PDA

View Full Version : This is so nice of you...

Warmonger
10-02-06, 11:08 AM
Well, cruising west of Scapa Flow I found a fishing boat and decided to have some fun with my AA guns. So after closing in to a few hundred meters I mistakenly manouver into a position that would enable the boat to ram me.

And what does it do?

Like a German ship it stops, waits until I reverse back just enough to get out of the way and then takes up speed again. :D

Torvald Von Mansee
10-02-06, 11:10 AM
How polite of it. I hope you didn't kill it.

Respenus
10-02-06, 11:13 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This reminds me of a destroyer in the training mission when you attack the convoy.

Sometimes it will ram you and sometimes it will go reverse when seeing you, let you pass, not firing, and then go to full speed and shooting the hell out of you!

So the saying that the British are always polite is really true :hmm:

Warmonger
10-02-06, 11:18 AM
How polite of it. I hope you didn't kill it. No I didn't because I ran out of AA ammo (had just a single 20mm). :D

So I let it go but not before it handed over the full load of lobsters, yummy!

Sailor Steve
10-02-06, 11:28 AM
Well, since you are treating each other so well, I hope you were kind enough to pay for those lobsters. That's a lot of work on their part.

Of course, British authorities might want to know where they got all those Reichmarks!:o

Boris
10-02-06, 01:06 PM
The last thing some poor fisherman wants to do is ram a uboat, he'll destroy his boat and his livlihood :lol:

I swear I've had a ship as large as an armed trawler try to ram me and blow itself up in the process.