PDA

View Full Version : Wolfpack??

DanCanovas
09-14-06, 04:47 PM
i was just wondering, with the GW mod when you get reports from other boats about convoys and BDu orders an attack, are there actually boats there attacking? does GW mod support other boats attacking and if so, has anyone seen this.

Rose
09-14-06, 04:50 PM
No, there are not actually other U-boats with you in the 3D world, but, if you can, suspend your disbelief and use your imagination. Those radio messages are real historical messages taken from Donitz's war diary. It just adds to the immersion of the game.

DanCanovas
09-14-06, 05:33 PM
does that mean that the reported convoys are not there either (in these particular messages). It really does add depth :smug: to the game and makes you feel like your part of the war effort.

Rose
09-14-06, 06:33 PM
Nope, the convoys aren't there either.

Dantenoc
09-14-06, 07:49 PM
that's not good... I'll keep that in mind so as to not go into any wild goose chases :-?

Grrbob25
09-14-06, 11:13 PM
In Uboat War Ace mod (UBWA) messages about convoys, and those operations like the evacuation of dunkirk are in there and the convoys and evac ships will actually be there for a amount of time and other stuff like that............I believe UBWA v1.7 is compatable with GW but 1.8 and 1.92 arent for sure.

kylania
09-14-06, 11:21 PM
Just to be clear, if you get a Radio CONTACT report about a convoy, and an icon on your map the convoy IS there and you can intercept it. I believe GWX will support wolfpacks in some situations like that, but currently plain GW 1.1a doesn't to my knowledge (at least in 24 patrols I haven't seen any).

The "flavor" radio messages don't have convoys as Rose said.