PDA

View Full Version : crash, crash, CRASH!!! wtf is going on?

Crawlerz
09-20-06, 01:10 PM
so u all already know that i got GW and later installed SH3 commander. started the new mediterranean career and (before 2-3 times in a row the submarine nets got me. i totaled the boat!) but the game didn't crash.

now i start the new career thru commander and as soon as i move the map and zoom out a bit SH3 crashes on me! this happens again and again! i am sick!:oops: :nope: plz help! do u have it?
i didnt even exit the port yet! god!:down: sux, huh?

thnx!:doh:

Deimos01
09-20-06, 01:18 PM
When you say you started the new Med career, are you talking about the expansion pack that was for sale? If so and you tried to install that over a modded game then that would explain your crashes.

If you are saying that you started a new career with GW from a Med flotilla, then Im not sure. Have you done anything new since you able to play it last? Might also help if list all mods you are using and what order you installed them in.

Crawlerz
09-20-06, 03:10 PM
as i said i am using ONLY GW and SH3 commander. the med campaign that came w/GW. zoom out -- pfffffft! crash. sometimes the screen freezes. twice the game crashed to desktop. wtf?:stare: :o :x

p.s. how to use those two speed conversion charts in top-left corner? are they just knots-km conversions?

p.p.s. i studied some german but as of right now now i dont remeber any.

mookiemookie
09-20-06, 03:13 PM
It could be the harbor traffic mod that's doing it to you. what time compression are you using when the crash occurs? higher compressions put a lot more strain on your system to try and handle all the extra ships and their courses/movement/etc. What are your system specs?

Deimos01
09-20-06, 03:50 PM
Theyre not speed conversion charts really. They are speed/distance tables. One chart shows in increments of minutes I believe and the other one goes in increments of hours.

So for example: If you have a ship that is going 7kts and you want to see how many kilometers it will travel in, say 10 hours, you just go down the left hand column till you find 7 and trace that across to the right till your under the column that says 10. There you have it, the distance in kilometers that a ship will travel in 10 hours at 7 knots. :know:

As for you crashing problem:hmm: You say it happened after starting with SH3 commander? Try and start the game normally and see if you still have the problem. If not then you will know there is a conflict going on with SH3 commander. Again, what order did you install your mods in?