PDA

View Full Version : Independence War 2

supposedtobeworking
09-28-06, 02:44 PM
Hi all, I wanted to ask if anybody here is into Independence War 2 Edge of Chaos? I found a review on gamespot raving about the open-ended gameplay and ability to pilot sizeable ships, not just fighters, and it sounds pretty cool. I am thinking about picking up a used copy of it but wanted to get some trusted subsim user opinions first. thanks.

NeonSamurai
09-29-06, 10:44 AM
Never heard of it myself, though i wonder if you would easily be able to find a used copy of it given its 5 years old

SUBMAN1
10-01-06, 11:17 AM
Addicting. Time consuming. Just one more mission syndrome. Enough said.

-S

bradclark1
10-01-06, 02:32 PM
I have it but I haven't played it beyond the tutorial stage. The only complaint I heard (I research a game befor I buy it.) was that the story line wasn't as good as the original. However the do your own thing side is outstanding.

docnobby
10-05-06, 09:41 AM
I really loved that game!

The story, well... not really great. But doing your own thing and pirating the gallaxy, thats fun! :arrgh!:

Only thing I didn't like, you always have the same cockpit no matter if piloting a fighter or a capital ship. :down:

SUBMAN1
10-08-06, 12:01 AM
I have it but I haven't played it beyond the tutorial stage. The only complaint I heard (I research a game befor I buy it.) was that the story line wasn't as good as the original. However the do your own thing side is outstanding.

The tutorial stage had the worst story ever! Yeah - you need to play it till you turn about 30 years old before it gets entertaining. The tutorial is just that - to teach you the basics before you head off to prison.

-S

SUBMAN1
10-08-06, 12:06 AM
Incase anyone wants to completely overhaul and add a whole new game to Iwar2, here is a link for you:

http://www.torn-stars.com/

This will add the Merchant class to your abilities too so that you can create a space empire Elite style.

-S

SUBMAN1
10-08-06, 12:15 AM
Since we are on the subject of Mods, here is a second Mod that will completely transform Iwar 2:

http://mods.firstones.com/buda5/iwar2/index.html

I can't understand how this TV show could have been on TV for so long, yet no one ever made a game around it? It must have been its Newtonian physics that scared off the devs. Anyway, since Iwar 2 is newtonian based already, it is the perfect engine to take on this task.

Beware the Narn!

-S