PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "Add caption or speech bubbles to this picture"-thread

Safe-Keeper
09-23-06, 09:52 AM
I experimented with the Fishing Boat's EQP file today for my own secret purposes (I got me a little project I'll reveal soon enough), and after achieving my goal I went into the EQP file again and, just for fun, gave it this little bugger. It's quite hilarious to encounter one of these in-game.

Then I realized it had the potential for some funny captions or speech bubbles, hence - this thread.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2605/norwegianfishingindustryot3.jpg
If picture doesn't show, clicking here might help. (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=norwegianfishingindustryot3.jpg)

Winner gets a hug:p.

U-104
09-23-06, 10:58 AM
when the kapitan looked through his binoculars, he knew the debate of right or wrong to sink a fishing boat, was over.

STEED
09-23-06, 11:42 AM
I think the whole of the U-Boat crew would be.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: after seeing the worlds dumbest ship.

Warmonger
09-23-06, 12:01 PM
"The wharf insists it didn't mix any construction plans!"

Safe-Keeper
09-23-06, 12:03 PM
U-104: Excellent:lol:!

Keep 'em coming!

I think the whole of the U-Boat crew would be..... after seeing the worlds dumbest ship.I think the recoil might have presented a problem, yes.

"The wharf insists it didn't mix any construction plans!"I have my doubts.

LZ_Baker
09-23-06, 02:48 PM
Gives new meaning to the term pocket battleship

Biggles
09-23-06, 02:56 PM
"FISHING BOAT WITH BATTLESHIP CANNONS!!!!" cried poor Bernard, but tragicaly, noone belived him, since he has always been the boy screaming "fishing boat with battleship cannons"..................

I did my best:shifty:

U-104
09-23-06, 03:00 PM
good one.:rotfl::rotfl:

Biggles
09-23-06, 03:01 PM
good one.:rotfl::rotfl:

it was too long, but still.....

DanBiddle
09-23-06, 03:03 PM
"Captain to the bridge!! We're being attacked by the Norwegian Navy!"
"What Nav...Ah"

Safe-Keeper
09-23-06, 04:08 PM
Lots of good stuff here.

I'll give you my verdict on Monday (you might need good news then, if you're one of those who dislike that day:p).

I've come up with a pair of captions myself, but I don't want to share them out of fear that someone else might think of them and want to post them.

Mauser KAR98K
09-23-06, 04:18 PM
How Norwegian rednecks fish. "Dynamite, you don't need no stinking dynamite. Just two 8 inchers and HE shells.

MothBalls
09-23-06, 04:45 PM
"Ask the cook where he got those mushrooms he put in tonights stew"

Biggles
09-23-06, 06:00 PM
"Ask the cook where he got those mushrooms he put in tonights stew"

bloody nice one:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh, intern joke for all norweigans......this really proofs that you are a bit crazier than we swedes!:lol:

Safe-Keeper
09-23-06, 06:22 PM
"Ask the cook where he got those mushrooms he put in tonights stew":rotfl:Awesome. I'd never have thought of that one.

stabiz
09-23-06, 07:47 PM
"Why are the fishnets deployed?"
"Counter weigth, stupid."

Dowly
09-23-06, 07:54 PM
Kaleun: -"Verdammten Vikings, always showing off!"

Onkel Neal
09-23-06, 09:10 PM
when the kapitan looked through his binoculars, he knew the debate of right or wrong to sink a fishing boat, was over.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

CCIP
09-23-06, 09:42 PM
Germany's explanation of why they invaded the neutral Norway.

Anyone remember...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=83595

THE_MASK
09-23-06, 09:53 PM
BERNARD forget the recognition manual YOU DUMBKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuddley3
09-24-06, 12:48 AM
I think this is FUBARS way of saying "Size Matters".

Grrbob25
09-24-06, 01:00 AM
"Due to lack of funds to build battleships, the norweigen navy has developed the battletrawler"

Engel der Vernichtung
09-24-06, 01:48 AM
"Bernard... it's for you. I think it's your ex-wife come to collect."

Warmonger
09-24-06, 02:04 AM
For those with historical knowledge about the German navy: ;)

2 new sailors on the trawler talk:
"Where did the captain get this one heck of a gun?"
"Dunno, all I know is that he was fishing in the Oslo fjord for some time..."

Biggles
09-24-06, 05:20 AM
"Bernard... it's for you. I think it's your ex-wife come to collect."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

stabiz
09-24-06, 05:33 AM
For those with historical knowledge about the German navy: ;)

2 new sailors on the trawler talk:

:rotfl:

Trygvasson
09-24-06, 06:00 AM
... And EVERYBODY THOUGHT THEY WERE REAL GUNS!!!!

HunterICX
09-24-06, 08:40 AM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2889/norwegianfishingindustryot32yx7.jpg

bookworm_020
09-24-06, 06:14 PM
"I knew they were a little angry after I cut their nets, but I didn't think they would hold a gruge!"

"What do you mean he got them on Ebay!!!!"

"I'm never going to live this down in Keil, out gunned by a fishing boat!!"

Engel der Vernichtung
09-24-06, 06:21 PM
"Bernard! I TOLD you it wasn't a good idea to tell the "how many Norwegians does it take to screw in a lightbulb" joke in that bar, but would you listen to me? NoooOOoooo..."

John Pancoast
09-24-06, 08:05 PM
AP WIRE:

In an unforeseen action, the Norwegian Government today announced their decision to as of this date declare all International Whaling Treaties null and void.

