PDA

View Full Version : Multiple SH3 Installs

robj250
09-20-06, 03:45 PM
I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but here is what I want to do: I want to create 3 different installs of SH3 with each one having different mods: ie. the one I'm using now, one for Grey Wolves and another for a specially designed SH3.

I use SH3 Commander 2.5, so I imagine I would have to make 3 different installs of SH3 CMDR?

Here is one problem: My huge hard drive is partitioned. My windows XP SP2 and drivers are in partition 1 as well as "My Documents", every other install is in the 2nd partition under program files. My SH3 CMDR points to that partition and is installed there.

I know the 3 SH3 installs will need 3 different names and the SH3 Careers and Personnel Files in "My Documents" will also require 3 names to corresponding SH3 names.

What my problem is, how do I handle SH3 Commander because it will have to deal with 3 different modded SH3s.

I understand that I should roll back SH3 Commander, but I'm not sure what to do after that. Do I need 3 different SH3 Commanders installed and if so, how do I name and manage them?

Sorry for the mess, but this is what I would like to do.

Need advice from others as well as JS.

Edit: Hey, I just thought. I have a C: drive (my original drive) then I installed a very large harddrive which is partitioned as Drive D and Drive E. Could I not have the 3 different SH3 installed on the different drives? 1 on C:, 1 on D, and 1 on E: