PDA

View Full Version : Dam!

I-25
08-28-06, 02:22 PM
Ken Ho, 31, Japan: Can a Japanese submarine be controlled?
SH4 Dev Team: Negative, Japanese submarines will not be player controllable for SHIV.

DAM! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!:damn: :damn: :damn:

GOD i hope some one mods this one as soon as released

Subnuts
08-28-06, 02:33 PM
Was there this much of an uproar when it was announced that SH3 was U-boat only, and the player couldn't command British, Italian, free French, Russian, and so on, boats?

Nightmare
08-28-06, 02:44 PM
Was there this much of an uproar when it was announced that SH3 was U-boat only, and the player couldn't command British, Italian, free French, Russian, and so on, boats?

Not that I remember, which is why I'm confused. The SH series has always been one nation as playable per version: Americian in the Pacific, Germans in the Atlantic, Germans again, and now back to Pacific.

Threadfin
08-28-06, 02:49 PM
I look at that quote as a positive. I think it can be inferred that Japanese subs will be included in the sim, just not playable

John Pancoast
08-28-06, 04:59 PM

Exactly.

PeriscopeDepth
08-28-06, 05:34 PM
Everybody knew that it would be US subs only. No one seriously expected IJN boats to be in there.

PD

joea
08-28-06, 05:36 PM
Err look I-25 is obviously an IJN fan so he has probably been disappointed for some time now. I for example was disappointed there have never been drivable British subs in any sim. I agree there was not a general expectation, in WWII Germany and the US sub fleets got most of the attention.

chris911
08-28-06, 05:45 PM
But it sounds promissing that this SH will have the ability to include a Expension later so maybe we get the Jap subs then and another DDcommand

John Channing
08-28-06, 06:42 PM
Everybody knew that it would be US subs only. No one seriously expected IJN boats to be in there.

PD

Actually I can remember some nozzlehead who claimed to be "in contact with UbiSoft" who was putting it about that SHIV would be all IJN Subs.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why you never listen to rumours on the internet!

No matter how much you wish them to be true!

By the time SHIV launches I am sure there will be someone claiming that the Developers promised controllable IJN Subs.

JCC

nikimcbee
08-28-06, 10:38 PM
Oh well:shifty: , It would make a great add-on though...Japanese campaign...:D I would pay for that.:)

Sea Demon
08-28-06, 11:39 PM
Oh well:shifty: , It would make a great add-on though...Japanese campaign...:D I would pay for that.:)

I agree whole-heartedly with you nikimcbee. :up: It would be great if the developers could later develop an add-on with controllable Japanese subs. I actually look forward to playing SH-IV, and doing it from the perspective of an American sub skipper. But I would purchase any Japanese add-on if available in the future.

enaceo
08-29-06, 12:42 AM
An IJN addon would be great!I'd certainly buy and play it too.
This isn't really such a hard feat for Ubi.They did this with IL-2 .They made 2 major addons (AoP and PF,have them both:D) which grately enhanced the game .They added new aircraft new vehicles new controllable aircraft bug fixes and things like that + new campaigns and multyplayer maps.With PF they also introduced a pacific campaign itself,complete with IJN campaign.

UglyMowgli
08-29-06, 02:00 AM
But it sounds promissing that this SH will have the ability to include a Expension later so maybe we get the Jap subs then and another DDcommand

If i remember, Ubi told us : "if SH3 sell well, we will make a Destroyer Command addon", well 300 000 copy of SH3 after, nothing, so Ubi lost a customer for ever.

Gizzmoe
08-29-06, 02:12 AM
so Ubi lost a customer for ever.

That will surely hit them hard... :roll:

UglyMowgli
08-29-06, 02:47 AM
"Little drops make big rivers"

Sea Demon
08-29-06, 04:50 AM
If i remember, Ubi told us : "if SH3 sell well, we will make a Destroyer Command addon", well 300 000 copy of SH3 after, nothing, so Ubi lost a customer for ever.

Oh come on. You can't be serious. SH3 is a top notch sim. And they have made a business decision based on potential sales for SH4. Basically, there are more people wishing for a WW2 Pacific Based subsim then there is for a Destroyer Command 2. I remember a poll around here somewhere that proved that.

Destroyer Command 2 would be a welcome sim as well. Maybe after this sim is complete, they will make a DC2. But we can't have it all...right now. That's unreasonable. No offense intended.:-?

MadMike
08-29-06, 08:09 AM
Several year's ago Sergbuto had a Human Controlled Allied Subs mod for SH2 and SH2 Pacific Aces that included a British S-class submarine. It was an interesting little mod and it's unfortunate that Allied submarines won't be featured in SH4.

Yours, Mike

sergbuto
08-29-06, 09:32 AM
I for example was disappointed there have never been drivable British subs in any sim.

This can be quickly corrected if the Devs will keep the same format for the 3D models but it looks like it may not be the case.

I-25
08-29-06, 01:37 PM
Err look I-25 is obviously an IJN fan
Really How did you know!?:rotfl:

Seeadler
08-29-06, 02:25 PM
...so Ubi lost a customer for ever.
...they lost me too, but that's another story ;)