PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock video

SUBMAN1
10-16-06, 04:02 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/255082/bioshock_scary_stuff/

P_Funk
10-16-06, 05:38 PM
That game looks to be as close to a piece of art as a game can be! But I think I'll need a new box before I can dream of playing that.

SUBMAN1
10-16-06, 05:42 PM
That game looks to be as close to a piece of art as a game can be! But I think I'll need a new box before I can dream of playing that.

My box is decked out, and even I think it could be an issue too!

-S

Detritus
10-17-06, 06:21 AM
Here's another one, 'Developer Commentary'. Sweet is the word.

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/793/793105/vids_1.html

kiwi_2005
10-17-06, 08:54 AM
This is actually System Shock 3. Ive been following the progress of this game since i found out about it. Yep no doubt it will be an 'edge of your seat only play with the lights on' shocker game.

I remeber playing SS 2 completly freaked me out lol "We Are We Are" soon as i would hear that it was run to the nearest room shut the door and reload man!

SubSerpent
10-17-06, 05:00 PM
Looks Impressive! Doesn't come out till spring of next year though! :damn:

Hopefully it won't be pushed back anymore!

SUBMAN1
10-18-06, 04:11 PM
Looks Impressive! Doesn't come out till spring of next year though! :damn:

Hopefully it won't be pushed back anymore!

Two words - Duke Nukem!

madDdog67
10-20-06, 10:37 AM
This is a 360 game, right? I think I d'led a demo of it. I'll have to check my HD when I get home tonight...I've got so many demos, I've lost track. I've definitely seen this somewhere besides here.

As for System Shock 2, that's *still* on my hd. Believe it or not, it runs under XP. Absolutely when of the best games ever.

SUBMAN1
10-20-06, 11:27 AM
This is a 360 game, right? I think I d'led a demo of it. I'll have to check my HD when I get home tonight...I've got so many demos, I've lost track. I've definitely seen this somewhere besides here.

As for System Shock 2, that's *still* on my hd. Believe it or not, it runs under XP. Absolutely when of the best games ever.

System SHock 2's shock factor (pun intended) is what made it what it is. Good story, with twists thrown in. Wow! I have no idea why that game didn't lfy off the shelves! Sales were only so so, but I'd pay $100 for a game that is as good as it was if I had to! If you can't tell, I am bored with games lately. Too cookie cutter. All the twists to the story in SS2 don't exist today, the eerie feeling doesn't exist anymore, nothing. Bioshock looks to fixx that problem once more!

-S

kiwi_2005
10-20-06, 08:05 PM
Too cookie cutter. All the twists to the story in SS2 don't exist today, the eerie feeling doesn't exist anymore, nothing. Bioshock looks to fixx that problem once more!

-S

I hope so. Bioshock and Stalker bring back gaming to how it was. I still rate some old games as real class compared to the same catagory of games today, for instance im yet to see rpg game as good as the first "Fallout" game completly non-linear (sandbox) with really only two tasks to do to complete the mission: Find a waterchip for your vault and kill or otherwise stop the baddie. There was a quick way around you could complete this 30 something hr game in 2 hrs if you knew where to go. Yet their was heaps of different endings and some missions had more than 6 or 7 different options on how you wanted to do the mission.

Bort
10-20-06, 10:18 PM
Yuck. I think I'll stick to sims and Splinter Cell!:o

Bort
05-31-07, 08:38 PM
In case any of you are wondering more about this game, there's another video with 7 minutes of gameplay. Pleasant.

7 Minutes of BioShock (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ABj4Gdul4Do)

Bort
08-22-07, 11:55 PM
The Demo was released yesterday!

I decided to bite the bullet and download since further videos have convinced me it isn't as gory as it once appeared.

I tried it and I think it is a really cool looking game, maybe I'll pick it up in a week or two after first impressions go through and I can see whether it's good or not. :yep:

Reaves
08-23-07, 12:23 AM
Going to get it off steam. Much cheaper with the exchange rate, they still charge Au$89.95 - $100 from ebgames.

