SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 Screenshot & Video thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162521)

AVGWarhawk 02-28-10 04:28 PM

Very nice walkthrough ReFan. Thanks!

Jimbuna 02-28-10 04:32 PM

Well that bloody eye patch is coming off real soon :stare:....as soon as I can mod a glass marble for the eye socket :DL

ReFaN 02-28-10 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1284398)
Very nice walkthrough ReFan. Thanks!

probably a misunderstanding, but thank Shiphunter at marinesims.dk :)

AVGWarhawk 02-28-10 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFaN (Post 1284410)
probably a misunderstanding, but thank Shiphunter at marinesims.dk :)

Ah. No problem. Thanks for finding and posting a link! :yeah:

Michal788 02-28-10 04:45 PM

In the night the environment is red ,but the bulbs are white!! :o:dead:

jlederer 02-28-10 04:48 PM

Ghost sailor

There's a point right near the end of the recently-uploaded Kiel Canal video where there is a sailor standing in the bunks on the right (the bunks are clipping right through his body).

Michal788 02-28-10 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlederer (Post 1284440)
There's a point right near the end of the recently-uploaded Kiel Canal video where there is a sailor standing in the bunks on the right (the bunks are clipping right through his body).

I see LOL.

EgoApocalypse 02-28-10 04:52 PM

Im thinking that as this wil probably be the Swan song of the Silent hunter series of WWII U-Boats and that alot of the hard work has been done by the devs at Ubisoft. That this game is going to shine like SH3 GWX does.

Once all the great dedicated modders get their hands on it.:salute:

GREY WOLF 3 02-28-10 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1284408)
Well that bloody eye patch is coming off real soon :stare:....as soon as I can mod a glass marble for the eye socket :DL

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

jlederer 02-28-10 04:58 PM

No sound of air when blowing tanks?

When he ordered aufblasen, didn't hear any air blowing the tanks...

jlederer 02-28-10 05:02 PM

Crash dive

It would really be great if we had the crew running around and spinning values and such when you executed a crash dive. Didn't see anything like that happen when I heard the "Alarm" bell ring in this video. Would be great if we could mod such things in.

I'm wondering about a couple other things:
1) Are the bunks ever deployed in the fwd torpedo room? Normally they would be except when torpedoes were being serviced (or presumably when the ship was at battlestations and/or reloading torps).
2) Wonder if there is a torpedo reload sequence for the rear tube?

Water in the kiel canal looked nice, I must say.

Sailor Steve 02-28-10 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlederer (Post 1284455)
When he ordered aufblasen, didn't hear any air blowing the tanks...

When I play SH3 - or SH4-UBM - I hear the captain from Das Boot screaming, tanks being blown, the whole thing. There are several great sound files available for just about any sound you can think of. Dropping them into SH5 will be the easiest thing to do.:sunny:

ReFaN 02-28-10 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1284479)
When I play SH3 - or SH4-UBM - I hear the captain from Das Boot screaming, tanks being blown, the whole thing. There are several great sound files available for just about any sound you can think of. Dropping them into SH5 will be the easiest thing to do.:sunny:

Thomsens sound mod! without the talk about Horseshi...everytime you switch from external cam too inside sub.

Jimbuna 02-28-10 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1284479)

Let us hope you are right....after all they did say it would be mod friendly (or words to that effect).

Sailor Steve 02-28-10 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReFaN (Post 1284486)
Thomsens sound mod!

Well, I wasn't going to choose one over the other, but I use DBSM, thank you.:sunny:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Let us hope you are right....after all they did say it would be mod friendly (or words to that effect).

:yep:

But even if it's not as modable as we hope, the sound files are all swap-outs, so it's the easiest thing in the whole game to change.