now there are all these additional files to download, and it's all too complicated now for simpletons like me, so I'm currently not using this mod at all.

A fully packaged ROW would be over 200 MB - not a friendly download for those who want some, but not all, of ROW. It's a tedious thing, figuring it out (and just imagine me, as a tester, trying to integrate the test files), but if you can muster the patience to roll up your sleeves and get down to it, you'll be amply rewarded. :)

Bill

PS - I know how you feel. I waited until SH4speech got simple to install before I tried it.

TDK1044 11-12-07 11:50 AM

I take your point, Bilko, it's a perfectly valid one, but if you read in this Forum and the Ubi Forum, you'll see that a lot of people just want a basic packaged version of ROW (like we had with LBO) that can be downloaded and installed as one mod and that can also be added to the bigger mods like TM.

Another option would be to offer LBO as a separate mod again. :D

Fish40 11-12-07 11:54 AM

[QUOTE]I really respect the work done regarding ROW, but it's all too fragmented for me. I'd really like a packaged version of ROW that can easily be downloaded and also be incorporated into a mod like Trigger Maru like LBO was.

I felt the same way at first. I'm currently useing RFB, and although some parts of ROW, and NSM do overwrite some files in RFB, I have no problems, and the sim never looked better! I guess the best thing to do is to visit the thread everyday to stay on top of things. I know it's not always possible to do so, but there seems to be a new version of this or that comeing out every few days or so. Leo updates the main page (with all the downloads), so everything there should be the latest.

Most of the stuff there could be installed on the go, so no need to return to port. This is still a WIP, and is by no means finished. Although, I can't possibly see how they could improve perfection:up:

java`s revenge 11-12-07 01:54 PM

Hi all,
Great stuff but.....after deinst. old and installing the latest row files i only
can play the turorials. Single missions or a campaign is a no go now.
I get an error msg when the red bar is almost ready...:damn: :damn: :damn:

Digital_Trucker 11-12-07 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by java`s revenge
Hi all,
Great stuff but.....after deinst. old and installing the latest row files i only
can play the turorials. Single missions or a campaign is a no go now.
I get an error msg when the red bad is almost ready...:damn: :damn: :damn:

Might help if we knew what that error message was:roll: Unless of course it's the usual "blahblahblah has encountered a problem.........." in which case it would help to have the further details that you can get by pressing the "whatchamacallit" button (I think it's more details or something like that).