Tikigod
08-23-07, 04:44 AM
I actually saw a tv commercial for the pc version of this game. I almost fell over. :o I can't remember the last time I saw a pc gaming advertisement on television.

scrapser
08-28-07, 11:46 AM
I just finished playing Bioshock on my PC. I bought it last Thursday and installed it around 7 PM and started playing. The next thing I knew it was 1:30 AM. It was like that every time I started playing it each day.

All I can say is...Get this game! It's unlike anything I've ever played and is absolutely gorgeous. I've been gaming since 1984.

Biggles
08-28-07, 12:43 PM
Those Big Brothers sure looks dangerous....I bet they're easy to tick off too....

GlobalExplorer
08-28-07, 12:49 PM
Bioshock is crippleware. It will not allow you to install it more than x times and you need an internet connection in order to activate it.

I cannot express what I think of that because subsim does not allow to use foul language.

Wont buy.

Biggles
08-28-07, 01:00 PM
I've heard about this. You may only install on two computer as the same time. But you are free to re-install on those two as much as you want.

GlobalExplorer
08-28-07, 01:33 PM
Its much more complicated than that, and completely pointless.

Bottom line is that someone thought it would be a good idea if losers called customers would not overly enjoy their product. So they made sure it would stop working after some time.

The only right answer is to keep your money and give them a hard time wherever you can.

Btw, SS and SS2 were really cool, but I dont buy the hype about Bioshock. It sounds like its really well done in terms of story, graphics sound, but it's still a linear fps afterall, and its not like there are no alternatives in that genre.

scrapser
08-28-07, 01:50 PM
Go to Tom's Hardware for a full explanation of the problems with installing/uninstalling Bioshock, how many times you're allowed, the mistakes in communication between the security company, the publisher, and the rest of it.

Right now, Take Two has admitted everything is a mess and they know people are angry. They have already increased the number of installs to five but uninstalling does not "give back" one of your previous "installs" right now. They are working on the problem and indicated they intend to drop the whole online security approach completely as it's obviously not working.

Tom's has tested every new arrangement so far and there are still problems. Changing your motherboard will trigger needing a new activation as will installing a new operating system.

Overall, the whole thing is very messy. I'm glad I only have one computer that I just finished building and installing WinXP and Vista as a dual boot. The problem doesn't affect me and will probably be resolved before it ever will. I would say get the game and keep yourself informed on where everything stands.

The game is incredible.

GlobalExplorer
08-28-07, 01:58 PM
You forgot to post the link:

http://www.twitchguru.com/2007/08/27/bioshock_drm/

antikristuseke
08-28-07, 02:36 PM
I just finished playing Bioshock on my PC. I bought it last Thursday and installed it around 7 PM and started playing. The next thing I knew it was 1:30 AM. It was like that every time I started playing it each day.

All I can say is...Get this game! It's unlike anything I've ever played and is absolutely gorgeous. I've been gaming since 1984.

Iv been a pc gamer since 86, nice to see "veterans".:lol:

Anyhow ill be geting the game as soon as the delivery company twats bother bringing it over and will let everyone here know how it runs on something as outdated as mine.

Opty 165 @ 3ghz
2gb 3-4-3-8 272 mhz ram
7800gtx 256mb

SUBMAN1
08-28-07, 06:47 PM
Iv been a pc gamer since 86, nice to see "veterans".:lol:

I am the Vetran of Vetrans in PC gaming! :p I've played since the original Flight sim was 'the game'! Of course, I moved up to JET at one point! Hopefully I'm not dating myself???

-S

SUBMAN1
08-28-07, 06:57 PM
You forgot to post the link:

http://www.twitchguru.com/2007/08/27/bioshock_drm/

Ouch! I don't want that Sony garbage on my computer, so I'll wait till it is removed!!!

-S

Tikigod
08-28-07, 07:02 PM
...or you could just buy a console and play the console version. there is no installation there and you can play it on as many different systems as you like. but, don't forget to gripe and complain that you rather have the same treatment for the pc....

