PDA

View Full Version : Have anyone had this kind of crash ?

Nico_101
09-22-06, 09:42 PM
Returning from my 2nd patrol to Wilhelmshafen in my cute IIa, at the entrance of the bay, a Vorponstenboot appears on the horizon. After a while, and all of the sudden, it sunks :o (it disappears and left behind a blue sunken ship icon). Inmediatly after, the game crashes and return to desktop.
Retried a couple of times and exactly the same happened. :damn:
Im using 1,4b, GW 1.1a and U-boat ace 1,4, and several of the downl ships.

Any idea why ? Or is just some random malfunction ?

Tks in advance.

Reece
09-22-06, 10:27 PM
Can't help you as I do not use either, however you should stick to one super mod!:)
Some mods require altering files that require a specific file, taylor made, to be there and you will have flattened it with another file that is not compatable!:-? In your case to do with AI subs, What I would do is to install a base supermod then install the other supermod to a temp folder & using JSGME introduce mods of your choosing, if there are problems you can simply "uninstall" it, hope this helps.:yep:
Cheers.

Sailor Steve
09-23-06, 01:49 PM
It's almost certainly because you loaded one supermod on top of another. This will cause you to have some files from one and some from the other, and if a particular part needs the files to match and they don't...BOOM!

MothBalls
09-23-06, 02:48 PM
I think he's saying he's using GW, and there is a version of War Ace that was written for GW, designed to go on top of it by design. I've used that combo before.

And I've had the same issue. The flottenburger (whatever that thing is) near the harbor entrance caused me to crash to desktop.

The only way I can get by him is by going to the nav map and keeping my TC (time compression) below 4, and wait until he disappears.

When returning from patrol, as soon as I'm close enough to exit the patrol to dock at base, I do. Usually close to the harbor and only in the Nav map. I'm not sure what it is about that ship, but I figured ouw hot to get around it.

<edit>

Just read this posted by Hansolo in this thread:

- fixed locations.cfg CTD cause by harbour Plymouth

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=87436&page=8

I guess it was a know issue and he is fixing it. If you look at his improvements coming up in his next release, it really looks like Aces is coming along great. I love that supermod.