In a prepared statement, where a photo of the latest Norwegian whaling technology was shown, Minister of Fisheries Shot Gunderson also stated:

"We also plan on starting a Tuna Fleet next year, with the hope of catching more dolphins in our nets than tuna. And if any of those Greenpeace weanies try to stop us, well, take another look at this photo"

SubSerpent
09-24-06, 09:23 PM
Bernard "HA HA HA HAAAAAA UAH UAH UUUUAAAAHHH" <---Revenge of the Nerd Laughing while pointing at the fishing boat with a HUGE gun turret.

Herr Kaleun ":nope: Stupid Stupid Stupid..."

Bernard "That's about as funny as a Battleship with screen doors huh Herr Kaleun?!?!"

Herr Kaleun "It's U-boot!!!! U-boot with a screen door you Moron!!! Get the joke right or don't tell it at all!!!:nope: "

Raptor
09-25-06, 12:35 AM
When Donitz objected to the high cost of the proposed type XI u-cruiser, a deal was struck between the Kriegsmarine, the design team, and the fishing fleet. Here's the prototype undergoing sea trials.:up:

Steeltrap
09-25-06, 01:33 AM
"Reminds me of that barmaid at base: heavily armed up top, fishnets below, and carries a load of crabs......"

Tuddley3
09-25-06, 05:54 AM
http://foolstown.com/sm/appl.gifhttp://foolstown.com/sm/sexe.gif

LZ_Baker
09-25-06, 10:34 AM
Steeltrap wins :yep:

kylania
09-25-06, 10:56 AM
Fishing with "Anton", next on the Outdoor Life Channel!

Safe-Keeper
09-26-06, 11:28 AM
I really liked the dynamite one, the mushrooms one, and the bar-maid one.

But to quote Baker: "Steeltrap wins" for originality! Good job!

Runner-ups are the dynamite one and the mushroom one! Don't worry - no hug.

Here's all of them, in chronological order!

[B]A. when the kapitan looked through his binoculars, he knew the debate of right or wrong to sink a fishing boat, was over.

B. "The wharf insists it didn't mix any construction plans!"

C. "FISHING BOAT WITH BATTLESHIP CANNONS!!!!" cried poor Bernard, but tragicaly, noone belived him, since he has always been the boy screaming "fishing boat with battleship cannons"..................

D. "Captain to the bridge!! We're being attacked by the Norwegian Navy!"
"What Nav...Ah"

E. How Norwegian rednecks fish. "Dynamite, you don't need no stinking dynamite. Just two 8 inchers and HE shells.

F. "Ask the cook where he got those mushrooms he put in tonights stew"

G. "Why are the fishnets deployed?"
"Counter weigth, stupid."

H. Kaleun: -"Verdammten Vikings, always showing off!"

I. Germany's explanation of why they invaded the neutral Norway.

J. BERNARD forget the recognition manual YOU DUMBKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K. "Due to lack of funds to build battleships, the norweigen navy has developed the battletrawler"

L. "Bernard... it's for you. I think it's your ex-wife come to collect."

M. 2 new sailors on the trawler talk:

N. ... And EVERYBODY THOUGHT THEY WERE REAL GUNS!!!!

O. I knew fishing boats were complaining about the lack of deck guns, but this is RIDICULOUS!

P. "I knew they were a little angry after I cut their nets, but I didn't think they would hold a gruge!"

Q. "What do you mean he got them on Ebay!!!!"

R. "I'm never going to live this down in Kiel, out gunned by a fishing boat!!"

S. "Bernard! I TOLD you it wasn't a good idea to tell the "how many Norwegians does it take to screw in a lightbulb" joke in that bar, but would you listen to me? NoooOOoooo..."

T. AP WIRE:

In an unforeseen action, the Norwegian Government today announced their decision to as of this date declare all International Whaling Treaties null and void.

In a prepared statement, where a photo of the latest Norwegian whaling technology was shown, Minister of Fisheries Shot Gunderson also stated:

"We also plan on starting a Tuna Fleet next year, with the hope of catching more dolphins in our nets than tuna. And if any of those Greenpeace weanies try to stop us, well, take another look at this photo"

U. Bernard "HA HA HA HAAAAAA UAH UAH UUUUAAAAHHH" <---Revenge of the Nerd Laughing while pointing at the fishing boat with a HUGE gun turret.

Herr Kaleun " Stupid Stupid Stupid..."

Bernard "That's about as funny as a Battleship with screen doors huh Herr Kaleun?!?!"

Herr Kaleun "It's U-boot!!!! U-boot with a screen door you Moron!!! Get the joke right or don't tell it at all!!!

V. "Reminds me of that barmaid at base: heavily armed up top, fishnets below, and carries a load of crabs......"

W. Fishing with "Anton", next on the Outdoor Life Channel!

Mine:

1. Watchman: "...zo zey DID raize ze Blücher after all."

2.Bernard: "Herr Kaleun, Wir haven un fishingboot on Der Port Zide! Wir musten crash-taufen!!1

CO: "What ze ****, Bernard! Shut up und man ze Deck Gun! Donnerwetter..."

Bernard: "..But, but Herr Kaleu, it'z a Norwegian fishing boat!"

CO: "BERNA-A-A-ARD!

3. There had been some debate in Norway regarding the controversial tools used in the hunting of mackerel off Tromsø. Come April 1940, however, all voices of dissent were silenced.

Biggles
09-26-06, 11:42 AM
Good on ya lads, I had some great laughs! The nr.A was golden:()1:

_Seth_
09-26-06, 11:51 AM
3. There had been some debate in Norway regarding the controversial tools used in the hunting of mackerel off Tromsø. Come April 1940, however, all voices of dissent were silenced.

Excellent!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Steeltrap
09-28-06, 07:05 PM
Thanks SK, although I agree that your number 3 is pretty good (in fact, there are plenty of good efforts!).

:rock: