PDA

View Full Version : Vmod0906

Wave Skipper
09-26-06, 03:06 PM
This is the old Red Brow - lost my info on my old log in, and don't care to search for it.
got an email about how to down load my old Vmod that I posted last Spring and so I am here to up that info. The old Vmod had many flaws, some that were only pointed out to me last July. I fixed it in mid Sept. and added a warning txt about the dullness of my mod (after 1940 till 1943), and have zipped it up in Vmod0906.zip, now found for a short time at: http://rapidshare.de/files/34541085/Vmod0906.zip.html

There are so many new games I haven't given much thought to SH3. However I am working on a Mad-Max version of my Vmod to create really what I was out to create in the beginning: one big shoot-out lasting for an entire career.

There is also an older copy of Vmod at http://www.mpgtext.net/u-boot/ but it is full of flaws and I don't want to go to the trouble to sending a new copy to this site.

Glad some are still finding fun in SH3.

Oh, I just finished a book about Otto Kretschmer, and he mentions at least 3 times firing his deck gun during storms. In one storm the waves were very high (blocking view in between waves, with his boat riding up on them like small mountains) and he mentioned that all his shots missed. But in another storm where it describes: "howling wind and tormented sea" his crew scored 50 hits with HE and phosphorous shells. I suppose men like him were just like Bumble Bees, too stupid to know that they couldn't fly. And that was always my opinion, uboaters and submariners in WWII just had to much testosterone to worry about waves and storms when red meat was before their guns.

His account also mentioned the U-boat getting knocked around on to its side by DCs. So it seems that SH3 is not so silly after all concerning this effect.

Good hunting! :D

The Noob
09-26-06, 03:44 PM
Red Brow? Hey, Welcome you old Bugger! :up:

Vmod isn't dead jet, as it seems. Happy to see you still working on this! :D