The only right answer is to keep your money and give them a hard time wherever you can.

I like these videos by the way:

Walkthrough Gameplay Features
Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy6hWyhq_hc
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVDTWMrjde4

Hunting the Big Daddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OygxkgewEhU

SUBMAN1
08-28-07, 07:13 PM
I don't need to anymore. I just looked on gamecopyworld and a crack already exists for the single player portion. DRM is stupid since a crack will always appear within days of release anyway. I think most people who game want to support the companies that make great games too, so why hinder us? It doesn't stop the pirates, just slows them down slightly. Anyway, I'm annoyed at this protection - This also sound like Sony's doing again, and not Take2.

I only wish Sony will tank as a company one day. They make products of hinderance anymore.

-S

Safe-Keeper
08-28-07, 09:09 PM
Ugh. No thanks. Modern 'let's buther teens in the most disgusting way possible'-style horror movies aren't scary to me, but horror games... uh, no. Not for me.

As for only being allowed to install so and so many times, tough luck. Yes, it's annoying (I once bought a mission editor for $10 Australian dollars, and it required me to e-mail the dev for a new code every time I wanted to reinstall it, ugh), but hey, it's a desperate measure by an industry facing swarms of pirates. Don't want devs to implement ridiculous anti-piracy measures? Stop giving them reason to. It's that simple.

kiwi_2005
08-29-07, 01:20 AM
Its a toss up between Bioshock or Crysis for me.

Crysis is the winner:)

Crysis wont be so PC demanding as bioshock from what ive read.

SUBMAN1
08-29-07, 10:32 AM
Its a toss up between Bioshock or Crysis for me.

Crysis is the winner:)

Crysis wont be so PC demanding as bioshock from what ive read.

Just get them both. I plan to.

Egan
09-02-07, 06:38 AM
Well, reinstall issues or not, I'm enjoying 'Bioshock' quite a bit. It's a beautiful looking game that runs perfectly on my system with everything turned up. 3.8 p4, a factory overclocked 7950 and 2 gig of ram @16 x 12 with everything ramped up and no slowdown at all so far. First time in a long time I've been able to say that about a new release.

The first time I saw a Big Daddy in action I was blown away. I love the artwork - all the faded and crumbling art deco stylings. A linear shooter it might be underneath but it's damn good fun so far. :up:

Dowly
09-03-07, 05:35 AM
Hmm... well... what can I say... another hyped game that comes to be just another average shooter. The story in the beginning of the game is almost non-existent. And I was kinda disappointed how 'clean' it is, I was expecting a twisted & gory game similar to Fallouts, heck if I shoot someone to the head with a fecking shotgun I want to see his brain splatter all over! And what the feck is the little girl doing there!? I cant even kill her! It's okay for her to go around the bodies, stabbing them with a huge *ss needle but it isnt ok for me to whack the heck out of her? She's disturbed and needs obviously some wrench-treatment.

Oh well, let's see how the later part of the game goes.

claybirdd
11-03-08, 07:06 PM
I know this is a very old thread but I just bought the game on D2D for 17.95
Man what a game I am very rarely so impressed with a linear FPS. anyways Love it and just letting everyone know:up:

stabiz
11-03-08, 08:09 PM
Yes, its very good, probably one of the best since Half Life 2.

D'biter
11-09-08, 08:20 PM
1 year till Sea of Dreams comes out

Falkirion
11-09-08, 10:18 PM
Bioshock while good cant hold my attention. Rapture just scares the crap out of me. I've taken out a few big daddies and boy do they take a pounding

claybirdd
11-10-08, 03:15 AM
I have developed a new technique for overcoming the Big Daddy. Simply intentionaly screw up hacking a vending machine while a big daddy is near. Usually the alarm will activate and send out heli-turrets. when this occurs just hit the bigdaddy with the "security bullseye" plasmid and sit back and watch the show. Usually takes about 3 times plus an exploding buckround. Saves ammo, med kits, and time:lol: . Still lovin the game.