SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Modern Naval Warfare (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Modern Era Submarine II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245312)

kpv1974 09-24-21 01:47 PM

>> I really hope that this game succeeds. I think we've all been waiting WAY TOO LONG for the next, "Dangerous Waters". Seriously. Where are all the modern times based, indy subsims at? Why are 99% of the sims WWII Uboat sims? Modern subsim stuff is such an untapped area that has so much potential! I really do hope that this subsim succeeds so much. From what it looks like, this is what I've been looking for for YEARS.

I would not be so optimistic :k_confused:

UglyMowgli 09-24-21 08:31 PM

Well WW II sims are "easier" to code and develop since there is tons of documentation, reports, blueprints,....

Serious modern sub sims have to deal with a void of information and rely only on open source documents with all the variations on the data. And the Silent Service is loudly silent so the devs have to speculate on almost everything, except maybe the color of the CO chair.

Julhelm 09-27-21 02:25 AM

Actually it's because the prevailing perception is that 'WW2: Guaranteed sale' whereas Cold War, modern day is seen as abstract and scary. I had to pitch very hard, for years, the concept that ended up becoming Cold Waters.

skin-nl 10-04-21 01:47 PM

@Maslas

Will there be a physical release with a big user guide? :D

The game looks very awesome...definitely a must buy for me :up:

UglyMowgli 10-04-21 05:06 PM

Big one like the one we used to have with Microprose in the 90's? No.

User guides are just a big waste of paper , describing the menus, buttons, screens, .... but never the howto and more importantly the why to use them in a given situation.

I think some will wrote a good tactical guide with missions to play to learn the ropes of the game in depth.

maslas 10-04-21 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2772509)
@Maslas

Will there be a physical release with a big user guide? :D

The game looks very awesome...definitely a must buy for me :up:

Since we are old timers like others in this forum, seeing MNW on a printed version "even a limited one" is like a dream to come true. Getting a hard copy in hand and waiting to check out the contents inside it was the real magic, even the printed label of the floppies was cool to see.

But believe it or not, the decision to a printable version of MNW means a delay in the release from 1 to 6 months depending on various reasons (the size of the book is one of the many).
Furthermore, the publisher might take the initiative to create a printed limited edition after release only if he is absolutely sure that a specific amount of copies are sold for sure else the initiative won't be profitable to him.

Is there a way to make a poll on this thread?

Should a MNW printed version be released?

a. I don't care about papers and boxes just give MNW to the people.
b. If there is a printed version in the day of release I might buy it.
c. I would definitely wait for the additional days for the printed release.
d. Are you serious, I would buy limited edition even a year after release.

UglyMowgli 10-04-21 11:09 PM

a)

Save the trees. I am a treehugger.

http://images.teamhusar.com/MA/LG/BB...0166-00250.jpg

FPSchazly 10-05-21 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslas (Post 2772599)
Since we are old timers like others in this forum, seeing MNW on a printed version "even a limited one" is like a dream to come true. Getting a hard copy in hand and waiting to check out the contents inside it was the real magic, even the printed label of the floppies was cool to see.

But believe it or not, the decision to a printable version of MNW means a delay in the release from 1 to 6 months depending on various reasons (the size of the book is one of the many).
Furthermore, the publisher might take the initiative to create a printed limited edition after release only if he is absolutely sure that a specific amount of copies are sold for sure else the initiative won't be profitable to him.

Is there a way to make a poll on this thread?

Should a MNW printed version be released?

a. I don't care about papers and boxes just give MNW to the people.
b. If there is a printed version in the day of release I might buy it.
c. I would definitely wait for the additional days for the printed release.
d. Are you serious, I would buy limited edition even a year after release.

You have to make a new thread for the poll :D

maslas 10-05-21 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2772710)
You have to make a new thread for the poll :D

Done...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...21&postcount=1

Good idea!

:Kaleun_Cheers:

skin-nl 10-06-21 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslas (Post 2772599)

Thanks Maslas for the reply

We need no delay :03:
But a printed limited edition after release would be nice :salute:

crestofawave 12-21-21 06:47 AM

very late i guess to this party, but this looks really good, a more up to date/epic mods cold waters :)
look forward to this a will deff buy, where will you market it? steam/gog etc
price point? and any more info on how its coming on?

zachanscom 01-20-22 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crestofawave (Post 2783958)
very late i guess to this party, but this looks really good, a more up to date/epic mods cold waters :)
look forward to this a will deff buy, where will you market it? steam/gog etc
price point? and any more info on how its coming on?

price point irrelevant. i will plop down 100 usd right now for early access and so will many others. cold waters cannot compare, it's more of an updated smart phone game. this is more like a pc sim built from the ground up. we have not seen this even attempted in 20+ years.

UglyMowgli 01-20-22 03:52 PM

No early access.
This is a hardcore sim with different accessibility level from the veteran submariner to the little 10 years old Kevin who dream to be the CO of the next gen submarine

Felipius 07-28-22 02:32 AM

Another customer here.
Looking forward to see the sim running on my pc...

Fearless 07-28-22 03:40 AM

Yes, Bring it on already..:Kaleun_Cheers: