SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] silentmichal's new interior mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200862)

gap 12-31-12 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1986039)
Thats right , the bowl is a seperate object and i just linked the pendulum controller to it in the sim file .

exactly, nice finding sober! :up:

question is: does the current version of TDW's GR2 editor allow adding whole new objects, or rather they have to be merged to yet existing meshes? :hmmm:

silentmichal 12-31-12 08:38 AM

Thank you very much!!! And, BIGREG added new MESH (not subset, mesh) to GR2 file: how did he do it? I also have to create new mesh, because Goblin can't see subset - he can see only meshes :/\\!!.

EDIT

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1986040)
exactly! :up:

question is: does the current version of TDW's GR2 editor allow adding whole new objects, or rather they have to be merged to yet existing meshes? :hmmm:

No, we can't create new object (only TDW know how to do it...) - now we have to merge existing meshes, but I know that creating new mesh is possible.

gap 12-31-12 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 1986041)
Thank you very much!!! And, BIGREG added new MESH (not subset, mesh) to GR2 file: how did he do it? I also have to create new mesh, because Goblin can't see subset - he can see only meshes :/\\!!.

EDIT

No, we can't create new object (only TDW know how to do it...) - now we have to merge existing meshes, but I know that creating new mesh is possible.

I think it is time for wishing BIGREG an happy new year. You were appointed to this task, Michael ;) :D

Madox58 12-31-12 02:43 PM

I don't think he added a new mesh but replaced a mesh.
:hmmm:

That's all I did when importing the type 14 hull to the type 2 gr2 file.
I hand edited the obj files to pull off the import to both the Diffuse and AO channels.

It did not look good in Game when compared to the existing Subs in SH5.
But it did solve the last puzzle to createing obj files that will import with the AO stuff.

silentmichal 12-31-12 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1986232)
I don't think he added a new mesh but replaced a mesh.

That's all I did when importing the type 14 hull to the type 2 gr2 file.
I hand edited the obj files to pull off the import to both the Diffuse and AO channels.

It did not look good in Game when compared to the existing Subs in SH5.
But it did solve the last puzzle to createing obj files that will import with the AO stuff.

Of course he created new mesh! Let's compare number of meshes in my mod (I used BIGREG's file with 4 new meshes), with number of meshes in stock GR2 file... Let's do it please :yep:.

Madox58 12-31-12 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 1986239)
Of course he created new mesh! Let's compare number of meshes in my mod (I used BIGREG's file with 4 new meshes), with number of meshes in stock GR2 file... Let's do it please :yep:.

Give me a link to both files please?
:)

I don't recall the thread where he posted about adding a mesh?

silentmichal 12-31-12 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1986243)
Give me a link to both files please?
:)

I don't recall the thread where he posted about adding a mesh?

Ohhh, I'm sorry, my mistake :oops::oops::oops: :/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

He only renamed four dials to four foods crates, I'm sorry, my fail :/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!.

silentmichal 12-31-12 06:02 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM POLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cybermat47 12-31-12 09:28 PM

Happy New Year from Australia!

Gonna download your mod soon, see how it goes. Can't wait :D

silentmichal 01-01-13 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybermat47 (Post 1986395)
Gonna download your mod soon, see how it goes. Can't wait :D

You didn't download my mod yet :06: Why? Let's do it :up:

And, tomorrow I have to go to school :/\\!!.

going to school == no time for modding :shifty::shifty::shifty:

So, I'll back to modding from 11th February to 24th February... (then I have small holidays, called "winter holidays" :)).

So, goodbye my friends :Kaleun_Crying:

gap 01-01-13 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 1986556)
And, tomorrow I have to go to school :/\\!!.

going to school == no time for modding :shifty::shifty::shifty:

So, I'll back to modding from 11th February to 24th February... (then I have small holidays, called "winter holidays" :)).

So, goodbye my friends :Kaleun_Crying:

:haha: :O:

I wish you happy new year, and outstanding school notes, Michael :yep:

On a side note, yesterday I've thought of a possible workaround for the swinging objects issue. They need to be separate objects, for us to be able giving each of them an obj_pendulum controller, but currently we can't add new meshes/objects to a GR2, right?

So, what about...

1. duplicating an existing GR2; one with many little objects in it, like guns_radars_01.GR2, for instance.

2. Renaming and replacing the existing meshes with new ones, representing lamps, foods, etc. I think TDW's GR2 editor is already supporting it, and privateer is developping a tool that will ease the importation of obj meshes into a GR2. Notice that we won't be adding any new objects: just replacing the existing ones with different meshes.

3. Assigning each of the replaced objects an obj_pendulum controller, through the appropriate sim file.

4. Creating new bones into sub interior GR2's, where we want the swinging objects to be placed, and linking the new bones with the objects themselves (through their IDs). Again, I think this is already perfectly feasible with TDW's GR2 editor.

What do you think? Is this enough for keeping you busy during your winter holydays? :D

silentmichal 01-01-13 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1986648)
:haha: :O:

I wish you happy new year, and outstanding school notes, Michael :yep:

On a side note, yesterday I've thought of a possible workaround for the swinging objects issue. They need to be separate objects, for us to be able giving each of them an obj_pendulum controller, but currently we can't add new meshes/objects to a GR2, right?

So, what about...

1. duplicating an existing GR2; one with many little objects in it, like guns_radars_01.GR2, for instance.

2. Renaming and replacing the existing meshes with new ones, representing lamps, foods, etc. I think TDW's GR2 editor is already supporting it, and privateer is developping a tool that will ease the importation of obj meshes into a GR2. Notice that we won't be adding any new objects: just replacing the existing ones with different meshes.

3. Assigning each of the replaced objects an obj_pendulum controller, through the appropriate sim file.

4. Creating new bones into sub interior GR2's, where we want the swinging objects to be placed, and linking the new bones with the objects themselves (through their IDs). Again, I think this is already perfectly feasible with TDW's GR2 editor.

What do you think? Is this enough for keeping you busy during your winter holydays? :D

Duplicating GR2 files, you're great! The same made Paris_England, when he developed his crew mod... I forgot it! Great ideas gap... I'll do it in winter holidays :yep:.

gap 01-01-13 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 1986702)
Duplicating GR2 files, you're great! The same made Paris_England, when he developed his crew mod... I forgot it! Great ideas gap... I'll do it in winter holidays :yep:.

I am glad you like the idea. On your school books now :03: :D

limkol 01-01-13 02:26 PM

Great work Silentmichal:up:
Good luck with your school stuff:salute:

bart 01-01-13 02:33 PM

Thanks for all your efforts silentmichal, it's much appreciated :up:

Happy new year to you and all the best with your school work. See you again in February. :salute:

Looking forward to more excellent work from you then :rock: