PDA

View Full Version : Sub instruments in SHIV.

ook
09-16-06, 02:44 PM
Well... what instruments will be available to control in SHIV? Battery and engines controls? Vents? How much the sub will be controlled by human?

Takeda Shingen
09-16-06, 02:55 PM
As I understand it, the current list is:

1. Sounding block
2. Sewage tank flush valve
3. Ice cream maker
4. Hot fudge machine
5. Forward deck hatch
6. Outer torpedo tube door (Tube three only)
7. Radio (you have a choice between two stations: (a) Random morse code letters or (b) A compilation of Andy Rooney segments from 60 Minutes.)
8. Desk lamp in the captain's birth
9. Waffle iron
10. Galley Sink

The crew takes care of the rest, and you had better be sure that the forward hatch is secured when they go to dive.

Immacolata
09-16-06, 03:09 PM
Andy Rooney? Crap, I think Ill join the airforce then :rotfl:

So what about the coffee perculator? Did they let us down again? I cannot believe they oversee such a vital function. Everyone knows that hot coffee is what keep skippers afloat.

Takeda Shingen
09-16-06, 05:07 PM
I can see the dialogue box now:

2215 Activate Coffee percolator
2215 OOD: Cannot comply: Not enough crew in galley sir!
2215 OOD: Coffee percolater is running, sir!
2217 OOD: Galley sink backing up, sir!
2220 OOD: We're flooding sir!
2223 OOD: Waffre iron taking damage, sir!
2223 OOD: Man down on deck, sir!
2225 OOD: Coffee percolator destroyed, sir!
2231 Flush sewage tank
2231 OOD: Cannot comply: Not enough crew in lavatory, sir!

All the while, over the radio:

You know what? Breifcases used to carry briefs. They used to be small. These are both good reasons why they could have been called briefcases. Nowadays, briefcases carry computers. They carry cell phones. They are so much bigger than they used to be. I have at least 15 briefcases. None of them carry cell phones. Some admirers like to send me briefcases. I keep them because I am amazed that I still have admirers, while most of America is just amazed that I am still alive. I remember my first briefcase. It was brown with......

Sounds to me like a masterpiece of gaming.

The General
09-17-06, 04:09 AM

You know what? Breifcases used to carry briefs. They used to be small. These are both good reasons why they could have been called briefcases. Nowadays, briefcases carry computers. They carry cell phones. They are so much bigger than they used to be. I have at least 15 briefcases. None of them carry cell phones. Some admirers like to send me briefcases. I keep them because I am amazed that I still have admirers, while most of America is just amazed that I am still alive. I remember my first briefcase. It was brown with......

Sounds to me like a masterpiece of gaming.This is funny stuff. Is that last part a quote from Gore Vidal or somone or did you write that yourself?

Safe-Keeper
09-17-06, 06:45 AM
I hope you can operate as many switches and gizmoes as possible. It's not realistic (the skipper didn't exactly run around in the command room yelling "no, I wanna set the dive planes! Hey, leggo of the speed telegraph, I wanna d-- hey, that's my TDC!"), but it'd be fun none-the-less.

I just love buttons, dials, and what the Heck not.

Takeda Shingen
09-17-06, 07:03 AM

Sounds to me like a masterpiece of gaming.This is funny stuff. Is that last part a quote from Gore Vidal or somone or did you write that yourself?

No quote, just my best impersonation of Andy Rooney.

John Channing
09-17-06, 08:22 AM

No quote, just my best impersonation of Andy Rooney.

And a really great one, at that!

JCC

John Channing
09-17-06, 08:23 AM
I hope you can operate as many switches and gizmoes as possible. It's not realistic (the skipper didn't exactly run around in the command room yelling "no, I wanna set the dive planes! Hey, leggo of the speed telegraph, I wanna d-- hey, that's my TDC!"), but it'd be fun none-the-less.

I just love buttons, dials, and what the Heck not.

OK... now that was one funny image!

JCC