PDA

View Full Version : Problems?

Phantom II
09-22-06, 06:20 AM
Hey everyone. I just made a new install of SH3, updated to 1.4, and installed NYGM 2.0, but I'm having this weird as problem. Whenever I try to run the game, it shows goes up to the point where the intro movie is meant to be showed, and then it just sits on a black screen. When I go to task manager, it says the application is 'Not Responding'. Does anyone know whats going on?

Thanks

-Phantom

MarshalLaw
09-22-06, 08:16 AM
Well the first thing I would do is delete the install you have and reinstall only the game and the 1.4 patch, then see if the game operates properly. If you are good to go then your Mod may have a problem. If you still have the problem, Make sure when you uninstall ,that ALL files are deleted as well. You may have a bad file that did not get deleted the first time around.

Good luck.

Deimos01
09-22-06, 11:13 AM
When-ever you do a re-install make sure to delete the old SH3 folder from your hard drive. It will cause problems if you dont.

SteamWake
09-22-06, 03:47 PM
You should also probably clean up the registry entrys too.

Im not gonna get into how Ill leave that to the experts.

Phantom II
09-22-06, 04:23 PM
Alright, what I did, is I removed the actual intro movies. That is what seemed to have caused the problem. What happens now though, is when I actually try to go on a mission, it loads up to about 25%, and then it just sits there. I waited for about 10 minutes and still nothing.

-Phantom

_Seth_
09-22-06, 07:47 PM
Sound like some sort of memory-thing. If anything else works, blame the memory.... (Or Bernard.... :yep:

Phantom II
09-22-06, 07:55 PM
But the thing is, GW and vanilla SH3 works perfectly :/

-Phantom

_Seth_
09-22-06, 08:12 PM
[quote=Phantom II]But the thing is, GW and vanilla SH3 works perfectly :/

-Phantom[/quote

Hmmmmm.....Weird...