PDA

View Full Version : confirmed kills! there were more! i know there were!

Crawlerz
09-19-06, 02:27 PM
:down: emmmmmmmm u know when i dl'd GW for my SH3 i was immensely happy although it took my all night from a earopean server @ an astonishingly sloooooooow speed. the changes are so many and so gr8 that i really want to thank the ppl that had a hand in it. but something is troubling me.

since i installed GW, i've had 2 crashes and 2 missions where i was sure i had more kills than were "confirmed"! even the "confirmed" # was > than the # of icons on the map!!! what is this all about?! canya help? or explain? i got a good machine and am not running any mods besides GW to not screw it up.:hmm:
thank u!

LoneTraveller
09-19-06, 03:16 PM
Hi there,

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also new at TGW but in my case the confirmed kills were credited to me anyways :hmm: (Although it toke 2 ingame days for them to go down and I wasn't close to the boat in question by 150 km). They were listed in the "patrol report" at the end of the patrol.

I have some questions about the damage system of this mod but I guess i'm too busy/lazy to look. Like : Does it just take longer for boats to sink ? or does it take more damage ? Are the weak spots as "volatile" like in the stock game or am I shooting wrong ? (I mean the ammo, fuel, engine, propellor sections that I know because of a mod that showed them in color in the recognition manual)

Also, is there a way to make the TC continue even when I get the "radio message received" popup ?

Thanks

GT182
09-19-06, 03:57 PM
I've had unconfirmed kills a few times from a ships sinking and I was too far away. Either the crew didn't see it go down or sonar didn't hear it sink.... no message "Enemy Unit Derstroyed". In all cases the ship was heavily damaged and at a full stop. However on one occasion I saw the ship sink thru the periscope from a long distance and still no credit for it.

However, I'm not using GW, RUB or NYGM, just stock SHIII patched to 1.4b with installed mods. My thoughts are it's a game bug. Not fixable as it could be hardcoded in SHIII somewhere.

LT, you need SHIII Commander inorder to change TC as you want. But from experience I'd rather have TC drop to 1 when I get a Radio Message. For the simple reason it's probably a report on an Enemy Convoy. You'll be better able to intercept it, with no elapsed time to throw off you plot, if that convoy is close enough. High TC only guarantees you'll miss something important. Any message on a convoy's whereabouts is important and you surely don't want a time difference from when you get it to when you read it.

Deimos01
09-19-06, 05:10 PM
Yes the damage models have been changed in GW. Now ships have more of a tendency to sink from flooding rather than you just exceeding their max hit points. This means that you can completely destroy a compartment but the ship will still not go down. Spread you shots around.

This was intended to intruduce a bit of uncertanty like the real skippers had to face. No more insta sinking:up: Your deck gun is also less effective so aim for the waterline.

Generally I will wait about 2 hours max. If it hasnt one down by then I plug it again. :arrgh!: However, it can take much longer than that for a ship to go down.

Crawlerz
09-19-06, 05:18 PM
well, i was not lazy enuf not to look. i looked in the FAQ. this really IS a bug but it's a bug of SH3 and not of GW.:|\\

SubConscious
09-19-06, 05:46 PM
Just to confirm - the bug is with SH3 (I'm playing stock SH3). I have encountered this bug often enough to check all of my kills after they occur. What I have found is that if you don't get the message "Enemy Unit Destroyed", you won't get credit for the kill.

The odd part about this is that I haven't been able to figure out a rhyme or reason to it. For example, I encountered a T3 Tanker outside of Liverpool. I sank her with some very lucky deck gun rounds (about 12-15), but I didn't receive any credit. As I had saved the game just before encountering this ship, I tested to see if a torpedo attack would make a difference. It didn't. I tryed again using different angles and ranges but the end result was the same: No credit.

One consistent thing I have encountered is if you cripple a ship, then lose visual contact with it by either sailing out of range or submerging with your scope down, when you re-encounter the ship, if your crew doesn't yell out "Ship sighted!", then you're not going to receive credit for the kill. This has happened to me several times.

I hope this helps. Good luck and good hunting!

The Munster
09-20-06, 01:34 AM
Also, is there a way to make the TC continue even when I get the "radio message received" popup ?

Hi, the best thing to do when you are using TC extensively is to rest the radioman then once you resume to real time, put him back there. That way your TC won't get interrupted by Radio Messages. Hope this helps.