PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Storm (Vaporware?)

scrapser
10-04-06, 05:10 PM
I've been diligently checking with every store listed on the North American website for Pacific Storm every day this week. I live in Maryland. Nobody's even heard of it! Has anyone actually seen this game? I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another fiasco like other games that get released using a half-baked approach. I'm also concerned as a Subsim member from Germany has already given his take on the game in another thread and it doesn't sound very promising.

scrapser

SeaWolf IV
10-04-06, 05:36 PM
I found my copy at Walmart about 3 days ago. I am having major CTD issues when flying planes with a joystick though.

timetraveller
10-05-06, 07:46 AM
Keep checking your Walmarts. It'll eventually show up. I finally found mine yesterday, Oct. 4. $10 cheaper at Walmart too. Or order it off the Internet. Amazon has it, EBGames lists it, etc.

TT

Onkel Neal
10-05-06, 08:02 AM
They sent me a review copy earlier this week, the game does exist and so far, looks interesting.

If you are thinking of ordering the game through Amazon, please check the Subsim store page (http://www.subsim.com/store.html)and enter Pacific Storm in the search box. It costs nothing extra for the buyer and it allows Subsim to receive a small commission for selling the game. I know Wal-Mart is popular but they don't have subsim forums. ;) Keeping the server bills paid runs around $585 a month and we could use your support. :up:

Full review of Pacific Storm coming soon, cheers.
Neal

scrapser
10-06-06, 10:53 AM
Thanks, I found it finally at a Gamestop. Had I read this thread again before going there, I would have ordered it through the Subsim store. I installed it last night and tried the first training campaign lesson. It does look very interesting. Users will have to develop their skills to prevent being overwhelmed with management tasks.

The camera movement seems a bit sensitive even when using the CTRL and ALT keys. I'll have to check if this is tied to the mouse sensitivity adjustment but I doubt it (I increased sensitivity when I first configured the sim). If not, hopefully a patch will include an adjustment or maybe it's in a config file somewhere.

scrapser