SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433)

SashaKA001 03-26-11 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unionemerald (Post 1628368)
I know it's all quite logic to you, but not really to me.
First of all, I'm not familiar with a hex editor (used it for the first time), and second, english isn't my mother tongue. So I try to understand your explanation given in post #1, but it's not that simple. All what I'm asking for, is to give me a simple and clear example on how to change the colours of the toolmarks into the other possible colours.
B.T.W. I know you're doing one hell of a job with this game, but you must understand that a big part of the members on this forum (unfortunately) don't have the same knowledge like you. Otherwise SH5 would be a perfect game in no time!

http://i3.imageban.ru/out/2011/03/26...cde58dac9a.jpg

ETsd4 03-26-11 04:01 PM

Example to change protractor-lines to dark-blue with 100% opacity:

Go to address 0x1063E5.
You will fiind there the hex-values

Code:

FF222222
or
Code:

4B444444
or
Code:

FE111188
or this
Code:

EE000000

Overwrite the given value with your choosen hex-value for dark-blue,100% opacity:

Code:

FF00008B
Then save the modified file.
That's it.

TheDarkWraith 03-26-11 04:16 PM

I'm writing an application that will patch the SH5.exe file by reading patch files (in my patch format). Should have it available soon :up: You'll be able to enable/disable patches by clicking with mouse. You'll be able to choose colors by literally picking the color from a color dialog box.

SashaKA001 03-26-11 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1628406)
I'm writing an application that will patch the SH5.exe file by reading patch files (in my patch format). Should have it available soon :up: You'll be able to enable/disable patches by clicking with mouse. You'll be able to choose colors by literally picking the color from a color dialog box.

fine:up:

TheDarkWraith 03-26-11 06:52 PM

SH5 Patcher application available at post #1 :|\\

stoianm 03-26-11 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1621039)
SH5Patcher application written by moi:

SH5 Patcher available here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20162...SH5_Patcher_7z

Très bon travail comme d'habitude ... Merci beaucoup ... et vous parlez aussi français, monsieur?:DL

TheDarkWraith 03-26-11 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1628559)
How do i use this patcher ? I cannot figure it out .

When you unzip the archive there is a folder. Inside that folder is the patcher application and an s5p file. Run the patcher application by double-clicking the exe file. You open the s5p file with the patcher (file-->open). Text in red is double-clickable and when double-clicked will do something. You can also backup and restore your sh5.exe file by file-->Backup sh5.exe and file-->restore sh5.exe if you want to play around with it.

TheDarkWraith 03-26-11 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1628572)
I put the 4 files in the silent hunter 5 game folder .
I go into sh5 patcher and open TDW_SH5_Patches .
I get a message that says c:\Games\ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\sh5.exe doesnt exist .

no reason to put the 4 files in your SH5 folder. Just put the extracted folder from the archive somewhere in your c: drive (or whatever drive is your system drive).

Oh yeah I forgot to remove an entry in that s5p file :oops: Open the s5p file with notepad and replace the path:

[EXE]
Path=c:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\

replace the highlighted text with the path to your silent hunter 5 folder or leave it blank to have an open file dialog box open up so you can select it's location.

EDIT:

link at post #1 for patcher app updated to reflect v1.1 of it

THE_MASK 03-26-11 08:00 PM

Downloaded 1.1 , works brilliantly thanks :yeah:

pascal4541 03-26-11 08:12 PM

Thank you TheDarkWraith :salute:
Very easy to use...It's perfect
He still took some time to understand ...:DL

unionemerald 03-27-11 01:57 AM

Thanks a lot TheDarkWraith! This makes it a lot more easy to change the colours. Indeed very easy to use. :yeah:

Finding the proper hex-values wasn't the problem, but I didn't know the specific values to use for the different colours.
Thanks Teiwaz for the website link, and SashaKAOO1 and ETsd4 for the extra explanation. :salute:

THE_MASK 03-27-11 05:30 AM

I have no real navigation marks now .

brandtryan 03-27-11 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1628786)

Sober--don't know if this is your problem, or just specific to me.

Any scale past the scale in screenshot (any more zoom in) and I cannot place supermarks. I have to zoom out to level in screenie to be able to place a SM.

http://thephotonwrangler.com/galleries/sm.jpg

TheDarkWraith 03-27-11 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1628786)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandtryan (Post 1628849)
Sober--don't know if this is your problem, or just specific to me.

Any scale past the scale in screenshot (any more zoom in) and I cannot place supermarks. I have to zoom out to level in screenie to be able to place a SM.

what changed for both of you that has caused this? I have all patches enabled and experience no problems :hmmm:

ETsd4 03-27-11 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=brandtryan;1628849]Sober--don't know if this is your problem, or just specific to me.

/QUOTE]

I have this problem too. But its not caused by tweaking some specific addresses of the sh5.exe-file. It is a problem of the NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith (and probably with your screen-resulotion). A good work-around to get rid of the problem is to change the position of the super-mark with V after you have set your super-mark. Thats what i do. I have installed NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith v6.0.0.