PDA

View Full Version : III, IV, or both?

Hueywolf123
10-04-06, 12:15 AM
So, when SH-IV is released, who will remain with SH-III, who will change over/move on, and who will do both sims?

LoneTraveller
10-04-06, 12:24 AM
I will have to try out IV before deciding if it's worth staying only with it

ecm747x
10-04-06, 01:26 AM
I marked both of them. I will try out SH4 and see how it is. I like the GW mod for SH3 so will keep playing it too. I like the German u-boats....

Dantenoc
10-04-06, 02:25 AM
How can you expect an answer when nobody has had the opportunity to play SHIV yet? :down:

Anything could happen. SHIV could suck, in which case we'll go back to SHIII. Or SHIV could just be a Pacific remake of SHIII with some bits and pieces added, in which case we'll probably play both or maybe migrate to the new one, or... SHIV could be significantly improved in key gameplay issues, making it impossible to go back to SHIII even if you tried.

HunterICX
10-04-06, 03:08 AM
I stay with SH3, and I check out the SHIV ofcourse, and then I play them both...depends on my mood, when I want to be naughy I pick SH3, if I want to be good I pick SHIV :rotfl:

Pants
10-04-06, 03:13 AM
I dont know what i'll do to be honest, i like SH3 but i also like the idea of going up against the IJN, but my main passion is flying...so i will buy SH4, but no doubt i will play BattleStations midway instead ;)

Jimbuna
10-04-06, 06:58 AM
Obviously I will have to wait and see how good SH4 is but I fervently hope it will be so good that I will be playing both :D

STEED
10-04-06, 07:30 AM
BOTH. :smug:

Rhodes
10-04-06, 08:43 AM
:-?Both games for me to, but only if SH 4 run in my PC...:-?

Respenus
10-04-06, 09:17 AM
Both is the ONLY answer!

And of course, like many, I REALLY :yep: like U-Boats :rock:

Dietrich
10-04-06, 10:40 AM
I'll probably stick with SH3, and wait for SH5 to come out. The Pacific theatre doesn't hold much interest for me, so it'll be the next German U-Boat sim that I'll be waiting for.

Sailor Steve
10-04-06, 10:42 AM
Both, no question.:ping:

The General
10-04-06, 10:45 AM
I don't mean to be mean but this post should win an award for having the most redundant poll ever!

AVGWarhawk
10-04-06, 11:45 AM
I suspect SH4 will be every bit as good as SH3. I would also like to believe that all that was learned with SH3, bugs, fixes, great mods like GW will follow into SH4. If all of these elements are considered for SH4, it will be every bit as good as SH3. There is no doubt it could be worse than SH3. Basically it is the same but new areas of patrol in American steel! What would be key if both games could be combined like IL2 did. Now you would have an awesome multiplayer game. At any rate, I will probably move on to SH4!:up:

Respenus
10-04-06, 11:56 AM
I always liked the playbility of SH1.

SH2 was a REALLY bad, IMO, game as I never liked it.

SH3 is a EXCELLENT copy of SH2 (with upgrades of course).

We can only hope that SH4 is a better copy of SH1, or it could go the way around and be worse.

*goes to make an old comp and relieve his glory days of SH1 :smug:*

WilhelmSchulz.
10-04-06, 02:04 PM
I will atempet to ply both but I think might become harder and haredr.

Hueywolf123
10-04-06, 04:52 PM
I don't mean to be mean but this post should win an award for having the most redundant poll ever!
Please, forgive me for being curious and asking a question

CWorth
10-04-06, 05:05 PM
Please, forgive me for being curious and asking a question

Just ignore him.
He seems to be one for stirring up trouble by reading previous posts of his.:roll: :nope:

I for one will be using both when they come out.

bookworm_020
10-04-06, 05:50 PM
I'll keep going with SHIII, but also play SHIV when it's relaesed. The I can play all over the world.

Grrbob25
10-04-06, 07:20 PM
Both, maybe, AI subs decides it all for me, if they dont have em, it will just be like Windows XP, the same thing with a different skin (WinXP uses the Win2k engine with a fancy graphical interface)

Deep-Six
10-04-06, 10:00 PM
Play both:yep: :D

TarJak
10-06-06, 06:59 AM
I'm going to wait and see. If the modding community gets behind it I'll probably go for it. If not then I haven't seen much that makes it really look that much more than a revamp of III. (I just know I'll get flamed for that but WTF).

Jimbuna
10-06-06, 07:59 AM
I'm going to wait and see. If the modding community gets behind it I'll probably go for it. If not then I haven't seen much that makes it really look that much more than a revamp of III. (I just know I'll get flamed for that but WTF).

Why should you get flamed TarJak? All you are doing is giving your opinion to a post! :D

AVGWarhawk
10-06-06, 08:06 AM

Its your opinion and probably a correct opinion...a revamp of SH3. But, U-boats/submarines did the same thing in both theaters of war so it HAS to be a revamp. It can not be anything else. What will be nice about it is a new theater of war with different ships/subs. There was a lot of happy folks when the Modders created new flotillas and ships, etc. There will be a lot lf happy folks with the SH4 because there are new places to go and new ships to sink. Also, we get to see palm trees on the sunny beaches:rock:. Also I hope they mod in the phosphoresant glow the water takes on in the Pacific leaving a long trail. Yeah it gives away your position but you can also follow the merchants trail as well:up:. Furthermore, the US subs were concider true submarines that could stay under longer than U-boats with the A/C and air scrubbers. It will be a different ball game in many respects. Also, I hope what was learned with SH3 and the mods the community made will hit the disc on the first burn of SH4 and then be sold. I truly appreciate what the modders have done with SH3 and UBI should cut a few a check for the job keeping this sim alive. I believe all will find this new SH4 a true MASTERPIECE:up: