PDA

View Full Version : strange glitch

cobalt
07-01-06, 02:04 PM
When I Load my fourth patrol, as soon as it loads my boat goes into a steep dive and accelerates to over 100knots. it settles at 505m and doesnt crush. I take a look at the external cam and the sky and ocean are all distorted. Anyone know what in the world is going on? im using gw btw

Kruger
07-01-06, 06:58 PM
Jesus...I've never heard of something more horrifiyng :(

donlas
07-01-06, 07:16 PM
I have... her name is Cherie Blair

Seminole
07-01-06, 10:11 PM
Man O' man....were you in the Bermuda triangle on the 4th patrol by any chance? :o

Sorry I don't have clue about the cause but I have been seeing some very strange stuff myself....and I am now back to vanilla with only selected mods and tweaks that I prefer.

Reece
07-01-06, 10:39 PM
Too much ballast! :rotfl:Just for fun try firing all torps, for a softer landing or quickly blow ballast! :rotfl:...... more :rotfl:Sorry I couldn't help myself!:D

cobalt
07-02-06, 07:33 AM
anyone know how to edit saved games, so maybe i could fix soemthing in there?

cobalt
07-02-06, 05:08 PM
anyone know how to edit the .sav files?

Mooncatt
07-02-06, 05:14 PM
no idea how to edit them files, but woooaah some very scary events there m8:hmm:

cobalt
07-02-06, 05:22 PM
yeah, it sucks, ive tried a lot of differant things but i havent gotten it fixed yet. i really want to go play too!

Seminole
07-02-06, 05:45 PM
anyone know how to edit the .sav files?

The SAVES are in your Career folder in the My Documents SH3 folder....and they are text files you can open and edit with Notepad.

But really....where in the world would you start trying to "fix" something like you described? :nope: I wouldn't have a clue though others might.

Maybe you can try and reload any of the other Patrols before the buggy one and see how that works. I know it is a royal pain in the you know what to replay a patrol but sometimes it is your only option.....and too....sometimes reloading a prior Saved Patrol doesn't always work. If it does just be thankful that all is not lost.

You might want in the future to stay away from Save and Exit as your only method of saving your patrols.

As a habit formed out of past bitter experiences I always do a Save Patrol....Continue playing for a minute or so....and then do the Save and Exit. When I come back I reload only from the Saved Patrol.... never....not ever from the Save and Exit one.

Good luck!

Safe-Keeper
07-02-06, 10:53 PM
So your boat can go to 100 knots and dive to 500+ metres without getting crushed -and you complain? Kick some British butt:p!

Seriously, though, .sav files probably have nothing to do with it. Re-installing the game's a better bet.