PDA

View Full Version : Worst game I never played

evil_monkey
07-08-06, 05:45 PM
When I recieved my copy of SHIII it installed fine. I added the latest patch and added the real U-boat mod, military mod and instrument panel mod, all from SubSim. The game worked great, except that after spending over an hour on the first mission of my career I decided to save it. I came back to find that the last save file said that the war was over, something that has somewhat been adressed on this forum. Someone said it may be just a bad install and I agree. So I removed the game, did a check disk and a defrag before reinstalling it....now I get the security window that says it's checking the disk then the whole screen goes black just as it would as if was proceeding to load the game. But nothing happens. I've tried patching it prior to loading just the way I had before but the freakin thing just wont play anymore!!! :damn: Am I just destined to never play this game or is there something wrong that I'm not aware of....... HELP, ANYBODY!!!!

BigBadVuk
07-08-06, 06:23 PM
Hmmm...well try to get newest drivers for your hardware and reinstall DirectX,maybe that will help:doh: :hmm:
Ah...Check the registry also,there may be some garbage left from previous installation....

VonHelsching
07-08-06, 07:14 PM
In order for the game to be removed completely, delete also the My Documents/SH3 directory (where your save games are). Then install again.

frog7
07-08-06, 07:20 PM
Well we will try to help..whats your Spec?...but i must say sounds very odd.

Hartmann
07-08-06, 09:08 PM
sometimes the mods can change a lot of thing in the simulation.

perhaps a complete remove of folders and a fresh install can solve your problem.

Sh3 is not a good game but its the best submarine simulation about www2 until now :up:

evil_monkey
07-09-06, 03:22 PM
Thnx guys.. i deleted everything I could to get a fresh install...it still wouldn't work until I put RuB back on, so maybe I still missed something. None the less, it works... I just hope the war doesn't keep ending in '39, and my saves all stay put :-? Oh, and I'm sorry for the comment about 'worst game', work out the bugs and this game rocks :rock: Thanks again :up: