PDA

View Full Version : Lightning at Twilight

Manock
06-12-06, 10:41 PM
Lightning at Twilight

Im way over here on the US East Coast when I got buzzed by a P38 Lightning at dusk.

Nicely modeled.

The plane which doesnt have radar flew past me, & didnt spot me until a beam to me.

Impressed with the computer modeling here. It would've been easier to program all planes to come in straight at you so SH3 spending the energy to make their sim most realistic is appreciated.

The plane then turned around, flew over my position for certain id, then turned around again, and made its bombing run.

Well done on a great sim.

Manock

How do you like the poetic title? See that visual sizzle across the sky metaforing into a silvery twin engined fighter streaking towards you.

andy_311
06-13-06, 04:48 AM
That's a first,they don't give me that kind of treatment,when they see me they come in guns blazing,and bombs falling.

tycho102
06-13-06, 08:35 AM
Nah, they have to search for you. There's been many times that I've managed to dive before they've spotted me.

This is why the nav map sometimes gets so choppy (framerate). The rest of the world is being modeled out there. Not as fully as it is within the 20km radius, but it's still being "simulated".

Wait until they get 3cm radar. *Then* they come right the hell in on you, even when you're at snorkel depth.

Schani
06-13-06, 09:30 AM
Lightning at Twilight

Im way over here on the US East Coast when I got buzzed by a P38 Lightning at dusk.

Nicely modeled.

The plane which doesnt have radar flew past me, & didnt spot me until a beam to me.

Impressed with the computer modeling here. It would've been easier to program all planes to come in straight at you so SH3 spending the energy to make their sim most realistic is appreciated.

The plane then turned around, flew over my position for certain id, then turned around again, and made its bombing run.

Well done on a great sim.

Manock

How do you like the poetic title? See that visual sizzle across the sky metaforing into a silvery twin engined fighter streaking towards you.

I thought it was well done.:up: Kinda reminded me of the old poem., I think it was called Top Flight. "I slipped the silvery skies on laughted silvery wings.........." or something like that.

Schani
06-13-06, 09:33 AM
Gotta watch that spelling stuff. "... on Lofted silvery...":oops:

HunterICX
06-14-06, 05:18 AM
I hate when the Game opens up an small screen to show that the planes is diving towards me to drop bombs....I know the plane is there but that screen just gives me an hell of an Framerate Lag...is there an way to turn that darn little screen off:damn:

Alyebard
06-14-06, 06:04 AM
I hate when the Game opens up an small screen to show that the planes is diving towards me to drop bombs....I know the plane is there but that screen just gives me an hell of an Framerate Lag...is there an way to turn that darn little screen off:damn:
Sure, every time you begin a new patrol, go to options/realism and enable "no event camera"

more in
http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Main_Page

zombiewolf
06-14-06, 10:50 PM
I believe it is "v" on the key board that disables the event cam